Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing news... today appeared on La Gazzetta Dello Sport website that Paolo Maldini is thinking to extend his contract one year more, until 2009.

"Three months ago, I'm worse than now, today I'm better, I'm playing in a position that don't play in ten years ago".

I love this sport, training and then, my mother and my father gives me special things. Berlusconi? With Galliani, both likes that I continue another year. I don't directly to them, but I read it on the newspapers. Let See"

Grande Paolo Maldini, continue with us!!!:devil::devil:

Forza Cuore Di Drago!!:proud:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Even at his age, when he does play, he still plays better than 99% of defenders out there so him staying would only be a bonus for Milan. He was probably our best player vs Arsenal and I don't see why he can't contribute for another year if he wishes too.

GRANDE MALDINI!

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Once he retires, that's it, he's gone. Not only Milan loses a true legend but the sport does. So if he wants to stay another season? That's like Christmas come early. I dont care about things like giving Paolo another chance of lifting the CL trophy or anything like that. Just purely seeing him play for us for another season would be just amazing. Damn, I must admit I'm as excited as a little child just contemplating it.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
One of the first things I said after the match on Tuesday was that this being Maldini's last match in the European cup and that right now I wish he would continue.

Paolo alè, Paolo Maldini :proud:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Captin my Captin :proud:

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
i dont think it will happen.
but if it does, i commit to go to san siro and watch him in his last season :proud:

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Even at his age, when he does play, he still plays better than 99% of defenders out there so him staying would only be a bonus for Milan. He was probably our best player vs Arsenal and I don't see why he can't contribute for another year if he wishes too.

GRANDE MALDINI!
Completely agree with you here. When half of the team crumbled like boys Maldini stood tall like a MAN, like a LEGEND, against arsenal. :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Completely agree with you here. When half of the team crumbled like boys Maldini stood tall like a MAN, like a LEGEND, against arsenal. :star:
Valdrino has spoken, FM's please close the thread :stuckup:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Dagoods, either you start making sense or I will edit every single one of your posts :D

Sign,

Bern

(PS: I just needed to abuse my power to know what it feels like, won't do it again ;) )

Hope the Peruano enjoys a good joke.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,994 Posts
I was expecting something like that actually. It's not easy for him to go as professional football has been in the centre of his life for so long. As long as he feels he can physically stay in shape to continue he is tempted to do that.

Dunno if I'm positive minded towards it though...I have a feeling that he might finish his career like Baresi did, one season too late.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Maldini reconsiders retirement

Milan legend Paolo Maldini has sensationally admitted he may reconsider his retirement at the end of this season.

He turns 40 in the summer and had said repeatedly he would hang up his boots in 2008, but a resurgence of form and lack of injury worries might make him change his mind.

“I have a lot of energy left. One must be consistent, but at the same time only an idiot doesn’t change his mind,” smiled Maldini.

“In these last few months my knees are no longer hurting very much. The club and fans are pushing me to play for another year.

“I have to admit, three months ago I was in a much worse condition and had to stay out for five months following surgery. Now I feel better and am even playing in a role I hadn’t tried for quite a while.”

Due to injury problems throughout the side, Maldini has returned to the left-back position and performed admirably against the youngsters of Arsenal.

“That was a painful defeat, but it is easier to accept when you have achieved so much,” he said of the 2-0 Champions League exit.

“I think the fans understood that too. Arsenal deserved to win. They play beautiful, fast, total football.

“That competition has given me so much. The first trophy was the most exciting, then the first I lifted as a captain, as it came nine years afterwards.”

With this second round elimination, many have urged the Rossoneri to completely revolutionise the squad.

“I don’t think that’s necessary. We need the right men, going for quality not quantity. Our past is not so remote, as in the past 12 months we have won the Champions League, European Super Cup and Club World Cup.

“If we look at what we have achieved over the past 20 years compared to Arsenal, there is a huge difference.”

Maldini has been at the forefront of that winning era and spent his entire career with this club.

“I never considered leaving. I was born here in a football sense and never really thought about a change of scenery.

“In the past there was contact with Chelsea. I was coming off a disappointing season and asked myself some questions, but at the end I decided to stay.”

Could the man with the most Italy caps in history come out of international retirement for Euro 2008?

“No thanks.”

=====================================================

Please, Paolo, do it for the fans. You are too important for us! :heart:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
What I wish most for Paolo is to leave on top and without embarassment. I hope he leaves before he does a Baresi and plays one last season where he is totally out of his element. If he can honestly look himself in hte mirror and say "yes, I can still play at the top level" then I hope he does come back. If not, then please don't play one more meaningless season. Its not worth it.

That said, I totally understand the desire to play one more time. Once he;s done, he;s done for good. It must be tough for a warrior like him to face hanging up the boots for good. L:et's just hope he makes a smart decision.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
We didn't send him off in an according manner, so hope he does extend!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'd better not hear any more bitching about us keeping oldsters on the squad.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts