Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First match at home, Aptil 7th, second away at April, 14th.
Please post you comment, previews etc here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,633 Posts
Tough one. Specially because CSKA plays the first match at home. Auxerre might not be impressive, but they are still a quality French side. CSKA needs a win at home, without it, it will be very difficult.

I would have preferred Austria Vienna as an opponent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,072 Posts
oh my god.... a dream draw for us :D.. Auxerre the weakest after Austria if not weaker. I know that every team that make it this far is good, but imo we should be able to win this one without any real problems. And then another, propablly even better draw for us, Austria and Parma. I see us in the finals already :D If we play like we've played we will be in the finals for sure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,603 Posts
AAB fan said:
oh my god.... a dream draw for us :D.. Auxerre the weakest after Austria if not weaker. I know that every team that make it this far is good, but imo we should be able to win this one without any real problems. And then another, propablly even better draw for us, Austria and Parma. I see us in the finals already :D If we play like we've played we will be in the finals for sure!
Take it easy,AAB.Yes,i think this is a good draw,sporting,newcastle,and vilarreal will be worst,but cska is not a milan or chelsea,and the french teams are always tough.Remenmber monaco and marselha last year.

I think the best of the draw was the semi-final,parma or austria viena,much more easy than the tree big guns(newcastle,sporting,vilarreal.
So a real chance for cska to get to his first european cup,and be only the second russian team to do that,first time,dynamo moscow 1972,lost to rangers 3-2,in the old cup winners cup. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,603 Posts
ginger_ale said:
Never won against a French team... Is CSKA ready to break the tradition? :)
And psg last year,2-0 and 3-0 :howler: :howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2-0 and 3-1. ;P

It seems that Auxerre official site and some of fans have mistaken us with FC Moscow. Partly mistaken, 'cause they know that we won with PSG, but they think that we won with Spartak in the first match of RFPL :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,072 Posts
kleber said:
Take it easy,AAB.Yes,i think this is a good draw,sporting,newcastle,and vilarreal will be worst,but cska is not a milan or chelsea,and the french teams are always tough.Remenmber monaco and marselha last year.

I think the best of the draw was the semi-final,parma or austria viena,much more easy than the tree big guns(newcastle,sporting,vilarreal.
So a real chance for cska to get to his first european cup,and be only the second russian team to do that,first time,dynamo moscow 1972,lost to rangers 3-2,in the old cup winners cup. :thumbsup:
I know that we ofcourse aint through yet, but still... we have a better team than them and we MUST get through here, also with parma or Austria. Seeyou in Lisboa :D:D

ALso till then we have gotten better with the match practise and will be more fit than we propablly are now...looks promising!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,603 Posts
AAB fan said:
I know that we ofcourse aint through yet, but still... we have a better team than them and we MUST get through here, also with parma or Austria. Seeyou in Lisboa :D:D

ALso till then we have gotten better with the match practise and will be more fit than we propablly are now...looks promising!!!
One of the big problems will be the russian cup,maybe cska should forget it and play with a B-team.They have to do at least more five games in the russian cup if they want to win it,so is better to play with some guys from the B-team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,971 Posts
Senior Tigr said:
2-0 and 3-1. ;P

It seems that Auxerre official site and some of fans have mistaken us with FC Moscow. Partly mistaken, 'cause they know that we won with PSG, but they think that we won with Spartak in the first match of RFPL :)
Maybe it's cus we beat Spartak so often:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,971 Posts
kleber said:
One of the big problems will be the russian cup,maybe cska should forget it and play with a B-team.They have to do at least more five games in the russian cup if they want to win it,so is better to play with some guys from the B-team.
I have no doubt that Gazzaev will do just that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,971 Posts
Another bonus is that Newcastle and Sporting, our main opposition here will be facing eachother. Auxerre is no joke, especially considering that the first game is in Moscow. If anyone follows French football (i do a little) what are the strengths/weaknesses of this team?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,758 Posts
OAnimal said:
Tough one. Specially because CSKA plays the first match at home. Auxerre might not be impressive, but they are still a quality French side. CSKA needs a win at home, without it, it will be very difficult.

I would have preferred Austria Vienna as an opponent.
Hehe...I know what you mean. Bilbao and Zaragoza underrated us as well. But Europe still underrates CSKA...;)

Auxerre is a tough one. Sporting or Alkmaar would have been easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,978 Posts
I've already told you's Alkmaar are better than Auxerre :stuckup: Auxerre's strength is in attack. One of the Kalou brothers is possibly their main danger. With the amount of top quality players Auxerre lost last summer, you'd think they are weak, but they're certainly not. They completely dominated us at Ibrox, but I put that down to possibly the worst tactical set-up i've ever seen in my life from our manager.

In case you were in any doubt, you lot are worthy favourites.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,758 Posts
Good points...I know Alkmaar have been impressing so far and their offense is excellent. Still I think Auxerre is a tactically more clever side with more experience. French sides at this stage...very difficult.
Sporting: The most calculable side in the remaining field. Therefore relatively easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,758 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Thank u:D By the way, i genuinely hate Celtic and everything they stand for:D
Really?? You're not Catholic??? :nono:
 
1 - 20 of 176 Posts
Top