Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The score at half time is 1-0 for Ahli. The goal came in the 20 the minute of the first half from a set piece. The ball was crossed deep into the far post and the ahli player headed a lob over the keeper. Ittihad's midfield was poor in the first half of the first period, I don't how we are playing now (good ol' Saudi TV has switched to channel 2 in the middle of the first half :mad: )

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:mad: :(

The match ended 2-1 for Ahli .
alYami equalised and Ittihad dominated the second half but Ahli got a penalty in the 88th minute which was converted. Hamza was sent off in injury time too.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ahmad,

I'm sorry for the loss. But that's football, you just can't keep beating Ahli forever! It's impossible.

The match was really a matter of which coach messed up the least. The first half was well played by Ahli. It was surprising the way they were organized and were accurately passing the ball and executing plays. That half could have easily ended up 2-0 or more. This really forces me to question everything I was tought. It was not simply that Ahli played with more heart or anything like that. No, they were playing really good. How could that happen? They were under Lucca for two years and never played this good. How could Anbar do that in two weeks? Is he that much better than Lucca? or is there more to it? This coach changing and short-term thinking is, for some reason, better in Saudi football:eek: I guess the problem with Ahli in the past few seasons is that they did not change coaches as often as Hilal or Itti did. Maybe that's why they have not been as successful as Hilal and Itti. Certainly, Ahli has at least as good talent as the other two teams. As strange as it may seem, it may actually be true.

The second half was another story. Both coaches killed their teams. Anbar took out Gahwaji and Suwayed, the best two players in the 1st half, although they were not injured or tired. After the first of these two changes, Ahli only threatened Itti goal once, the PK. On the other hand, Oscar got crazy and put in Amin and Hudeithi along with Yami and Hamza. He did that relatively early in the 2nd half with the score 1-1 (Amin actually entered in the break). I can understand doing that against Al NAsr when Itti was losing 1-0 in there was only 10 mins. left, but putting 4 forwards was a huge gamble as it left too many gaps behind especially after benching Khilawi and Oweiran (the best two defenders). In general Ittihad underestimated Ahli, especially in the 1st half and paid for it. Even in the sencond half, they were confident and believed that as usual, they will score a goal or two in the dying mins. Well, it didn't work this time since Anber put too many players behind.

I wanted Itti to win so that Hilal will have a better chance against them:D Now, we are going to play an injured tiger in Jeddah. Itti players will fight to the death next week to salvage the season. For the neutral Saudi fans, it will be one hell of a season's finale.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi HiJazzey, Dossary..

Well first of all.. hard luck on the defeat.. :) I was kinda neutral in the game.. as my main objective from the game was that Al Ittihad came out with the least number of cards and injuries.. (Guess Hamza messed that up!!)..

I really like Al Ahli's first goal.. great header.. and Obaid was SOOOO unlucky minutes later with that lob over Mabrook Zayid.. I guess with Obaid.. his only problem is his luck.. well not only that :) He tends to miss the easy chances.. and get into way too many off side positions..

Dossary, I disagree.. I can't see how a team would do better with changing a coach every two days.. It's actually something I've always considered one of the reasons our teams don't improve.. The main problem as to why teams do better with a new coach is easy.. our players are moody (mazajiyeen!!).. with Luca.. in 2 years.. with a strict coach.. they got frustrated and bored of him.. so what do they do?? blow the lid in a few important games.. and he's gone.. add to that.. management in our teams are even moodier.. a certain executive never liked Luca.. so he jumps on the oppurtunity to sack him when the first chance arises..

Personally, I think Al Ittihad should stick with Oscar whatever happens.. and not make the stupid Demetri mistake.. But if there's something I'd credit Anbar with that you won't find with most foreign coaches.. enthusiasm and commitment.. did you see how celebrated the first goal?? Only a true Ahlawi would have celebrated that way!! *makes you feel good :)"

HiJazzey, hard luck.. but come on.. the big game is just around the corner.. and to my amazement.. most of Al Ittihadi fans here are happy Hamza won't play.. as they want the lively Mohammed Amin Haydar and AlHasan "Superman" Al Yami to start together.. GOOOOD LUCK :)

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yasir,

I would rather see Mohammed Heidar play alongside Hamza as a right winger, which he does very well (like in the second half). But Hamza couldn't stay calm (he should be used to it: the Ahli players, especially husseino, always target him) and was rightly sent off.

But all that is water under the bridge.

Anyway, here's hoping we salvage our season and get some silverwear on Wednesday (or is it Thursday?) .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts