Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Firstly - Liverpool are our biggest rivals, but I also respect them hugely for their past achievements.

1. Who is currently the better team?

We are. Biased? Maybe, but I don't think so. We had a difficult start in the league. Injuries, coupled with poor form from some key players. But we strolled through our Champions League group playing quality football.

We're now starting to hit the form that we should be capable of with the players we have. 7 wins in a row and 1 defeat in 27 games (feckin Pompey!).

Rooney is on fire. Scholes is hitting the form that shows he's a truly world class player and Ruud has scored 7 goals in 4 games.

We've played better football recently than we have done in years with the introduction of our new 4-3-3 formation.

Not to mention the league positions. We're flying and have moved up to 4th, just 4pts behind Arsenal. And we've already played Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. You're 7th and a point ahead of Bolton.

2. Who has the better future?

We have money, Liverpool are skint. We'll be flexing our financial muscles again in the summer. We also have Ronaldo, Rooney, Smith, Saha, Ferdinand, Fletcher all under 26. And youth players coming through with very promising futures like Pique, Spector, Jones, Eagles and Blake.

Liverpool are going to sell their best player in the summer.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
1. ManUre play better as a team but individually Liverpool are better IMO.
2. Liverpool have a better future then that bunch of has-bins :D

Will post more comprehensive views once other people have posted

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I think Manchester United in both instances. Currently they are a better side than Liverpool, though if Liverpool didn't have so many injuries it would be closer. As far as the future is concerned, Ferguson has picked up some youngsters from abroad ala Fabregas and Lupoli. Pique and Rossi ae fantastic youngsters. I don't have much knowledge of Liverpool's young guns, but I would say that Man U are poised for the better future, as they also have lots of money to spend.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
1. Who is currently the better team?

This is easy, as United are simply on fire at the moment. But even putting aside the current season, Man United have dominated Liverpool over the past ten years. Like someone mentioned Fergie saying, "United knocked Liverpool off their f*cking perch." Besides a Mickey Mouse treble, Liverpool have done nothing since the formation of the Premiership.

Not that I don't respect their past achievments, of which make them a historically better team than United, but they currently cannot keep up with United.

2. Who has the better future?

Yet again, something I consider a fairly easy question. While Liverpool have made short strides foward financially, keep in mind they will be absolutely broke while they try to refinance their new stadium. After they get that payed off and get the added finance, perhaps they'll be able to compete, but until then, they'll struggle. United have the stadium and the money to remain a stronghold.

To be honest, I think this is a bit of an easy question to anyone other than a Liverpool fan. Perhaps a more logical comparison would be United with Arsenal?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Yes for pretty much the points mentioned above United x2.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Unfortunately United are the better team, however both have pretty bleak futures IMO when you consider their current youth players.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Now a completly non bias point of view, I love both clubs and they are no doubt the two biggest teams in the English league. So which one's better?

Both more or less equal, here are the strangths and weaknesses in my opinion:

Dudek

Carragher
Heinze
Neville

C.Ronaldo
S.Gerrard
X.Alonso
H.Kewell

Luis Garcia

R.Van Nistelrooy
M.Baros

That is my ultimate team, 7 Liverpool players and 4 Man Utd players, so man for man Liverpool are the better side. Currently Man Utd play better football thanks to Alex Ferguson introducing the 4-3-3 formation.

Who has the better future? They both do just as long as Liverpool keep players like John Welsh and all the others that played against Tottenham and Man Utd keep players like Kieron Richardson.

I just hope they both get their acts together...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Firenze said:
Now a completly non bias point of view, I love both clubs and they are no doubt the two biggest teams in the English league. So which one's better?

Both more or less equal, here are the strangths and weaknesses in my opinion:

Dudek

Carragher
Heinze
Neville

C.Ronaldo
S.Gerrard
X.Alonso
H.Kewell

Luis Garcia

R.Van Nistelrooy
M.Baros

That is my ultimate team, 7 Liverpool players and 4 Man Utd players, so man for man Liverpool are the better side. Currently Man Utd play better football thanks to Alex Ferguson introducing the 4-3-3 formation.

Who has the better future? They both do just as long as Liverpool keep players like John Welsh and all the others that played against Tottenham and Man Utd keep players like Kieron Richardson.

I just hope they both get their acts together...

:nono:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Better team:

Carroll
Neville
Ferdinand
Carragher
Heinze
Gerrard
Scholes
Alonso
Ronaldo
Garcia
v.Nistelrooy

7 Man Utd players; 4 Liverpool players

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Pfft...In all honesty, I'd have two of their players.....Grudgingly.

----------Carroll-------------

Gaz----Rio----Silvestre---Heinze

-----Scholes-Gerrard-Alonso----

Ronaldo-------------------Rooney

-------------Ruud-------------

Garcia's a big fairy....A big rubbish fairy. ;)

Now, if it was Everton or Middlesbrough - you know, contenders for the Champions League spots - then there might be a few more.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
definitely not kewell.not on current form at least. i love the guy but he's not up to par. niether is garcia.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Firenze has got the right idea, not biased neither, unlike some blind mancs who think Silvestre and Neville can play football :finger: :ass:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Omg this is such an easy question. It's all Liverpool. Have you lot forgotten the almighty Neil Mellor? :stuckup: :hopefull:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Would you say no to kirkland, a keeper who could last you a decade, plus Xabi Alonso, who is a decent centre-midfielder and only 22, who is much better than Fletcher, Djumbo-Djumbo, Kleberson and the other jokers?

~ The Green ;)ne

·
International
9,526 Posts
probably, yeah;) actually, Kirkland would be worth a look. But Gerrard is the answer for us really in Midfield. But its not going to happen. I don't know who will replace Keano, but it ain't going to be Alonso any more than it will be fletcher (at this stage, anway).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts