Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
Joined
·
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cuper courted for Viola job? Wednesday 4 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports that Hector Cuper is set for a return to Italian football by taking over Serie B giants Fiorentina.

The club is bankrolled by businessman Diego Della Valle and despite a series of star signings during the January transfer window, they continue to float in a mid-table position.

Current tactician Alberto Cavasin was already under pressure to deliver results before Christmas and it is believed his time is running out.

Della Valle hopes to take the Viola back to the top levels after the bankruptcy of the side owned by Vittorio Cecchi Gori and an international Coach is his next step.

Cuper is available after he was fired by Inter on October 19 2003 and has reportedly already been contacted to take over at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

There are also claims in the Spanish press that the former Valencia boss is on a shortlist to replace Frank Rijkaard at Barcelona.

channel4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,219 Posts
I dont buy this report at all, Cuper said he wont Coach untill 2005, of course he would if he is offer a chance with a top team, not a SerieB Club!. I buy more the Barcelona rumours, anyway If he is signed that would free us from his huge contract, making the firing of Zac a more easier desicion
 

·
Fine Gentlemen
Joined
·
15,599 Posts
jack goff said:
I dont buy this report at all, Cuper said he wont Coach untill 2005, of course he would if he is offer a chance with a top team, not a SerieB Club!. I buy more the Barcelona rumours, anyway If he is signed that would free us from his huge contract, making the firing of Zac a more easier desicion
I have a feling Zac will be gone this summer...;) :tongue:
 

·
***** *******
Joined
·
6,645 Posts
Define "success". Very few active coaches have achived any real success (scudetto, coppa italia...).

There's no chance we'll get Fabio Capello, Marcello Lippi, Alberto Zaccheroni, Carlo Ancelotti and so on....

Or do you consider a coach who reached the UEFA cup as successful? Just curious.
 

·
XT Post Number King
Joined
·
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
17Michael said:
Thanks, but no thanks. I'd prefer someone who has had success in Italy.
like tardelli?? :D:tongue::D:howler:;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,522 Posts
Successful coaches for serie B could be coaches who won serie B many times. Well, most of them suck. :tongue:
Fascetti and Simoni: who are they training now? Watch the bottom of serie B table! :howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Success doesn't have to just be about trophies. Luigi Del Neri hasn't won the Coppa or Serie A, but who would doubt that his spell at Chievo has been successful? Now, I'm not saying we could get him, that's just an example. But I'd rather have someone who's proved themself in Italy, rather than a guy who had two very average years with Inter.
 

·
***** *******
Joined
·
6,645 Posts
17Michael said:
Success doesn't have to just be about trophies. Luigi Del Neri hasn't won the Coppa or Serie A, but who would doubt that his spell at Chievo has been successful? Now, I'm not saying we could get him, that's just an example. But I'd rather have someone who's proved themself in Italy, rather than a guy who had two very average years with Inter.

I hear ya, Mike. Btw, Del Neri would be great imo.
 

·
***** *******
Joined
·
6,645 Posts
Del Neri and Cosmi are two good options. Zeman, Guidolin and Terim would be terrible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,484 Posts
17Michael said:
Success doesn't have to just be about trophies. Luigi Del Neri hasn't won the Coppa or Serie A, but who would doubt that his spell at Chievo has been successful? Now, I'm not saying we could get him, that's just an example. But I'd rather have someone who's proved themself in Italy, rather than a guy who had two very average years with Inter.
I hate Cuper and his tactics, but his first year with Inter was very successful. Lost the scudetto on the last day of the season, very unlucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
the goog about cuper is that i can already see him leading us to the 6th spot...

i dont have to say the bad:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,827 Posts
Jonas said:
Del Neri and Cosmi are two good options. Zeman, Guidolin and Terim would be terrible.
I disagree with you saying Terim would be a terrible choice. In fact, i really think he is the coach we need now..he takes the best out of players.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top