Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
75 minute @ Vinter stadium, Hakoach and Maccabi Petah Tikva are still at a 0:0 deadlock. Petah Tikva should find the way to win but Hakoach have already eliminated A top league team this season, so who knows. :)

The other 3 matches: Hapoel Petah Tikva - Herzeliya, Ashkelon - Bnei Yehuda and tomorrow, Hapoel Haifa - Mac. Tel Aviv.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the game in Vinter goes into extratime after a goalless draw in 90 minutes.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Final result Maccabi Petah Tikva wins 1:0 thanks a goal by Ganon on 100 minutes. The goal was disputed apparently, it was unclear whether the ball passed the line or not but the referee approved the goal. So Maccabi Petah Tikva wins and is the first to get into the semi finals...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And there will be a team from Liga Artzit in the semi finals after Hapoel Ashkelon beat Bnei Yehuda 3:0 (!!!), not only a surprising loss but also a humiliating result. Goals by Carlos Chacana, Sharon Amar and Zion Cohen for Ashkelon.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Very shocking result...

Bnei Yehuda completely lost it....
It seems that these days, anyone has a chance in the State cup.....

im thinking Ashkelon might have celebrations soon if they be the next cinderella in israel!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hapoel Petah Tikva already had the ticket to the semis in their hand but a 2:0 lead (Shivchon and Jukan) was not enough because Herzeliya scored two goals at the 84th and 89th minutes to make it 2:2 and the game has entered extratime there.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And Herzeliya takes the lead :eek: 3:2! Isiako with a goal from the halfway point, another major upset on the way.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
And Herzeliya takes the lead :eek: 3:2! Isiako with a goal from the halfway point, another major upset on the way.

This maddness has got to end....

Yehuda is out....
Tikva is out..

Whats with these mini teams making it?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And Petah Tikva's cup run has come to an end by the hands of Maccabi Herzeliya. 3:2 was the final score and Freddie David, now coach of Herzeliya and at the beginning of the season incharge of Petah Tikva can celebrate a sweet revenge. ;)

So Herzeliya and Ashkelon make the semi finals. Wow, who would have thought?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Depending on the draw, if one of them face Maccabi Petah Tikva in the final match they will play in Uefa Cup next season.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
berko said:
Depending on the draw, if one of them face Maccabi Petah Tikva in the final match they will play in Uefa Cup next season.

What a waste!!!

I can't belive a player filled with amatures have the potential to represent Israel in UEFA, when they really don't have the suffcient cash to probably get to Nahriya from Kfar Shikma...let alone a place such as Cyprus...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kappa21 said:
What a waste!!!

I can't belive a player filled with amatures have the potential to represent Israel in UEFA, when they really don't have the suffcient cash to probably get to Nahriya from Kfar Shikma...let alone a place such as Cyprus...
I sadly have to agree, we have wasted many spots in the last few years, no offense to any fans of Hapoel Ramat Gan, Bnei Sachnin and even Maccabi Petah Tikva - They all blew it. But our football has been going downhill so they are the best we have to offer.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
so they are the best we have to offer.
Maybe not quite, some Ligat ha Al teams were eliminated because they faced other top teams, like Sc Ashdod and Beitar Jerusalem for example, sometimes the draw also helps, these smaller teams.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
berko said:
Maybe not quite, some Ligat ha Al teams were eliminated because they faced other top teams, like Sc Ashdod and Beitar Jerusalem for example, sometimes the draw also helps, these smaller teams.
True, but what I mean is something different. Let's say Hapoel Tel Aviv would've gotten into the UEFA Cup instead of Sachnin this season. Can anyone really say they would make a better run? They almost got relegated this season (actually they still can), so it would be unfair to name Hapoel Tel Aviv or any other big team that crashed just because they're 'bigger'. With that being said I have to agree a team like Beitar has better chances in Europe then Ashkelon.

BTW Speaking of Ashkelon they have a new owner, a 32 year old woman named Sharon Habazi. I believe it's the first woman-boss for a high football league team. :)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
BTW Speaking of Ashkelon they have a new owner, a 32 year old woman named Sharon Habazi. I believe it's the first woman-boss for a high football league team. :)
Yep it seems she is making results

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Discrace!!!!!!!!!!Efo a tzedek?

I would rather be managed by an Aravi!!!!! :nasty:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kinda sad way for Hapoel Haifa to end their cup run. A really freak goal in the final minute, and Strauss who was the hero only last week is to blame for this goal. But Haifa played some fantastic football. If they played so well in the league, they wouldn't be last now.

Anyone wants to take a guess for the semi final matches? I'll have one.

Maccabi Petah Tikva - Hapoel Ashkelon (Luzon will fix the easiest possible draw ;))

Maccabi Tel Aviv - Maccabi Herzeliya.

Cup final in that case will be a replay of a few years ago between the 2 Ligat Ha'Al teams IMO...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Raanan said:
Hapoel Petah Tikva already had the ticket to the semis in their hand but a 2:0 lead (Shivchon and Jukan) was not enough because Herzeliya scored two goals at the 84th and 89th minutes to make it 2:2 and the game has entered extratime there.

please type "Shivkhon" and "Sakhnin" otherwize i'll hack this website :groan:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Y&B POWER said:
please type "Shivkhon" and "Sakhnin" otherwize i'll hack this website :groan:
There are tons of ways to spelll their names, so unless they personally ask me to do so I don't see a reason to change. The fact UEFA calls them Sakhnin doesn't really mean much, because the same UEFA called Maccabi Haifa 'Tel Aviv'...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Raanan said:
There are tons of ways to spelll their names, so unless they personally ask me to do so I don't see a reason to change. The fact UEFA calls them Sakhnin doesn't really mean much, because the same UEFA called Maccabi Haifa 'Tel Aviv'...

if you type "CH" our Anglo Saxon m8s will say it like "CHelsea" while typing it "KH" they would know it sounds like "MaKHachkala" or KHimik for that matter(with the exception of German names originaly spelled with "CH")

but ur right UEFA should be ashamed to recall those shower of shyte after the honorable Yellow&Blue Empire :hangover:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts