Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TALKS IN PRAGUE ON CZECH-SLOVAK LEAGUE
CMFS (Czech football association) and SFZ (Slovak football association) held the first formal talks on the idea of a combined Czech-Slovak league on Thursday in Prague.

Among the Czech clubs reportedly interested in developing the idea are Sparta Praha, Slavia Praha, Teplice, Banik Ostrava and Tescoma Zlin.

The biggest obstacle to the creation of a Czech/Slovak league remains UEFA, who have blocked all similar projects in the past.

Even if it were agreed and approved, however, a revival of Czechoslovakia’s old federal league would be several years away and big commercial and financial issues would still need to be addressed.

·
皇帝
933 Posts
We´ve alreday discussed that in Slovak thread so let me just bring some points you haven´t mentioned. SFZ and CMFS had invited also UEFA advisors and Belaník (the president of ULK - union of league clubs) mentioned that they have silent support of UEFA and Laurinec is lobbing in UEFA executive for approval. The proposed model should be 12 clubs from Gabrinus league and 6 clubs from Corgon league what was approved as by Slovak so by Czech side. Also the club officials, ie on Slovak side officials in ÚLK were invited to the talks. I don´t know why but I have a good feeling about this.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
12+6 doesn't benefit Czech side at the moment... 16 team league is the max IMO.Slovakian clubs had a very poor record in Europe with the exception of Petrzalka (who barely exist now) and Zilina while Sparta, Slavia, Liberec. Mlada Boleslav and even Teplice/Olomouc had some sort of decent results in the past 10 years. Seems like this proposal will help raise the level of Slovakian football a lot more

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can somebody give me info on Sparta-Slovan tickets for 6th November,I am visiting Prague and want to go,but it won't let me buy a ticket online,are tickets on sale yet and is it likely to sell out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts