Xtratime Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In this topic I thought we should have a fresh list of our current squad. Just to give us an idea on what we have... Please not that this is RIGHT NOW, not what you expect will happen. So only DONE deals will influence this list. I use the CM style for describing the players. :)

GK = Goalkeeper
SW = Sweeper
D = Defender
DM = Defensive Midfielder
M = Midfielder
AM = Attacking Midfielder
F = Forward
S = Striker
L = Left
R = Right
C = Central

Goalkeepers:
Frey, GK
Taffarel, GK
De Lucia, GK

Defenders:
F. Cannavaro, DC
P. Cannavaro, DC
Djetou, D/DMC
Bonera, DRC
Ferrari, SW/DC
Siviglia, DRLC
Diana, D/DMR
Gresko, D/DML
Falsini, DL

Midfielders:
Lamouchi, MC
Matuzalem, MC
Appiah, DMC
Bresciano, MRLC
Marchionni, AMR
Micoud, AMLC
Nakata, AMC
Junior, D/ML

Attackers:
Di Vaio, SC
Adriano, SC
Sukur, FC
Bonazzoli, SC
Gilardino, SC

One interesting thing I'm sure most of us have forgotten about is that Micoud is still there.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I think there are still many transfers to be done. The WC is just over and there are still a few weeks until the season starts.

Players like Almeyda and Torrisi won't play in Parma next season. I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why we have this topic, enola... ;) To keep us updated. :)

BTW, I consider Almeyda to be an Inter player already.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Djetou, oops... :eek: I've added him now.

Boghossian is gone though as his contract has expired.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought Maggio would stay on loan at Vicenza for another year. And we won't play wing backs this season, Willem. We play full backs. :)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Do you really think we will play the 4-4-2 system, i think the 3-4-1-2 would be more competible, i mean we have the right players for that:

Frey
F.Cannavaro-Ferrari-Bonera
Diana-Appiah-Lamouchi-Junior
Nakata
Adriano-Di Vaio

The 4-4-2 would look like this then:

frey
Diana-F.Cannavaro-Ferrari-Falsini
Marchionni-Appiah-Lamouchi-Junior
Adriano-Di Vaio

Btw i would be happy if both Nakata and Micoud will stay, the are perfectly fine players and never really underachieved...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Willem. We WILL without a doubt play 4-4-2. We even played 4-4-2 in the closing friendlies and the management said that it was done because that's how we would play next year with Prandelli.

The big problem is to find a place for Nakata in a 4 man midfield. Someone said that Prandelli had experimented with 4-2-3-1 as well so maybe that's an option...

I say sell Di Vaio and buy Mutu and ship Cannavaro to Barca for money and Rochemback. Then play like this:

____________Adriano

__Mutu______Nakata_____Marchionni

_____Lamouchi___Rochemback

_Junior___Bonera__Ferrari____Diana

______________Frey

:cool:

·
Registered
270 Posts
How about Paolo Cannavaro? I thought he was on loan for Verona last season? Has he got the talent to become a player comparable to his brother? Or in other words: is he any good for Napoli? :D

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
That might be right, but we can at least keep on of Di Vaio or F.Cannavaro right?

I hope Cannavaro cuz he deserves a bigger club with more short-time ambitions...

Ánd Fraser P.Cannavaro is a talented player, he had a very solid season with Verona and was a starter, i guess he can become as good if not better than his big brother, it's only a matter of time...:)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I no longer want Fabio to stay. We don't have any ambition. Sometimes I feel really bad about Parma. It's such a joy when we do well and now I have to live without that in the foreseeable future. That just sucks. :depress: Right now even Bologna and Chievo seems to have higher ambitions than we. :mad:

I just read that if we sell Di Vaio we will sell Appiah to Chievo in exchange for Marazzina, who would replace Di Vaio. It's not that I think Marazinna is a bad player or anything. No, my main doubt about this is "If we sell Di Vaio for God knows how many million dollars, how the HELL can't we afford Marazzina without giving away one of our best talents?" :groan:

Supporting a small club such as Parma I knew this day would come, but I didn't expect it to come so quickly.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Marten, you must one of the most easyly stressed people i have ever talked too, c'mon this is bullcrapp, so far we havn't sold anyone important yet, we only singed players...

In:
Adriano
Bonera
Gresko
Siviglia
Maggio
Gilardino
Matuzalem

Out:
Almeyda
Sartor

Wadda'ya want more? i'll be happy if the team stays as it is right now anyway, but ok Fabio.C can leave... and i don't want any other player...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tell you what I don't like. That Sacchi, Tanzi & Baraldi boast about them signing Adriano when it's in practice is just a simple loan deal. I mean, what's that all about? :confused:

I just want to be able to enjoy the Serie A season. That really means a lot to me.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Well listening to TalkSport Radio this morning, I heard something which was mighty confusing. On the news, they were talking about Martin O'Neil (Celtic coach) being linked with the Leeds United job, but Italian club Parma are also interested. So do we or don't we already have Prandelli?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, the false rumour is about O'Leary, not O'Neill. :) Prandelli is all but official anyway and to be honest I don't think we could attract O'Leary who have a really good reputation. He refused to work with Leeds if they sold Ferdinand so why would he come to Parma where we ALWAYS sell our best players? :(

Damn, this is so humiliating... :depress:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Yes, you were right, it was O'Leary, but Parma have confirmed that Prandelli is our coach, & we are not looking at anyone else. An Italian journo came on earlier & said that is a story fabricated by the coaches agent:D

You must remember that alot of people don't care about the leagues out with their own, & Parma could still be viewed as the Cup Winners Cup & UEFA Cup team;)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I guess... It's only just over 3 years ago since that beautiful night in Moscow. :proud:

Actually we've got more success in Europe than Lazio, Fiorentina and Roma together! :cool: I think about that when things feel bad. :)

Can we just keep players like Frey, Lamouchi and Di Vaio and get something from our youngsters maybe we could surprise a lot of people. But I guess that would only lead to more sales... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts