Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone else paying attention to this “tournament”? We play Belarus on the 28th and either Finland or Kazakhstan on the first. Anything less than a win against any of these teams in unacceptable IMO… (Specifically Belarus and Kazakhstan). But then again the way we have been playing I wouldent be surprised if we LOST…

Rehagles Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Antonios Nikopolidis (Olympiacos CFP)
Stefanos Kotsolis (Larissa FC)
Konstantinos Halkias (Real Murcia CF)

Defenders:
Sotirios Kyrgiakos (Rangers FC)
Panagiotis Fyssas (Heart of Midlothian FC)
Georgios Seitaridis (FC Dinamo Moskva)
Loukas Vintra (Panathinaikos FC)
Georgios Anatolakis (Olympiacos CFP)
Mihalis Kapsis (Olympiacos CFP)

Traianos Dellas (AEK Athens FC)

Midfielders:
Konstantinos Katsouranis (AEK Athens FC)
Theodoros Zagorakis (PAOK FC)
Paraskevas Antzas (Skoda Xanthi FC)
Angelos Basinas (RCD Mallorca)
Stylianos Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers FC)
Georgios Karagounis (SL Benfica)
Panagiotis Lagos (Iraklis FC)

Forwards:
Angelos Charisteas (AFC Ajax)
Ioannis Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Georgios Samaras (Manchester City FC)
Dimitrios Papadopoulos (Panathinaikos FC)
Dimitrios Salpingidis (PAOK FC)
Theofanis Gekas (Panathinaikos FC)
Evangelos Mantzios (Panathinaikos FC)

*Players in BOLD are players that i think are questionable call-ups and should probably NOT be there...
**Dellas asked to be subbed today and limped off the pitch. Possibly injury...

Just for fun hers my lineup against Belarus (based somewhat on preformance for the NT and in their league) [4-4-2]:
----------------------Nickopolidis
----------------Dellas*-------Kyrgiakos
---Seitaridis--------------------------------Fyssas
----------------Basinas**------Zagorakis
--Giannakopoulos-----------------------------Lagos
---------------Amanatidis***
----------------------------Samaras****

*He may be hurt, if he is then I would play either Katsouranis or Antzas there.
**Don’t know how he’s doing at Malorca. Would probably place Katsou there, who ever it is though it doesn’t really matter.
***Salpagidis, or Pappadopoulos could also play there.
****He remindes me allot of Charisteas during his good years at Aris and W. Bremen. If not Samaras i would play Charisteas there anyway.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The usual crap from Rehhagel.

However, I'd stick to 4-3-3.

Nikopolidis

Giourkas - Katsouranis - Kyrgiakos - Fyssas

Karagounis - Basinas - Zagorakis

Salpiggidis - Samaras - Giannakopoulos

There is no point in even thinking that Basinas or Zagorakis won't play so I might as well put them in the line up.

I don't think we'll win. But even if we do, it'll probably be with crap performances...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are probably right about that, but Rehagle did play Lagos (and tried out a few other players) in our 2 friendlies against Saudi Arabia and South Korea. Anyway I’m really not expecting much from the team, despite the fact that we are possibly playing two (on paper) inferior teams...

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Good luck with your games.Would like to see you play against us in the final.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The starting lineup: Νικοπολίδης, Σεϊταρίδης, Φύσσας, Ανατολάκης, Καψής, Κατσουράνης, Ζαγοράκης, Καραγκούνης, Σαμαράς, Σαλπιγγίδης, Χαριστέας.

HT already ended and Samaras scored on his debute. On a side note Anatolakis and Kapsis are our two CB's...

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
We are winning 1-0 in the halftime!
Samaras scored in his debut!Lucky goal but he is the best player in the pitch imo.
I think that we will win with the classic 1-0.
If we win we play Kazhakstan tomorrow.They just won Finland in penalty shootout. :eekani:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently almost everyone hit either the post our the bar this game... Anatolakis also played well?!?!?!?!? Then again it is Belarus...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well, that's hardly Samaras' fault. It's sad that we can't score more goals against Belarus though...

Rehhagel has to be joking about the defence. Anatolakis and Kapsis? Why not use the younger ones like Kyrgiakos and Antzas (and call up Tavlaridis for god's sake!).

Up front it was Charisteas on top with Samaras on the left and Salpiggidis on the right.

When Giannakopoulos came in, Rehhagel used him as a CENTRAL attacking midfielder. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Quite sad we cant score more than 1 goal against them. As of now there is absolutely no reason that Samaras isnt a starter for this team.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
We beat Kazhakstan as well, 2-0 with Samaras (again) and Giannakopoulos getting the goals in the second half.

Line ups, first half:

Kotsolis

Seitaridis - Goumas - Kyrgiakos - Fyssas

Zagorakis - Basinas - Karagounis

Salpiggidis - Charisteas - Amanatidis

Subs:

Chalkias for Kotsolis 46'
Giannakopoulos for Karagounis 46'
Papadopoulos for Salpiggidis 46'
Samaras for Amanatidis 46'
Mantzios for Charisteas 46'
Vyntra for Zagorakis 65'

Goals are here: http://www.sport.gr/news/060301/football_grekaz3.asp

Samaras goal is cool, very sweet touch. :cool:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Really? Hehe, the Skopjans of XT will probably be throwing their toys out of their collective pram right now. If we're Evil People #1, the Bulgarians are Evil People #2. ;)

I didn't know they were in the Cyprus tournament though.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Really? Hehe, the Skopjans of XT will probably be throwing their toys out of their collective pram right now. If we're Evil People #1, the Bulgarians are Evil People #2. ;)

I didn't know they were in the Cyprus tournament though.
They don't ... I dont think they ever will :)

It was just a good ol friendly match between fellow countrymen :howler:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think we play Romania now for the "championship"? Anyone else find it disturbing that Chalkias actually got a chance...

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
2 games 2 goals for Samaras.... not bad... ;) And this time his goal was very nice.

I missed the first half but watched the second, apparently we were all over them and Charisteas missed many chances.... in the 2nd half we were decent, but we just look so bad going in the attack. Hopefully these newer players like Samaras and Lagos and Amanatidis can give the team that little lift they need.

I still don't understand why players like Vyntra and Papadopoulos are in the team. Not to mention Chalkias. (why has Otto stopped picking Sifaki?)

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Where does Chalkias play nowadays? Wasn't he released from his duties as clown in Portsmouth?
He plays for Real Murcia (Spain second division).
But he Rehagel picked him instead of Sifakis?
Sifakis is in-form right now and he will definitely be the next goalkeeper of or NT. :googly:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The fact that he let him PLAY is quite a downer... I mean christ hes now playing in the second division (spain) god dammit, after making a joke of himself in England...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts