Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Czar,
as you seem to be very knowledgble about argentine footie.
can you tell me how are Rosario are playing at the moment? Cause my COrinthians wil play them tonight......I saw in the line up Canals (uruguyan) and Pizzi (spain play for them. I think Pizzi is crap, but Canals good. Are they playing any good lately?

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I know, it's a big game tonight!!

Central, are playing fairly well. They seemed stronger last season (Apertura 1999) but regardless, they have a competitive squad. I have actually been to the stadium in Rosario (El Gigante de Arroyito) about ten times, and have watched some great games there. It is not the easiest place for an away team to visit. The fans are tough! I agree with your point regarding Pizzi, although I don't admire him as a player, he has been scoring. This season(Clausura 2000) he has scored 6 goals in 10 games.

Watch out for certain players such as Ezequeil Gonzalez, Rafael Maceratesi and Diego Latorre (I don't know if he'll start) Canals, is playing quite well. Above, anything Central is known for a tough fighting spirit.

Corinthians, is a strong team with some fantastic players, so hopefully it will be one of those memorable Copa de Libertadores games with end to end action.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks czar,by the way , isee your new here, come and post something in the brazilian forum aswell :)
Remember taht we meet in July, than we will have a good discussion...but of course stay everything on friendly terms :)
din't know Latorre was their.......in 91 i thought he was gonna be the big thing...but he was a flop I guess! :(

Who do you think wil take the libertadores?
I think COrinthians..i'm trying not to be biased. BUt Rosario have to come today at us, casue if they don't will kill them in Pacaembu. We are scoring more than 4 goals in almost every game :)
OHO OH TODO PODEROSO TIMAO!! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I can't wait for the match in July. Argentina vs Brazil, is one of the hottest rivalries :) This ofcourse, will have much more value, as we are now looking to collect points.

The advantage is that you are playing the first game in Brazil. The past several games have been interesting and the margin of difference is almost non-existent.

Apr,98 Bra 0-1 Arg Maracana
Jul,99 Bra 2-1 Arg Copa America-Paraguay
Sept,99 Bra 0-2 Arg Buenos Aires
Sept,99 Bra 4-2 Arg Porto Alegre
Jul,00 Bra 0-3 Arg Just kidding ;)

Both teams are both world super powers in the beautiful game of futbol. At least I am confident that we will both qualifiy for the WC in 2002.

[This message has been edited by czar (edited 04-05-2000).]

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Czar,
I'm looking forward to it aswell. Actually the only defeat taht I accept in this qualifiying is agasint you guys in Monumental del Nunez, cause if we lose in Morumbi I think Luxemburgo should then be sacked, and go home with all his politics crap!
Remmeber before the 1x0 in the maracana (the game was AWFUL but we played better!!) all the results were 2x2. Actually the results always repeat itself..we win one then the other game you guys win.
Also have you noticed in the u-21 level, if one wins the south american qualifiying the other wins the WC.....like in 93/95 and 97!
Also you forgot to put in you statistics that win we had 1x0 in the MOnumental del Nunez.....Donizete scoring a goal :)

Argentina, the game yesterday it was like a victory for us.....we were osing 3x0 and to come back 3x2, put another 10m inutes and we would have made it 4x3 :) :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
421 Posts
ZA DA FEIL
we will crash u to the ground ,hahaha
in ur home and in our home
twice ,,hahahahah
and maybe we will crash u three times
(don't ask me how :) )
see u soon

J

·
0 Posts
well zela da fel ..i think u forgot too the great victory when argentina dominated brazil 1-0 in ur court the maracana ...when lopez scored the goal
why we always forget the bad moments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Can any one tell me how well did ezequiel Gonzalez played in this match.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Argentina,
thanks for your kind understanding :)
To almeyda and the "joradanian guy" (note he is NOT and argentianian) , I can only tell that I cannot respect a team that cannot even qualify for the olympics :) :) :)
CHILE KNOCKED YOU GUYS OUT...note: CHILE...if you can't beat CHILE who will you beat? :) :) :)
But once again, let's have this discussion in JULY...that's when the nerves come to the head...and that's when we probably get our beloved yellow shirts playing well, and with a decent call up ,,,done by our arrogant manager Luxemburgo. :)
I admit..you guys now are playing better tahn us....and your manager seems to be calling the best players....and our is NOT :( but hopefully that will change :)
JULY IN MORUMBI A BATTLE WILL OCCUR!!! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
421 Posts
za da feil
ur COACH DON NOT calling the best players....
CUASE YOU DON'T HAVE BEST PLAYERS IN BRAZIL
THEY ALL NORMAL
,HAHAHAHA
:) :) :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they are normal only to blind people like you almeyda :) :) :) :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts