Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cuper keen to extend Inter contract

Friday 5th July 2002

Hector Cuper put an end to speculation linking him with the Argentina job by claiming that he would be honoured to sign an extension to his contract with Internazionale.

"It makes me proud to hear that there is talk of Inter extending my contract," said the coach. "We will sit down and talk about a new deal as soon as I return to Milan."

Cuper was speaking after watching his side storm to a 13-0 pre-season friendly win over Bormiese and explained that he was relishing the challenge of trying to win the Scudetto next season after missing out in the spring on the last day of the season.

"This match shows that we are doing some good work," continued Cuper. "We had a lot of young players out there today and it was a very encouraging start to our preparations.

"At the moment I am busy trying to integrate all of the old and new players, but the motivation levels are high so it definitely bodes well.

"There's great enthusiasm and confidence. I don't want to talk too much about next season, but we're working hard to put a great team together."

Cuper was thought to be the top target for the Argentinian football federation following the departure of Marcelo Bielsa.

Bielsa was removed as coach after Argentina crashed out of the World Cup at the group stages, and the job offered to his former assistant Nestor Pekerman.

However, the former Argentina Under-20 coach has not yet accepted the job. Should he turn it down, former defender Oscar Ruggeri and former Boca Juniors coach Carlos Bianchi and Cuper would come into contention.

Cuper, however, insisted earlier in the week that he would not leave Inter in the lurch. "Quite apart from my professional and personal obligations to Inter, I must also respect the contract I have signed with the club," he said. "If I was fired, I would expect to be paid until the last day of my contract; I must also respect the deal."

onefootball
===================

i say give him the contract extension...damn, moratti...do something... :fero:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Sign him for 5 yrs........Any price necessary..........!!!
If moratti change coach again I would be pissed off and start sending hate letters.....;) :D :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts