Xtratime Community banner

701 - 720 of 723 Posts

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Took a little longer than expected, but still a routine win. Mitrovic with a good game, Djenka continuing his fine form. :thumbsup:

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Big win in the Cup today, 4-1 away to Cukaricki. Good response after the away game in Krusevac. Also, good to see the Grof showing some life and taking out Ruiz who's been shite recently. Srnic started and played pretty well. That was the first leg; the second leg will be at the Marakana. Barring any serious slip-ups we will be in the cup final for the first time in 5 years.

Also, watched a bit of the basketball derby; that's about as routine as it gets. And to think we haven't had Jovic for three months now...

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Ruiz has individual quality. Some of his shots have single handedly won us tough games... think Krusevac away earlier in the season and Vojvodina at home earlier in the season. However, I think it's evident he doesn't try hard enough to get that last 5-10% out of his body and that's why he is where he is.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Only took him 30 matches to realize that Ruiz is trash.
There's probably a clause in his contract which allows him to start/play a certain number of games when he signs for the club. The lower down you are as a club in the chain, the bigger the chance an agent can force things like this upon the club.

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
promising right off the start milijas header from in front of goal somehow was saved, followed by couple more decent opportunities to score. milijas really should have put it through the gk, aggressive start nonetheless

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
vozdovac 2-0 ht

lol. choke now gift partizan the title like this. unbelievable how careless, sloppy, soft, how easily givin the ball away at this stage of the season.

had a fair share of chances to score atleast 2, 3.. and there i am praising for such a hungry/determined approach way we kicked the game off.

meeh ****kk this is too frustrating for me at this time of the night. tv off good luck and bye

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #709
So much for us fixing the league...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Good riddance and I don't want a bought title either way. :stuckup:

Now get a coach who can work with youngsters and actually build something. That'll also get the fans back as there would be a genuine connection with our youth players, unlike these mercenaries and hasbeens.

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
He left the same way that he coached in big games, like a coward.

Grof brought some stability and consistency to Zvezda and respect to him for that but fresh blood is badly needed.

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
it is pretty clear there are problem in this zvezda is more than a new coach it seems. theres no spark, aggression or will to play with hunger to win. FVCKING pathetic that we have to rely on penalties to score not to mention the amount of own goals. seriously embarrassing and sad to watch that soft sh!t. hope things improve by new season cos this is a fricken joke right now. :/

about time grof took off! besides whatever else he may have brought to zvezda he's also certainly part of the reason for such weak and soft performances.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #714
Wouldn't be so sure, it's hard for a coach to come in and change things so quickly.

Besides there's a lot of players who are loyal to Bozovic in the dressing room and not quite sure they'll give it their all sadly.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
That's why we need a big clean up this summer. Djurovski definitely has the right idea. Bring in the youngsters who are at least hungry if nothing else. :thumbsup:

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
After years I've given up on Zvezda ever giving the kids a real chance, one or 2 may break in here and there but the mediocre foreigner policy is here to stay.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #717
We did give kids a chance, they were all just sold very very quickly.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Ex-Cuka manager Milojevic mentioned as possible new coach. I remember Cukaricki playing nice football under him, for a while he went with 3 at the back, but later on he switched to 4. He also worked successfully in our youth ranks before that.

Looking at his record Vs Zvezda as a Cuka manager it's 2-1-2, which is very solid.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Milojevic had an amazing season with his club in Greece, Panionios, a team which heavily relies on youngsters because of financial problems. Imo they played the best football in the league and not only that, but they also had a shot at winning the championship after a great run in the second round. Eventually they advanced to Europa League qualification under him for the first time after like 10 years if I'm not mistaken.

That's a great signing, I'm sure he could lead you back to glory.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Amazing, after two years we are back at square one. No title, team with no potential, so many players brought in that have contributed nothing, no youngsters...

Partizan already with a huge head start and while we rebuild they'll probably win another title or two. I am not even talking about Europe, that is just a dream for us for a long time now and will remain that way for many years.

#FML

701 - 720 of 723 Posts