Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy rival but long trip for Athletic to Canarias:cool: (I wanted Mirandés), there should be no excuse, even more taking in mind there´s a return game in San Mamés. About Lanzarote, mention that the last years they´ve had Mendilibar as coach (currently in Eibar) so if the new one hasn´t changed much I´m sure they´ll have an ordered and fighting team. Mention also they play in artificial grass and they passed over Mallorca. I´m sure Yeste & Del Horno will be happy with the travel to Canarias.:D

The Getafe vs Osasuna is the only game between Primera teams, so bad luck for the rojillos although they´re obiously favourites. :thmbup:

The games will be on mid January.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Won't be a problem for us I reckon, we really have to go for the cup this season, this is our chance with most Primera teams out, Aupa Athletic!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
im predicting here so remember if you open a new thread!

lanzarote 0-2 bilbao (2)
getafe 1-2 osasuna (2)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Txupa said:
I´m sure Yeste & Del Horno will be happy with the travel to Canarias.:D
Unfortunately for them they´re both injured so they´ll have to stay in cold Bilbao, although we´re having good weather lately.:cool: Also Bordas is injured.

Valverde has given the list, a lot of starters, I though he was going to play some subs and players from the B team but no, he´s only resting Murillo, Orbaiz and Etxebe. Hope we can kill the elimatory there and have an easy game in San Mamés. First callup for Lacruz this season, he has just recovered from the injury, good luck Mari! He has also confirmed Lafuente will be the starting goalie so good luck for Iñaki.

This is the list:

Lafuente, Aranzubia.

Casas, Karanka, Lacruz, Luis Prieto, Iraola, César.

Gurpegi, Tiko, Julen Guerrero, Solabarrieta, Jonan.

Arriaga, Ezquerro, Urzaiz.

I´d give a chance to Solabarrieta in the wing since Arriaga isn´t doing much in the chances he´s gotten.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The game starts at 10 and will be on ETB. Julen is starting!!!!:happy:

......................Lafuente

César.......L.Prieto....Karanka:scared:...Javi Casas

..................Tiko.....Gurpegi

Iraola.........Julen Guerrero........Arriaga

.......................Urzaiz

Aranzubia, Lacruz, Solabarrieta, Jonan and Ezquerro will be in the bench.

Aupa Athletic!
C´mon Julen!
:fero:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iñaki Muñoz has just scored the first for Osasuna, so with around 10 minutes to go...

Osasuna 1-0 Getafe

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moha scored the second for Osasuna, the game has ended 2-0, good score!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, 2-1 final score, how sad. BTW, their own goal wasn´t scored by Alejandro I think, it was their striker, I don´t remember the name now.

Anyway, Athletic was pathetic today, could have scored some goals but it was only due to the difference of quality, no fight or anything like that. And in the end thanks, in the last minute Alejandro again had an incredible chance fantastically saved by Lafuente. There shouldn´t be problems in San Mamés but they should have played better today, man, at least for the people who has travelled or all the Athletic fans in Canarias who were today in the stadium (a lot).

The 3 goals came from set pieces, funny how their shorter player scored 2 goals with the head, the second was good but in the first he was soooooo alone in the second post in a corner.:mad: I don´t save anyone in Athletic, they were all bad, Lafuente made that save but could have done more in the goals. Maybe César because he put a couple of decent centers.

And one thing I don´t understand, Urzaiz played like half an hour injured and with 2 substitutions left Valverde didn´t change him, don´t understand.:confused:

Congrats Lanzarote.:)

BTW, for once we receive some referee help (out of time goal in a corner in Soria on Sunday) it doesn´t last much, Lanzarote´s second goal was also 1 minute out of the added time in the first half...:(

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Athletic Club should get rid of that up&down performance... :doh: It is strange when they're on the peak, Athletic gives poor performance to 'lower' teams :rolleyes:

Maybe they're really keeping eye one the league :hopefull:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Athletic's result is not that bad. Playing in artificial turf is not easy and Athletic played with many reserves (including Julen Guerrero :pp), but they scored an away goal and Lanzarote won't push the same in San Mamés. I would not be worried for this result.

Good result for Osasuna :thmbup:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Well done Osasuna!

Thank god there are replays in these rounds... in that case the result isn't that bad, but c'mon, they're just a Segunda B club (?), we always should beat such teams, home or away.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The list for tomorrow´s game against Lanzarote, 21:30.

Lafuente, Aranzubia.

Javi González, Iraola, Murillo, Luis Prieto, Lacruz, Casas.

Orbaiz, Tiko, Gurpegi, Yeste.

Etxeberria, Ezquerro, Arriaga, Llorente.

As you see many starters, except the injured Del Horno and Urzaiz. Karanka isn´t on the list so I think we have huge chances of passing.;)

The line-up could probably be the same as against Espanyol with Lafuente for Dani and the entrance of Prieto for Tiko, so Gurpegi would play in the midfield, although maybe Valverde rests someone, Llorente will play again.

If everything goes as normal we shouldn´t have problems to pass so let´s just wish that, the difference of level should solve the game. Even if the game is so late I hope there´s a good assistance to San Mamés.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Qza said:
Does anyone know how Osasuna is doing? Thanks, Qza
3-2 down with around 15 minutes to go, almost done.

Athletic´s game has just started, with the lineup I gave yesterday. Ovation for Lanzarote when entered the field and as every team that plays for the first time in San Mamés, their captain put flowers in Pichichi´s bust.

Lafuente, Iraola, Murillo, Prieto, Casas; Orbaiz, Gurpegi; Etxeberria, Yeste, Ezquerro; Fernando Llorente.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Txupa said:
3-2 down with around 15 minutes to go, almost done.
I suppose with two away goals, that pretty much means Osasuna is through. Unless they give up two more goals. Good to hear. Thanks, Qza

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Final score: Getafe 3-2 Osasuna

Osasuna passes to 1/4s, zorionak!

On Athletic´s game GOAL SCORED BY FERNANDO LLORENTE!!! Great header after Iraola´s center. Fernando has scored his first goal as lion and he´s being our best player, zorionak!!

1-0 on minute 25.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Halftime: Athletic 2-0 Lanzarote (Llorente, Etxeberria)

The second goal was a great personal play by Llorente were he dribbled 3 rivals, just when he was going to kick Etxebe kicked it and "stole" him the goal.:D

Half time, Athletic is controlling the game, let´s see if we score the third in the first minutes so we can rest some players.

MOM by now Llorente, he´s winning all the air balls, playing with a lot of intelligence and demonstrating a fantastic coordination (dribbling + speed) for his height, we have a player here. :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts