Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LONDON, May 17 (DS) - Italian goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has begun contract talks with Chelsea FC to fulfill his desire to stay at Stamford Bridge, the Sky Sports stated.
After a fantastic season between the posts for the Blues, the 28-year-old goalkeeper has firmly established himself as the club's first-choice goalkeeper and is easily one of the front-runners for the player of the year award.
Roma are reported to have shown an interest in Cudicini but he has no intention of leaving Chelsea. Cudicini declared: "I hope that the chairman will let me sign another deal as I want to stay here."
Meanwhile defender William Gallas has insisted he will also stay at the club despite having just revealed his frustration at failing to win a settled role in the side.
The Frenchman elaborated on his personal website: "I've been labelled as a utility player and I find it really hard to accept. Even though it's for a good cause, it annoys me to be shunted around all the different positions.
"I can't go through another season like this one. I need to be given a clearly defined role."
However, having promptly been linked with a possible move to Arsenal, he has now confirmed to Chelsea TV he has no intention of leaving the club.
He insisted: "I stay in Chelsea because I like Chelsea and if I leave to Arsenal, I think the supporters will kill me."
On his relationship with manager Claudio Ranieri, he insisted: "We get on very well. He gave me my chance to play."

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cudicini indicates Chelsea stay despite Roma interest

Chelsea chairman Ken Bates has met with goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini and is confident of keeping the Italian away from Serie A's big spenders.
Cudicini is interesting AS Roma, but Bates made it clear to the Italian that he is one of the club's most valued players and opened talks over a new five-year, £35,000-a-week contract.

His agent, Federico Pastorello told The Sun, "After such a positive season, several opportunities have arisen with Roma being among them.

"We spoke to Mr Bates about this and he pointed out that Ranieri has signed a new contract.

"Mr Bates sees this as the beginning of a new Chelsea era and he wants Carlo to be a part of that.

"We will be meeting with Mr Bates again in the next week or so to talk things over.

"Chelsea want Carlo and there is no problem with Carlo staying at Chelsea for five more years.

"He loves London and he loves to play for Chelsea so he's happy."

·
Registered
126 Posts
Cudicini can stay in Chelsea as far as I'm concerned. I think Antonioli should remain in Roma for 1 more season. Antonioli was one of Roma's best players in 2001-2002 so I don't see why he should leave, it wouldn't make sense to get rid off him after he was one of those players who tried his best and gave his best in the season 'after' winning the scudetto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts