Xtratime Community banner

Crvena zvezda - Sezona 2016/17

31K views 722 replies 22 participants last post by  Dule 
#1 ·
Time for a new thread for a new season after a very successful season for both our football and basketball teams (not to mention many of our other sporting sectors).

For the first time in almost a decade we will be competing to join Europe's elite in the Champions' League. We will be seeeded in the 2nd round but due to our extremely poor coefficient we won't be in the remaining rounds.

We couldn't have had a better start by signing Grof to a 2 year extension to finally have some stability after many years of turbulence.

We've also been active in the transfer market already and the following players have been signed:

Adam Mitchell - New Zealand - Centre Back - 20 years old - Free Transfer - 1+2 year contract deal

He signed after an impressive 3 week trial

Stefan Milosevic - Left Back - 21 years old - Signed from Spartak - €300k + 30% of next sale - 4 year contract

He'll no doubt be a replacement for Lucho Ibanez when it's his time to leave. Milosevic has real potential and was a member of the U20 World Cup Winning squad last year.

Thomas Phibel - France - Centre Back - 30 years old - Free transfer from Mordovia - 2 year contract

He is expected to lead the Defensive line and already knows both Donald and Le Tallec well.

It would appear that Uros Djurdjevic is also making his way home after an injury ravaged time at Palermo. Nothing official but it does look like he'll be signing a 3 year deal with us. This could very well be a fantastic signing for the club!

In addition to Djurdjevic joining we are waiting for Cukaricki's response to an offer made for Andrija Pavlovic. It looks like Cuka are ready to do business and the player has already expressed a desire to join the club. Fantastic bit of business that should mean we don't feel the absence of Hugo when he does leave the club.

In addition to this Kahriman is due to sign a new deal to keep him at the club whilst rumours persist about us signing Filip Stojkovic as Marko Petkovic believe it or not is being linked with a move to Fiorentina.

Away from the sporting side the official website is looking much much better, although it would be good if they could bring in an English language section so it's accessible to non Serbian people.

http://www.crvenazvezdafk.com

The sale of season tickets has also already been announced, earlier than in recent years in another sign that the club is making strides to become more professional.

I like what we've done with the transfers so far...it could yet get better. It's important that the signings are mostly with the club before pre-season starts and it looks like the club are on their way to fulfilling that objective.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like we've signed Djurdjevic and lost out on Pavlovic.

Currently this is what we look like;

GK: Kahriman, Manojlovic, Vicic.

DR: Petkovic, Cvetkovic.
DC: Phibel, Mitrovic (probable), Lukovic, Rendulic, Stojanovic, Mitchell, Pavicevic.
DL: Ibanez, Milosevic.

DMC: Le Tallec, Racic.
MC: Donald, Ristic.
AMC: Plavsic, Babunski.

W: Katai, Srnic, Djurdjevic (probable), Gavric.

S: Hugo, Orlandic, Sikimic, Joveljic.

Positions we're currently trying to reinforce - right back (if Petkovic leaves), central defender (Mitrovic is probable), central attacking midfielder (Kanga has been mentioned) and a striker (depending when Hugo decides it's time to move on).

I'd like to think we'd also get one more winger given Katai might leave this summer as well.

One huge positive for me is that none of the starters from last season are leaving. That is a crucial, crucial piece to building chemistry. Also, the manager is the same as at the start of last season. When was the last time that happened?

ZGAZI IH SVE!

On a side note I'll be attending all Zvezda (home and away games) in August so anyone up for going to the European qualifiers please reach out. Last time I went to European qualifiers for Zvezda was in Cyprus and that turned out well. Hoping to get something similar this time.

p.s. The player that will take the team by storm this season is Racic. I like his profile a lot. Reminds me of a very raw version of Grujic. Kid is also from Kraljevo, a place that has given us many strong athletes...

#3 ·
Robi was the last but these two are the only two since Filipovic.

Andrija Lukovic being mentioned as a new signing. Not sure what to make of that one, could be good but he's not exactly played lately?

#5 ·
Apparently Andrija Lukovic's signing is imminent. He was at Rajko Mitic with his agent Pantelinho agreeing terms yesterday it seems.

#6 ·
Zirbes signed with Maccabi Tel Aviv

#7 ·
#9 ·
This comes after everyone at the club saying we're not sellin anyone until after the qualifiers.

Guess we'll see. Bit of a rubbish sum given his season with us as well.

Surely we'd want to keep him until We know where we're at re Europe.

#8 ·
Miller signed with Maccabi as well.

We're also being heavily linked with Zagorac & Milutinov the last couple of days. They'd be big signings for us.

#10 ·
Fully agree. The club might be forced to persuade him to stay though. It's a really good opportunity to revive his career outside the minor footballing countries even if OM is a club in permanent crisis.

#11 ·
If he's not owed wages he can't go anywhere.

Maybe come to some agreement that he can leave in August.

Club have come out and said he's not for sale.

#12 ·
It wouldn't be the first time that our management says one thing and does the opposite.

#13 ·
No of course.

Anything over €2m when we got him on a free and at his age is a good deal but I'd much rather keep hold of him until we know where we're at.

We're being linked to a whole host of foreigners at the minute. Not sure if it's just the media chucking names out there like they like to do.

Pre-season started on Monday by the way:

TNpbrFdBG-c

For once we have a reasonably settled squad that's got a fair bit of quality. I don't think the situation is as drastic as is made out sometimes by the media/fans about how many signings we need. This team showed it was better than Partizan yet they pushed relatively far in Europe last season.

We probably need a bit more depth to hold out for a long first part of the season but that will depend on whether we make the group stages or not.

I'd also expect us to play deeper in Europe and so our Defence shouldn't be as exposed as it has been at times. When we dropped a bit deeper vs Partizan at times it looked very good and they didn't really create too much against us.

#14 ·
I think the whole team will stay. Terzic understands how football works and I'm pretty sure he is convinced the offers will still be there after the European qualifiers. The only way any of our players leave before the Champions League qualifiers is if an offer comes in that's hard to refuse. For example, if Marseille offered 5-6 million for Hugo then I'd consider it because that could mean our budget would be secure for the coming season. However if it's 1-2 million then no, refuse and move forward.

I really do believe in this team, this coach, and the atmosphere created within the team. I firmly believe we will have a set starting 11 come July 12th. I'm laughing at all of these people on the RSB boards being critical of management that we're not moving fast enough. I can't believe how critical people still are. We've just witnessed one of the greatest seasons in our history, beat our neighbor home and away, and reinforced the center back position (our most weak aspect) and people still complain. They need to remember what kind of economics the club is dealing with and be grateful. I certainly am. People need to think and remember where the club was 6-7 years ago. Only then can you fully see how big of an accomplishment this past season was. We can't get the club back to where it was pre 2008 overnight.

Samo napred. Patience is key.

#15 ·
I think people are underestimating the team we already have.

Yes it's not perfect but a settled, fully fit, well motivated and well coached side can go a long way. There's also a fair bit of talent there too.

I actually think we might look pretty good in Europe because we've got some players who can be very dangerous on the counter.

#16 ·
Hugo was back in training today. He said he wants to play CL football with us...we'll see if that happens or not.

Busy day for our club transfer wise today, RSB Forum has provided the following:

Vanja Vucicevic - Cukaricki - 18 years old - Forward - Free transfer

He's signed a deal after not being able to agree a deal with Cukaricki. He's apparently a big prospect and obviously one for the future.

Marko Poletanovic - Gent - 23 years old - midfield - 1 year loan deal with option to buy

He'll add depth to the midfield. He played for Vosa, was their captain but would appear to be another player who has had struggles abroad.

Another one who has struggled is...

Andrija Lukovic - PSV - 21 years old - Midfield - Free transfer

Those 3 would appear to be completed transfers. In addition to those 3 Serbian players it would appear we are close to signing the following foreign ones.

Guelor Kanga - Rostov - 25 years old - Attacking midfield - free transfer

He's also a Gabon international having been capped by his country a total of 12 times.

Finally looks like we've also brought in a winger/forward in the form of...

John Ruiz Dnipro - 22 years old - Winger/Forward - Free transfer

He'sa also played for Lille and represents Costa Rica at international level...

In addition to this we're still awaiting the signing of Uros Djurdjevic and Milan Mitrovic. Just waiting both of them to finalise their contract terminations with their clubs.

That should bring an end to the transfer window, unless anyone else was meant to leave.

Looks like we're pretty serious at making a push in Europe this season.

#17 ·
Valletta (Malta) or B36 (Faroe Islands) for Zvezda in the second qualifying round for the Champions League after the draw at UEFA:s headquarters in Nyon today. The games will be played 12-13 of July and 18-19 of July and Zvezda's starting away from home.

