Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the new Dinamo Moscow shirt today on footballshirtculture and i noticed, that Sytchev`s name was on his back in cyrillic letters.

As this is our national form of writing, I was wondering, why we have latin letters on your national team and club shirts?

Also Tunisia might use arabic or chinese mandarin.

Do you know if it obligatory to use latin?

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
I saw the new Dinamo Moscow shirt today on footballshirtculture and i noticed, that Sytchev`s name was on his back in cyrillic letters.

As this is our national form of writing, I was wondering, why we have latin letters on your national team and club shirts?

in league play russian and greeks use their alphabets but when it comes to european action they must switch to latin

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
It is obligatory to use the Roman script when playing international matches. Thus all national teams have their names written in the Roman alphabet, and all clubs when playing in the Champions' League and so on. Olympiakos has Greek shirt names for the Greek league, but Roman ones for the CL.

We use the Roman script since it is also a script used for the Serbian language - it's our script too. Of course we could use Cyrillic, but I guess it's a hold-over from the old Yugoslavia days. I don't see a point in switching to Cyrillic now, we've never had Cyrillic shirt names, plus we'd still have to write out all the foreign players' names in Roman, so I don't see the point really. We can all read Serbian written with the Roman alphabet...

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
just because they prefer latin over cyrllic doesnt mean they dont know it.
i prefer latin over cyrillic as well, but doesnt mean i cannot read it.
All my friends here are the same.

dont go around telling ppl what Serbs like/dont like
when u dont have a clue what u are talking about

·
Registered
6,281 Posts

I'd like to see cirilica on our shirts, at least, for domestic competition.

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
4,315 Posts
What a great idea. :thumbsup:

Cyrillic letters on our shirts would kick ass.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
So are we gonna write Жука, Кастиљо, etc.? What if the name has 'w'? Or a 'th'? C'mon don't be silly :D

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I think it would be cool, but impractical. In international matches, nobody would understand. Although this could serve as a positive as we could write some foul shit on the back of them, instead of the names :tongue:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
So are we gonna write Жука, Кастиљо, etc.? What if the name has 'w'? Or a 'th'? C'mon don't be silly :D

Im not being silly ;) just saying the Russians do that with foreign names too (Like Жо:)) so we wouldn't have to use Latin for them.

I'd like to keep it in Latin anyway.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Is there a reason why my stuff is being edited? Did I offend you by stating that some Serbs cant read Cyrillic? How is that offensive girls?
Your stupid posts are annoying but also amusing in a way so it cant be that, Ill break it to you: its your avatar that bothers us. Were you not kindly asked to remove it before by XT admins? Fortunately, our board has capable FM's who act appropriately, degrading women is not allowed here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Is there a reason why my stuff is being edited? Did I offend you by stating that some Serbs cant read Cyrillic? How is that offensive girls?
Is there a reason you still come on our boards?

Oh I think its the other way around YOU can't read Cycrillic.

Dosadan si kao proliv...

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Licki Macak aka Crne Grede is a troll :tongue: he even came here pretending to be a Serb ;) He keeps coming back, apparently he just has the hots for us. But nothing (the) Sarma Police cant handle :boxing:

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Licki Macak aka Crne Grede is a troll :tongue: he even came here pretending to be a Serb ;) He keeps coming back, apparently he just has the hots for us. But nothing (the) Sarma Police cant handle :boxing:
:howler::howler: Pathetic

·
Registered
5,372 Posts

не сери будало

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts