Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by Patricio Figueroa - created on 19 Jan 2005

Hector Cuper insists he is being used as an excuse by Ronaldo for the Brazilian's exit from Internazionale in 2002.

Ronaldo has repeatedly claimed that a clash of personalities with Cuper was a prime factor in his decision to leave Inter for Real Madrid.

Cuper was in charge of the Nerazzurri for just over two years but feels he is being used as a scapegoat by Ronaldo.

The Argentine tactician feels the ace hot shot has improved since he joined Real but is disappointed that he has been forwarded as the reason behind Ronaldo's switch to Spain.

"I said to his face that he didn't want to continue, that I didn't believe in his work, that he was not being correct with me," Cuper told Radio Marca.
"Then one day, Ronaldo decided to leave and he used me for an excuse.

"I have always said that I don't have any problems with Ronaldo but, as everyone can see, he is a very different player today than what he was when I had to work with him three seasons ago.
"He is not the same player today, he is better."

Cuper is now in charge of Mallorca in La Liga and will meet Ronaldo this weekend when the Islanders travel to El Santiago Bernabeu.

The former Valencia chief bears no grudges against his fellow South American but is baffled why Ronaldo has taken issue with him.

He reiterated: "I don't have any problems with him.

"He has a problem because I never knew what his problem with me was while we were both at Inter.

"Sometimes he wanted to attack me by saying that I didn't want him to play football anymore so I don't know what his problem is."

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope Mallorca piss on Madrid and that Cuper has the last laugh. It is amazing that such animosity/discontent still exists between them given that so much time has passed since they were at Inter.

·
Registered
45,477 Posts
Didn't Cuper say that from the start. It's not as if we couldn't have guessed anyway. You guys remember when he said everyone hated Cuper and Emre and Okan would back him up? The fact he tried to drop those two in it and not give a f**k about what happened to them at Inter after he left shows the type of person he is. Emre and Okan had to officially deny this on the website. Whether they really felt that way (doubt it) or not is irrelevant - Ronaldo's action of getting the two in trouble shows that he just ain't such a great person after all.

To me, that was worse than anything else he did. I don't even think that his departure is as bad as some make it out to be.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Handoyo said:
I still can't get that Cuper quote out of my mind. "Credo che Ronaldo mi ami." :dielaugh::howler:

Link to that interview
Another nuisance of the past few days is Ronaldo...
"I think Ronaldo loves me. When someone always talks about another person it means it's love."

It seems he wants to take Vieri to Madrid...
"I think he loves me."

i'm laughing my ass off :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts