Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're currently experiencing a strong dip in form. From flawless huge wins to this... only a delusional man would deny the obvious: This is a mini crisis that can blow into full proportion if we lose the next league game.

So what happened? I've been hearing a lot of theories and explanations but i cant put my finger on the major reason.

Is it really only a defensive problem? Many critics will tell you that if your team scores 3 and still lose the game then the fault is purely in defense.

Pep Guardiola, how accountable is he? Did he really bring fatigue rather than fitness onto his players? Why doesn't he make the full 3 changes to keep his team fresh when he has relaxed quality players in Bojan and Hleb who can hold on to possession?

Those are some of the ideas i have been hearing from other Cules and i'm curious to know yours because its frustrating not to understand what is happening to this team.

Hope we can get into a constructive debate without bashing our own players and laying all the blame on one or two of them... but all opinions are welcome anyways....

Visca Barca

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
No guts.

Just my opinion. Not trying to troll.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
We're lethargic and mentally fatigued, key players are not getting any rest and the chase for three Cups is taking its toll on us.

I really believe we'll pull through this and be alright, we just got to forget about the last three games and stay focused.

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
The thread topic was, Cules, what is wrong with Barça? and of course look who makes the first response.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Key players underperforming.
It's hard to explain it. In the first part of the season everyone was on form and when someone had a bad outing you hardly noticed it because all the others were getting the job done but currently all the important pieces of the team are hugely underperforming namely Xavi and Alves and none can come up with a solution.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
No guts.

Change the record, its getting tediously tiresome.

Anyway, Betis away: Too many players rotated (esp in defence) and backups not performing, Ricardo great game. Against espanyol, not enough intensity and urgency (underestimation of the subhuman set of ghouls?), decisive referee bias, decisive valdes mistake, great game from de la pene. which furthered the loss of morale and confidence of the team. atletico: didnt see the match, but judging from the highlights: too many key players underperforming (esp in defence.. decisive individual mistakes on pretty much all goals except maybe first which was a superb effort from Forlan). Also Pep getting a bit comfortable, not acting early like he used to do and adress the problems on the get-go. I dont know how Sylvinho did but when our left side is ineffective, the opponents can shift their whole team to our lethal right side (a la Lyon) and overwhelm Messi-Xavi-Alves.

Among other things.. Perhaps. Who knows.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
No guts.

No guts? Yeah right, the most attacking force in Europe have no guts. Brilliant Einstein. :thumbsup:

They should instead learn to play a more cynical style of football and hold on to leads.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Well i really didnt expect this but we have to look forward and win upcoming games.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
No guts? Yeah right, the most attacking force in Europe have no guts. Brilliant Einstein. :thumbsup:

They should instead learn to play a more cynical style of football and hold on to leads.
I don't see what having the best attack in Europe has to do with guts.

You guys cannot handle adversity. It's a proven statement. I am just being honest here. You guys choke and cannot handle when things don't go well.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
I don't see what having the best attack in Europe has to do with guts.

You guys cannot handle adversity. It's a proven statement. I am just being honest here. You guys choke and cannot handle when things don't go well.
That doesn't mean they don't have guts. Well I believe you're wrong and we'll see the next couple of weeks who chokes or not.

You have a derby next jornada and then it's of to Liverpool. If you lose there it sure will be an interestning game at San Mames. :D

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
The entire season up to the shameful Espanyol game disproves your feeble trolling attempts. Full of comebacks and hard fought wins. And attacking football requires more guts than the defensive, physical bullying type of disgrace that some not very clever people confuse with 'guts'. The Liverpool defeat and the way it happened was karma hitting you in the face. Hopefully at Anfield they'll bully RM physically as RM did to Messi and crash you out of the CL as has been the case the last half a decade.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I don't think you understand, Culed, but there is nothing new about that.

Enjoy the XT Copa elimination too. :D

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
I don't think you understand, Culed, but there is nothing new about that.

Enjoy the XT Copa elimination too. :D
Next season you will enjoy seeding group 2 in CL draw. :D

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
We're lethargic and mentally fatigued, key players are not getting any rest and the chase for three Cups is taking its toll on us.
Agreed.

Barcelona are just having a dip in form and some players make easy misstakes because they're tired. Every team has ups and downs during a season.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
What's wrong?

We're a little tired, that's what's wrong. We're in a bad phase that every team experiences every season, without fail. And Madrid with a 10-0-0 record. If Madrid weren't this successful, we'd still have a comfortable lead and we'd be putting smileys in our posts. But since our lead has been almost cut down, it's suddenly a very strong dip in form, Pep ignorant, some players don't have balls etc etc etc. Pep didn't lose his brain overnight and the players are still the same people that have been mesmerizing Europe this whole time, it's only a couple of weeks of fall from grace ffs!

We've outperformed Madrid 90% of the time this season, and suddenly after a couple of games everything's going to hell?? And then we wonder why Marca and AS have these campaings... because they WORK.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
No guts.

Wishful thinking, utter bullshit or just a plain lie , your choice...

You have to factor in tiredness, Barca have gone all the way in Copa Del Rey which means they've been playing for every 3 days since the turn of the year compared to Real Madrid who have played every 7 days bar this week.

Also, this is Barca's first real blip since the opening 2 games this season, and look at the fixtures. Betis away is not an easy place to go, them drawing there is hardly a shock result. Espanyol is a Derby game in which everything can happen and when you go down to ten men in the 1st half - it encouraged Espanyol to push on. And of course last night was a very rare slip up after being 2-0 up, things like that can happen sometimes.

You can't call them chokers based on 2 frigging weeks where they've had tougher fixtures on each of the weekends compared to you.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I think the whole situation is exaggerated, especially since Barcelona have been so excellent until this point of the season. Every team will be tired from playing in three competitions and especially if they're as impressive as Barça have been.

Some things may have been overlooked in the past when it comes to Guardiola and his way of coaching, but you simply can't criticize a team that's producing. The players are tired, Pep has plenty of injuries on players that would be contributing to the team; Gerard Piqué, Andrés Iniesta and Éric Abidal are all out with injuries, the first two are keyplayers on their positions and it's not easy to replace them once the rest of the team gets fatigued.

The high pressure that was so successfull for a long haven't been the same in a couple of games, once again; tired players. They don't just lose their ability to play football over night after a loss, psychological aspects in football are so important. The players have to start believing in themselves again, they're four points ahead of Real Madrid and it's all psychology now that the Madridista-press are starting their campaign in order to sink Barcelonas perfect season, it's going to be extra important for Pep to get the players going again.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts