Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Txupa said:
I don´t want Valladolid because they´re our black beast (although I think we´ll play against them:scared: )
:eek:

I think I´ll have to make a self-motivation program to forget how we lost 1-4 the last 2 years in San Mamés against them and how I don´t remember when was the last time we won in Zorrilla. Appart than they´ll come motivated after beating Madrid and Aritz Aduriz will have the chance of his life to demonstrate he can be next season in Athletic. First game home (4th in a row) we have to kill the eliminatory in San Mamés, it will be very hard in Zorrilla. Good thing is that there will be a massive travel to Valladolid, if the eliminatory is alive I bet there will be more Athletic supporters than Valladolid ones in Zorrilla.:cool:

The Sevilla-Osasuna is the most exciting tie of this round without doubt. We all know the "love" they´ve demonstrated each other in the last years..:D Osasuna will miss some good boxers as Alfredo or Bakayoko who have left the team, but they still have Pablo García, Chengue Morales or Moha to face Pablo Alfaro, Javi Navarro, Caparrós & co.:D If Osasuna leaves S.Pizjuán alive I think they´ll pass, the return game in El Sadar will be a hell for Sevilla.:fero:

BTW, why are always these casualities in cup draws?:eek: And then they don´t want us to believe in "hot balls", if everything goes as the TVs expect I bet we´ll have another surprising draw for the semis; Betis-Sevilla and Athletic-Atlético...:eek:

Sevilla vs Osasuna
Numancia vs Atlético Madrid
Betis vs Gramanet
Athletic vs Valladolid

·
Registered
542 Posts
It could have been better... and much worse!

Liege was also supposed to be a difficult game, without away wins (until then), in Europe, bla, bla, bla... If we want the cup we are going to have to fight tougher battles. I think Valladolid is a good one to warm up... :cool:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
inigo said:

Liege was also supposed to be a difficult game, without away wins (until then), in Europe, bla, bla, bla... If we want the cup we are going to have to fight tougher battles. I think Valladolid is a good one to warm up... :cool:
True, statistics doesn't mean something...

Valladolid is a level lower so looking to that it shouldn't be a problem for us to beat them, like Inigo said, it could have been better and much worse, I'm happy we didn't draw Sevilla or Atlético for example.

Good to hear a lot fans will probably travel to Valladolid, it's an important game and we need the support for sure!

Good luck to Osasuna too, nothing is impossible!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
inigo said:

I hope you are right but I think Valladolid will be our thoughest battle towards the final.. I understand the logical thing is that we pass but if someone thinks it will be easy he´s completely wrong. On the other hand in our million losses against them we´ve always seen a lack of motivation from our players, I can´t even think that can happen in the cup, we have to go for them!!:fero:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
C'mon how can you be afraid of Valladolid? I'm not saying that it's gonna be easy... ask Madrid :D, but Athletic has many reasons to feel happy for the draw. You could reach the semis avoiding teams of Primera.

About the Osasuna-Sevilla, they better start to prepare some ambulances. If the Liga matches are a war, imagine it in the Copa where the tension is much bigger. Sevilla is favourite, but in Copa you never know.

·
Registered
556 Posts
About the Osasuna-Sevilla, they better start to prepare some ambulances. If the Liga matches are a war, imagine it in the Copa where the tension is much bigger. Sevilla is favourite, but in Copa you never know.
It´s gonna be fun to see, don´t you think? :devil: Sevilla is one of the most difficult teams to play against. Besides their butchers, they´re a quality side. At the beginning of the season I expected them to do even better than they´re actually doing. On the other side Athletic must not relax, actually I don´t think they will and will win well.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Koeman4 said:
C'mon how can you be afraid of Valladolid?
I´m not afraid, I trust in the lions but I as I already said I didn´t want them, and I´ve been saying this since the 1/32s, still...time for revenge!:fero:

2000-01 Athletic Club 1 Valladolid 1

2001-02 Athletic Club 1 Valladolid 4

2002-03 Athletic Club 0 Valladolid 0

2003-04 Athletic Club 1 Valladolid 4

------------------------------------------

1999-00 Valladolid 1 Athletic Club 0

2000-01 Valladolid 0 Athletic Club 0

2001-02 Valladolid 2 Athletic Club 0

2002-03 Valladolid 2 Athletic Club 0

2003-04 Valladolid 2 Athletic Club 0

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
But back then they were a team of Primera, their quality must be lower nowadays and they will focus all their effort in La Liga.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here's something for the statistics fans: Athletic hadn't beat Osasuna in Bilbao for more than 10 years if I read it right...

