Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
I really don't know what to think of this result, considering this was only a friendly. I guess it's good to know that the Zabari couldn't score against the Czechs, but the Belgians, who aren't exactly an offensive team could put 3 behind them. I think the Italians are not as good as people say they are, and I also believe that there are to many big ego's on that team which might cause alot of in fighting between the players. I think we should be able to at least draw with the Italians, as long as we beat Mexico. THE MEXICO GAME IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stress that enough. This game is do or die for us, and I believe we will do! 2-0 za nase! Ja te volim, Ja te volim, Ja te volim Hrvatskooooooooo!!!!!

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
right on Grba! you said it totaly correctly

Italy has great individual talents but it remains to be seen if they can play together and esspecialy without thier hero R.Baggio he is still the best i say!:)

and i also agree with your prediction against Mexico 2-0 for us and like Suker said he is scoring 2 goals! so it coincides perfectly and i have a feeling Boksic will score one against our western neighbours the Italians

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing you have to give the Italians though...is when the games have more meaning they always seem to find a way to win. They start slow, that is why I wish we played them first. But yes, game 1 against the Mexicans is extremely important. We have to beat them and put in goals. Same with the Equador game because the group may come down to goals....

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
The result really doesn't mean much, but the Italians definitely played hard and tried to boost morale, they failed.

Good result for the Czechs.

·
Registered
508 Posts
hmm although italy lost we cant let this get to us the czechs have a good squad as always and i doubt the talijani would over exert themselves to try to win (to save face in this game) which might cost them injuries right before world cup. But it doesnt matter i always believed and wil continue to believe a win against italy in WC is more than possible.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hmm

Call me crazy......but..........I think Croatias toughest opponent will be Equador. We have never played against Equador. They have a good team who beat good teams on their way to WC. (Brazil and some other)

We have beaten Mexico twice. (3-0, 1-2) won and draw against Italy. We know how to play against theese two teams.

Don´t underestimate Equador:eek: :cool:

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I've been thinking along the same lines boksic, Ecuador will be a tough game, especially if we stuff up one of the first 2.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys...

Equador is a team that I have no worry for at all. They have no attack and will bunker up. Score first and quick and they are finished. They did beat Brazil but the Brazilians came with not even their "B" team to that game. I saw them at Giant Stadium last month against Bulgaria and they did not impress me at all.

But, we shouldn't take them to lightly either. They will be lucky to even get a draw in this group.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
One game at a time gentlemen.

The ONLY game in our minds and the team's minds should be Mexico.

100% concentration for 90 minutes vs. Mexico then 100% concentration vs. Italy and so forth.....................

TO THE FINAL BABY!!!!!!! :) :D :D ;) ;) :)

(why don't they have a delirious or crazy face?)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Ye true one game at a time ;)

Damn im starting to get so nervous and its still 2 weeks away.. the WC is great but boy does it shred the nervs :nervous:

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
You know what?

It's interesting to see how a tournament can bring so much passion to so many people around the world.

My stomach is turning right now. I'm dying with anticipation, nervous, anxious, tense, and bloody impatient.

But I'm also confident, proud, hopeful and last but not least expectant of a good run and a good tounament.

Here's to many goals us and to a good tourney!!!!!

And before ye know it, it will all be over.

Cheers

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let me tell you...I was nervous watching the US-Holland game today. It was giving me the feel of the WC.....I watch a World Cup preview show at 1 pm today on Univison, the Spanish Chanel and I had no clue what they said but it was great....plus, when they did a tour of all the Stadiums (which by the way are beautiful) my heart started racing...especially when the showed the Stadium and the guy said that Croatia and Mexico will play at this venue.....wow....

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Jesus.....two weeks !!!

I've been watching my collection of Croatia games every night..so nervous, must hold out....m u s t h o l d o u t ..... !!!!!!!

T W O W E E K S ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just finished watching that Germany game all over again...for the 100th time..and you know what??? it never gets boring....

And I've watch the France game...but funny....the tape always stops after the Suker goal that made it 1-0...don't know how that happens....:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ero & JureM... I know how you feel. No matter how many times I watch Portugal's thrilling comeback vs England from Euro 2000, it never gets boring.

Hey JureM you have to make sure the tape stops quickly. My best bud, a Croat, and I still wonder how the game would have gone if France didn't score so quickly after Croatia made it 1-0.

·
Registered
983 Posts
JureM said:
And I've watch the France game...but funny....the tape always stops after the Suker goal that made it 1-0...don't know how that happens....:D
Hmmm thats weird cause that happens to me too :tongue:

Must be something with the video player i would imagine :D

·
©
7,230 Posts
I just remember jumping up and down like a budala and then by the time I started watching the game again it was just at the moment when France scored. :(

But whenever I watch the replay that same thing happens to me aswell. I guess we watch it up to the 46th minute and the French watch it from the 46th minute.:D

I know all the commentary on the Croatia - Germany game I have watched it that many times!:)

MAN!! Didn't even notice I have 400 posts!!:cool:

400 posts of pure crap!!:D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Who won in the Germany-game the 100th time?;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i know it's only a freindly, but it doesnt do the italians' confidence a world of good by losing this match. The fact that they didnt score either must be worrying. This is good for us aswell as for ecuador (my tip as runner up).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts