Xtratime Community banner

681 - 700 of 723 Posts

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Sickening to lose out on the play-offs with a 16-14 record. After everything we've been through this season..

It's clear we missed Jovic a lot during this final run. We're strong enough to take the ABA league without him, but on the highest level it definitely hurt us a lot.

Now let's focus on Cedevita and take it all out on them, after that the domestic league and that's that. During the off-season try to keep the core of the side together and try to bring in some quality players. Also let a couple of them go, thinking of Wolters, Bjelica, maybe Thompson too.

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
daamn what a huge disappointment i truly thought we were going to make it through.
but its been quite obvious we really fell off our game as of late.. what a shame :/

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
It's heartbreaking after the season we've had not to go through but I'm very very proud of this team.

Ultimately we lacked a bit of fire power from the wings as well as a consistent scorer once Jovic went down. If we had a Miller type this season then I have no doubt we make it for example. Not sure what happened to Guduric last night, almost as if he got scared which is so strange after him being so key in so many big games lately.

Massive focus on the ABA now. Games come thick and fast, Monday, Tuesday in Pionir, Thursday, Friday (if needed) in Zagreb I think. Ultimately these set of games is the most important to us.

I think we'll have an interesting summer if we are back in the EL though. Final 4 is in BG next year after all.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Routine win after a poor start. In less than 24 hours we play the second game and I'm counting on a similar outcome.

81-66

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
total domination. +23 at half time. 9/15 3pt and from 6 steals we converted all 6. more like that type of game we've seen this zvezda display where we control every aspect and almost everyone doing good things. beauty to watch :)

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
noticed volters seems to cop more criticism from commentators than any one else, even when they really are bad enough to be worthy of mention lol poor cvnt

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Yeah, Nate has really stepped up his game these last two matches. Djenka again fantastic and Branko Lazic a defensive beast! The new Stefan Markovic for the NT? Surely he'll at least get a chance to fight for a spot.

In 2 days we play the third game in ZG. Would be really nice if we could sweep the series and save us some hassle.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Easy win in Zagreb accompanied by a large group of our own fans! :proud:

Another year, another title, another EL birth! Well done Radonja and the squad! :worship:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #692
Champs.

I've never seen a league as dominated as we did to this one. Only 2 defeats all season, a points difference of over 500 and an average winning margin of 16.7. Simply unbelievable!!

Really is a shame that we didn't make the EL Play Offs.

Football team won today and will go into the play off part of the season with a 3 point lead. Believe that means that we can afford to lose the Derbi and still win the league. Hopefully Grof goes for it this time round but I doubt it somehow.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Derbi 154 at home with about 15k fans max

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
Grof needs to go one way or another...

Same faults and issues in every major game this season yet no signs of improvement or even a will to do so.

I'm sure he'll blame everyone but himself again...

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
That was a sickening display, Partizan were up 3-1 and were still showing more urgency than us. Grof has got to go I am so tired of his trash big game "planning". He's a toothless manager plain and simple.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Can't even watch the football games any more and it seems like most fans agree with that. Grof is so annoying for a guy who is so inept tactically. Slavisa Stojanovic was Klopp compared to him, let alone someone like Robi or Lalat who had to work with more limited squads.

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
That was a sickening display, Partizan were up 3-1 and were still showing more urgency than us. Grof has got to go I am so tired of his trash big game "planning". He's a toothless manager plain and simple.
word.. one annoying irritating mufu!

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Spoke with my brother at length today about the Grof... seems like all the fans are in agreement that he should be replaced at the end of the season. But let's wait and see; there's a very interesting end to the season. I wonder what the chances are of us landing a title and cup double. At this point they seem minimal, but a loss to the stoka might have been the kick up the arse the whole squad needed mentally. We'll see.

There were also some very interesting comments made by Terzic today in Sportski Zurnal. Seems like Kanga and Boakye are staying with Ruiz, Le Tallec and possibly Donald leaving. I'm in favor of that as currently I'm of the opinion that Le Tallec and Ruiz don't really care.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
It's less about the squad and more about the lack of tactical preparation before a game. Not to mention we don't have a fitness coach and our players are suitable for maybe 20 mins of good football against decent opposition.

We got a win against Napredak at the weekend but again it was far from ideal. Only bright spot was Plavsic really who scored a great goal.

Vojvodina this weekend...need 3 points, don't really care about anything else at this stage.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #700
First KLS Derbi is tonight as we've reverted back to the standard format.

Believe it starts at 20h CET. Should be on Arena.

681 - 700 of 723 Posts