#18 ·
A nice draw given some of the sides we could have faced in the second round.

We should get through this round quite comfortably which will allow us to bed our new signings in and have a couple of competitive games in the process.

The 3rd round is the big one though. We win that and we've got group stages guaranteed.

Do you know much about these potential new signings Zoric? I can't say I've seen any of them but Lukovic play really.

#19 ·
I remember John Ruiz well from the U20 World Cup in Colombia five years ago where he was Costa Rica's best player alongside Joel Campbell. Good counter attacking player at the time. More of a quick player with decent ability to beat his opponents through pace than a winger who was good 1-on-1 back then and dangerous when he got the ball with a lot of space on the pitch. He was linked with some really big clubs back then and I even remember Barcelona made an offer for him to play for Barcelona B. Could definitely be an interesting pick up, perhaps a Hugo Vieira but Hugo had more personal issues than perhaps a lack of consistency on the pitch. Haven't seen him in a good while though.

Poletanović was a pretty good box-to-box midfielder while at Voša. He played quite a bit with Radoja back then but I always thought Radoja was the player who looked the better. Pretty tall, decent ability to join attacks in the second wave, a solid ball winning midfielder as well. Interesting player for our standards. They know him very well at Zvezda though.

As for the Kanga: never seen him as far as I'm aware. Never seen Vučićević either.

#20 ·
Thanks Zoric.

I thought there'd be more excitement about Zvezda playing in the CL Qualifiers for the first time since 2007 on here but I guess not...

#22 ·
Think the years of bodyblows have taken their toll in terms of any expectations, both club and NT.

Personally, become a bit numb to our football, seeing the shite on display at this Euros and wondering how we didnt manage to get there...is sobering.

Re. Zvezda, buzzing to see us try our luck in Europe this season after dominating the league. The fact our core hasn't been ripped out like every other season is huge. Hope the draws continue to be favourable, need some luck as well.

#21 ·
Andrija Lukovic has officially signed for the club on a 3 year deal.

Another signing is set to put pen to paper tomorrow apparently.

#23 ·
I get that and feel much the same when it comes to the NT but Zvezda is different for me.

Draw is of course important for us. If we get Olympiacos then it'll be very very tough...anyone else and we'll have a shot I think. A lot of these teams vary from season to season.

Transfer news however:

Trabzsponsor have announced on their official twitter account that they are in negotiations with us for a move for Ibanez. Really wouldn't want to see him go just yet but I guess it depends on the money they offer. If we can get a deal so he leaves at the end of August after European qualifying then an offer of €2.5-3m would be a good piece of business.

The club have of course already brought in Milosevic as a replacement but I was hoping he'd be eased in.

#24 ·
Zvezda and the Serbian NT. Two mythical entities with fanboys who trumpet and wholly discern between "A", "B", and experimental teams. All the while celebrate koreografija, hools, and flares as if those distractions actually mean anything.

#25 ·
Bit of a bitter stance, Sarma.

And I'd rather see/experience a good atmosphere than a crowd full of obese people chanting 'defence', 'defence' every other minute. :D

I'm excited by the new season, Dule. This side is better than anything we've brought forth in the last 20 years IMO and accompanied by a very good coach. Good draw for the first round and God willing I'll be there in BG for the home game in the final qualifying round, like you and Mara from what I read. :thumbsup (1):

#27 ·
Bit of a bitter stance, Sarma.

And I'd rather see/experience a good atmosphere than a crowd full of obese people chanting 'defence', 'defence' every other minute.

I'm excited by the new season, Dule. This side is better than anything we've brought forth in the last 20 years IMO and accompanied by a very good coach. Good draw for the first round and God willing I'll be there in BG for the home game in the final qualifying round, like you and Mara from what I read.
LOL. Yeah, I really do come across as bitter. Damn.

#26 ·
Ibanez has been sold for €1.4m. Seems a low sum but we do get to keep him for the qualifiers.

We've also got a ready made replacement as well.

I love Ibanez and he's fantastic going forward but I think we've often overlooked his defensive deficiencies throughout the season because he's so popular with the fans.

#28 ·
Marko Poletanovic - confirmed - on loan with an option to buy:

Vanja Vucicevic also confirmed:

#29 ·
Please tell me we do not have the same shirt 3 years in a row??

Grujic is with liverpool now?? Thought we were keeping for the summer :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.