Need I say more? ;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let´s see, hope so.

There´s list for this game, because it is tomorrow!! I thought it was on wednesday, so no PL I presume, it´s too late.

Casas, Lacruz and Murillo are injured. Del Horno isn´t at 100% but he´s made the list since we don´t have a leftback, Urzaiz returns as well.

Aranzubia, Lafuente.

Iraola, Prieto, Karanka, Javi González, Del Horno.

Tiko, Gurpegi, Orbaiz, Yeste, Guerrero.

Urzaiz, Etxeberria, Ezquerro, Llorente.

I suppose Urzaiz will start and Llorente will play the last 30 minutes or so, it could be too much for Fernando to play 4 full games in 9 days. But from what I heard from Valverde today, maybe Fernando starts again, don´t now. I suppose the lineup will look something like this, except if Valverde rests someone..

..................Lafuente

Iraola.....Prieto.....Gurpegi....Del Horno

...............Tiko.....Orbaiz

Etxeberria........Yeste........Ezquerro

...............Urzaiz or Llorente

No Karanka Valverde please!!:scared: I wouldn´t mind in Valverde sits Ezquerro (the pitch condition isn´t for him) and puts Yeste on the left with Julen in his position.;)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Txupa said:
Let´s see, hope so.

There´s list for this game, because it is tomorrow!! I thought it was on wednesday, so no PL I presume, it´s too late.
Good news... means I can be online :D, anywhere I can watch it online? ETBSat? Hopefully for sure at Eurosport's ticker / at Athletic-Club.net, but that's both without pictures...

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Knoert said:
Good news... means I can be online :D, anywhere I can watch it online? ETBSat? Hopefully for sure at Eurosport's ticker / at Athletic-Club.net, but that's both without pictures...
I´m sorry but no, this game is on PPV.:( All I can offer are radio stations if you want...

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Txupa said:
I´m sorry but no, this game is on PPV.:( All I can offer are radio stations if you want...
As I've only learned the first 4 chapters of my Spanish book I think it's pretty useless... :( Probably it's going to be live at Athletic's official site or Eurosport then :).

·
Registered
542 Posts
Knoert said:
As I've only learned the first 4 chapters of my Spanish book I think it's pretty useless... :( Probably it's going to be live at Athletic's official site or Eurosport then :).
I'm sure you know what GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DEL ATHLETIC!!!!!! ... means?

It's the only thing you'll hear!!
:devil: :tongue:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I´m sorry. I didn´t know it was today and thought the post was there to vote. Anyway it will be a difficult game for Athletic, the weather doesn´t help and Valladolid are strong deffensively.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Although Isma Urzaiz had made the list for this game he had some problems with his ankle again this morning and has been substituted by Solabarrieta.

Txupa said:
No Karanka Valverde please!!:scared: I wouldn´t mind in Valverde sits Ezquerro (the pitch condition isn´t for him) and puts Yeste on the left with Julen in his position.;)
Una de cal y otra de arena... Txingurri has done both things.

Here´s the official lineup:

..................Lafuente

Iraola.....L.Prieto.....Karanka:scared:...Del Horno

.............Orbaiz.....Tiko

Etxeberria...Julen Guerrero:happy:....Yeste

.............Fernando Llorente

Aranzubia, Gurpegi, Javi González, Solabarrieta and Ezquerro will be in the bench.

The game starts in 15 minutes, Aupa Athletic!!:fero:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts