Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Darth Maul
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Curtis has left Old Trafford and joined Lancashire neighbours Blackburn after spending nearly four years at the club he joined as a trainee.
Curtis, who will cost Rovers £1.5million after signing a four-year contract, is also Graeme Souness’ first signing since he took over at Ewood Park.

The 22-year-old defender has found it difficult to break into the United first team after making just 19 appearances. He has spent the last six months on loan at play-off finalist’s Barnsley where he played 29 times.

Souness pounced to sign the former England Under 21 international after Barnsley failed to gain promotion to the Premiership following their 4-2 defeat to Ipswich at Wembley.

On completing the signing, Souness said: “He's a boy that we feel can only get better" "He's only a young man, but it is an area that we feel we needed to strengthen and I’m very happy about it."

"I think he's someone who is only going to get better, he's shown that he can handle the first division and we feel in our team he'll do well."

Souness will introduce his new signing to the rest of the squad at the clubs Brockhall Training Ground next Monday.

------------------
Glory Glory MAN UTD
My MUFC Site : www.www.manutd.4ever.cc
My E-Mail : [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts