Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
69,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
poll requested...

well everything is wrapped up in Group B, Croatia are group winners after two matches and in the quarterfinals in Vienna they will either play Group A runners-up Czech Republic or Turkey which should be an interested game on Sunday. I know all the cliches "take one game at a time" but it is interesting to see who we would rather play against.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
assuming we beat either turkey or the czech republic, we wil then play either portugal/germany/austria in the semis?? is that correct?

so we could face germany in the semifinal.... yikes

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I wish you made a third option of 'either team would be fine with me'

but since i have to choose, i guess czech.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
im thinking either could be tough but I will go with the Czechs, because they have been somewhat inconsistant other than in goal. With the Turks you never know what team is going to show up and they have the ability to pull off that shock win.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Well, I think the dodgy Turks would be a difficult nut to crack. With Emre back in their lineup and with those barbarians having had him back for two games, they can very well have found their flow.

The Acid washed Czechs are an easy win on the other hand--though they always show a glimmer of hope on set pieces. But you know what you get with them and they will in no way stifle your free flowing game.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd take Turkey, that Sionko fellow on the Czech side impressed so i'd like to avoid them

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm thinking outside the box on this one and came to the conclusion I'd rather have the czechs.

Not because I think they are worse than Turkey, they might even be better, but because our fans would yet again OWN the stands making it our "home field".

This would make our boys give those extra 10% plus give the ref some additional pressure aswell as give the czech team the shills hearing that croatian "Wall of Noise".

If it's Turkey I expect them to also have some crazy number of fans in the stands which would somewhat neutralize our ones.

So give us czech fans that can't make great noise/singing and wont show up in nearly as great number as we will.

We always deliver playing at home. Give our boys the impression they are playing at home.

end of thread/ :howler::howler::howler:

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Even though I like the Czechs I think their style suits us better. The Turks are tenatious and run all game long which doesn't fall into our advantage. When the other team tries to build slowly we always have better games. Look at the Austria game they just ran like budale at us and it messed us up. Germany was slower and more deliberate and that suits us.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i think for this game Modric, Kovac brothers, Simunic and Olic should rest and give a chance from the start to Klasnic, Vukojevic,Simic, Budan and Knezevic.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
The turks have some crazy looking guys...the one huge guy at the back with the knee brace or whatever is a red card waiting to happen...

I think if we play the turks it will be a blood bath...our boys won't back down...

The czechs I think are better for us to play against...more predictable...

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
we have enough talent to beat either of these teams, i'd rather face turkey. they simply looked like a worse team than czechs to me.

·
Registered
69,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Turkey currently have serious injury problems and they are known for getting cards in their matches, and since their last match is meaningful it wouldn't surprise me if they got more. The downside is they look like they have no fear and the crowd support

Czech Republic have not look convincing yet this tournament, but they got some good players and a great goalkeeper who can frustrate our strikers

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
^^^

Just learned that both Emre and the other midfield stud Metin or whatever the hell will be out of the lineup.

These guys are just like cockroaches though, and continue to find replacements.

So the team is seriously depleted.

I hope the Vatreni like the great Tony Montana "bury those cockroaches."

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Cesi for me. I don't like the speed, fanatacism, and tenacity of the Turks, and as baraba said, we tend to play better against teams who aren't so aggresive. BTW Baraba, will you watch the match with your wife??:smileani:

·
Registered
119 Posts
czechs, they play with no desire, perfect for us to pounce on

im still trying to figure out how we are already the top seed regardless of mondays outcomes(s)?

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.