Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to get sick of this. Ok, we are down 2-1 and he puts in Conceicao which is fairly an understandable choice. Conceicao worked pretty good on the left side :eek: and him and Recoba were delivering the ball to Vieri pretty well.. the effort was there without a doubt. So, his first sub was just great.

Simic goes down and is injured, he is unable to play for the rest of the game. Cuper puts in Guly? what is that? First of all, Guly is a disgrace to the Nerrazurra jersey. and not only that, Guly played in defense or what? has Cuper gone insane? I am starting to lose patience with this guy when it comes to Guly. :mad:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Patrick Guly played as left defender when he substituted Simic.

He was the only defensive player we had in bench, if not we would play with a Primavera players as Serena, Gresko, Padalino and Sorondo are all injured.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
We were down with 2-1. Then I would have preferred seeing a midfielder or even striker replace Simic. Anyone but Guly. We could have just as well switched to a back three which was what we basically played anyway at the end of the match and played with a more offensive minded player than Guly with a lot more skills, for an example Ventola or even Ronaldo. I belive that Okan was on the bench as well,and he could have been the player we needed.

This Guly obsession has lasted for the whole season,and I have no explanation for it to be honest. Some say it´s because of his nationality,but I doubt it. Cuper is more professional than that,plus that Vivas would have been a starter in that case too.
I guess Cuper wanna reward Guly´s hard work on trainings and stuff like that and therefore feel obligaged to use him on matches. Guly just seems lost out there and he seems to be an enormous outcast in our team too. The players look amazed everytime he makes a mistake and just shake their head and Guly looks really shy and not particulary bothered. I can´t believe this is the same player as I once thought was one of the better wingers in Serie A. I´m truely amazed how bad he has become.

But Cuper still uses him... :confused:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I for one seem to think it's the nationality thing. I'd rather see Ronaldo play as left back then Guly, Guly was not even on his position during the game.. we're lucky we were attacking and Atalanta had very few counter attacks after he came back or we could have been trashed 4-1. :mad:

Oh yeah, Vivas thing is not true at all. Javier Zanetti is also an argentinian, so argentinian for argentinian doesn't make any sense eh? ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
if it's all about nationality thing, why cuper doesn't buy more GREAT argentine players, instead we got probably the worst argentine player in GULY?? :eek::rolleyes:

we need quality players, not a crap player like GULY...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
You needed someone to play left back and Guly was the only option available as he is left footed and can defend. Who else could he put since you had no defender on the bench?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah i cant seem to come to the fact that guly should be playing at all.

i mean, its obvisous that he gives Cuper sexual pleasures before each game. why else would cuper play him????????;)

its obvisous that left postion can only be taken by Dalmat, Conceicao and recoba.

and if the left back is injured like simic was, J zanetti should go there and maybe conceiaco take the right side. there are heaps of options for cuper....but guly shouldnt be considered.

btw, you have Padalino???? LOLOLOLOL.....i thought juve only had spastics like birindelli etc....but inter does to. thanks for making me feel better.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
You needed someone to play left back and Guly was the only option available as he is left footed and can defend. Who else could he put since you had no defender on the bench?
Like I said in my reply. We were down with 2-1 and could have taken a chance of playing with a more offensive minded player instead of Guly and dropping the left back position. We could have inserted Okan or someone like that and played with a back three like we were pretty much playing with anyway.

And Guly can defend? :howler: I guess you didn´t see when the Atalanta player just dribbled past Guly who was standing still on the pitch doing nothing. And Guly isn´t even left footed. He´s right footed,you know. ;)

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
to question guly being playing in other games i understand but not on this one.

you say put in one of the more offensive players,were would u found room for that wen u have vieri,kallon,recoba and onceicao?

and dropping to 3 backs would be worse sens atalanta counter attacked and did long balls in ur left side in the last 20 minutes all the time.even though he didnt do a good job there he was the only one who was qualified for that position in the bench.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Okay,let´s say this then. Guly´s original position is actually right winger. That´s so different from a left back position as you can get. We were also down with 2-1 and had nothing to lose. If we had equalized we would have got one point and then could have played more defensively or even push a little for the win. If Atalanta would have scored it would have been 3-1. Then we get away with just as many points as we did anyway - 0

Simic got injured and this is what we could have done.

Before he was injured we played like this:

Code:
               Toldo

Zanetti    Cordoba   Materazzi   Simic

Kallon     Di Biagio   Cristiano   Conceiçao

Vieri       Recoba
Then we switched and played Kallon on top,Conceiçao right wing and Recoba left wing. We didn´t do any formation changes.

We could have gambled a little and instead of inserting Guly who does more harm than good,we could have for an example played Okan instead. Okan has both defensive and offensive qualities.

Code:
               Toldo

Zanetti    Materazzi  Cordoba 

Okan     Di Biagio   Cristiano   Conceiçao

Recoba         

Vieri       Kallon
This is pure gambling and it´s defensively crappy, but we were down with one goal and was desperate for scoring a goal. Personally I think it was a bad idea of Cuper to switch Seedorf with Kallon. I would have preferred Ventola who is on better form and more effective. But Kallon is pure class too,if he´s on the mood.

This lineup sucks if it would have been from the start of the match or anything like that,but not when we are down by one goal and need to score one goal. Then we should go for it and not be so coward and replace a defender with a complete useless player that is neither defensively good nor offensively good.

PS. Excuse the code lineups,since it´s Xtratime that have problems with them. :sigh:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
And I just got another idea of a potential formation we could have used instead of Guly.

Cordoba can play as a fullback,although he doesn´t like it. But he could have replaced Simic as the left back. Then we actually have a midfielder that has played as a central defender for us this season in a couple of matches - Di Biagio.

So we could once again show that we could gamble a little and put on the most pathetic lineup defensively,but atleast we would have tried everything in order to score a goal. Just be open minded with this lineup now and consider that we were down with one goal and had nothing to lose. ;)

We replace Simic with Ventola!

Code:
                Toldo

Zanetti  Di Biagio  Materazzi  Cordoba 

Conceiçao      Cristiano       Recoba 

Kallon         

Vieri       Ventola
There we still have the back four and with lots of offensive players as well that could be a threat for the Atalanta defenders. Kallon always plays a bit behind the strikers anyway,and Recoba has practiced playing as a left winger and he did that at the end of the match too.

A dangerous lineup; yes
A potential equalising lineup; perhaps

Now this would have probably been the lineup I would field in the last 10 minutes or so when Simic got injured. :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Trade Guly with Kily!:D Two argentinians that play in the same position as left midfielder.....but so different in quality. At this moment Guly realy sucks:devil:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Materazzi said:
Trade Guly with Kily!:D Two argentinians that play in the same position as left midfielder.....but so different in quality. At this moment Guly realy sucks:devil:
Guly for Kily??? :eek: i'd do that in a heartbeat.. :D:D:D probably Guly+$$$ for Kily...or even throw in a player who we don't need (farinos???)...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Materazzi said:
Actually Cuper and Moratti are preparing a switch Farinos-Kily;)
i hope so... ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts