Xtratime Community banner

661 - 680 of 723 Posts

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
Not bad for a friendly but I think Spartak came to BG without 9 first team players.

Not withstanding we looked good at times and Kanga has definitely improved his form as of late.
yep true true i just love choreographies this one (for a friendly) was nice i thought.
and just the atmosphere (even though a friendly) from both sides seemed on the
same wave, so much unity showed

yeah kanga def lookin sharp for us lately

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
flipping channels to see whats on and here i tune in zvezda playing spartak moscow (which i didnt know was even on) right in time to see kanga equalise at 1-1 with a great goal :)
Where were you flipping channels? This was on your tv or?

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Who stabbed the Russian fan?

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
I read it was those horrible c*nts from down the road - sounds like something they'd do.

Horrible performance and defeat in Podgorica tonight. Really need to improve for Friday if we want to turn things around in EL but also next Tuesday vs Buducnost.

Really is looking poor at the minute.

Only Guduric was good, with 17 points, Wolters had 11. Simonovic was a disgrace, seems like the hype has got to him

Jovic played more but no where near on the level we need him to be. His injury really has put us out of sync.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
I've got faith in this group. We will show up when most needed. The character of Radonjic will shine through.

In regards to this weekend, we face Spartak Subotica at the Marakana on Saturday afternoon. The in-form player for them is Ognjen Mudrinski who keeps on scoring but given his limited pace I think Frimpong and Lukovic should be able to cover him. *knock on wood*

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Will be tough without Jovic, but with the home crowd behind us we can do this!

Meanwhile Brose up 11 at HT. :pray:

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Game going to OT. Brose had +5 with a minute to go, gave that away, had the final attack for the win and Miller fluffed it. :mad:

If Brose lose here, even a win Vs Unics won't mean anything to us.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
And Darussafaka pull out the win. :yuck:

Hate to be a pessimist, but IMO this is over. The Unics game has become pointless now and looking at Darussafaka, they can shoot, they can go inside. Defence isn't top notch, but with the refs on their side and our poor form, we're ****ed.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #669
Refs called some real bullshit in the second half and especially in OT. That missed call with about a minute to go...wow.

I have complete faith in our team but have zero faith in us getting fair treatment over there.

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
Only have ourselves to blame for this situation, and the refs :D but also ourselves.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Very good win tonight, if only for confidence ahead of the most important week of the season. Gudura's shooting was fantastic. It would mean a lot to our game if he could keep this form.

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Milijas with his 200th game for Zvezda :proud:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
I only saw yesterday's highlights of the football but we looked good from them. A lot of chances created and we really should have scored more.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
I watched the full 90 minutes live yesterday morning and can say that we are looking better and better from an attacking perspective. However, one thing keeps being apparent and that is the lackluster team motivation after we have taken the lead. Spartak played much better football than the score indicates and on another day the game could have ended square. They really came to play football and the absences of Andjelkovic and Ruiz were definitely felt throughout the match as Djordje Ivanovic, the Spartak No. 10 gave Ristic a very difficult game who was playing in his first start in at least 4 months. Ivanovic also scored a very nice goal.

The lack of incessant, collective pressing after we have a team on the backfoot is one of the most demotivating things about watching us a side. Yesterday we were 1-0 up in both the first half and at the beginning of the second half yet we started to drop back and let Spartak back into the match and they ended up scoring, which was fully deserved. The biggest culprits for me were Damien Le Tallec, Mitchell Donald, Guelor Kanga, and Mihailo Ristic. The defensive midfielders didn't do a good job pressing further up the pitch and Kanga didn't do a great job either. Vujaklija and Plavsic tried the high press but got no support and ultimately we were driven back at which point Spartak equalized.

The more I watch this team the more I think we either need to move Le Tallec to center back where he did a solid job in the first half of the season or sell him in the summer. Donald is a great player, and he needs a more dynamic player next to him for Kanga to also be truly effective. I really do think that Racic could be the answer in that position next season but it's evident that Le Tallec and Donald can't function when a team fully attacks us.

The bright spot was obviously Vujaklija who made a couple of smart runs and was very effective with limited service. His finish for the second goal was brilliant and something I immediately thought Sikimic, Orlandic or Pavkov would not be able to finish. I sincerely hope that Vujaklija's game yesterday means we'll see more of him. He makes me think he is one of those players that might not be the most highly skilled, but his work rate, motivation and clinical ability in front of goal means he is a perfect fit up front where we really do need a finisher.

I also don't understand why so many RSB forum members were critical of his arrival at our stadium this winter. He was one of the best forwards last season in our league, made our defense look horrible in three fixtures and deserves to be where he is. I really do hope the days of Sikimic and Orlandic are over.

Lastly, an honorable mention to Nemanja Milic who played his best game in a Zvezda shirt since his winter move from Spartak. His pace and directness were much appreciated and he linked up very well with Petkovic several times. Up next for us is a tough away match to Rad before we play our last game of the 'regular season' against Borac Cacak at home. After the Cacak fixture we enter the play-off phase where we'll play one game each against the top 8 teams.

One last mention should go out to Ivan Ilic, who at 16 years old made his debut for Red Star and in the process became the youngest player in our history to ever make his debut. At the same time, he only played for 20 seconds coming on late in injury time so we have no idea how good he is. I thought it was an interesting situation as there are many more players in our U19's that seem more talented, such as his brother Luka Ilic, so I'm unsure how good he'll be. It was also nice to see Luka Adzic on the bench again. I really hope he can nail down a first team spot in the summer. Something tells me we'd be wise to invest in his future.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #676
Game vs Buducnost about to tip off. Hugely important we win.

Game is being played in Zeleznik as a result of Davis Cup tennis being played in Pionir later this week.

No Jovic tonight or in Istanbul. Probably not for the foreseeable future either.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Rough start, leaving them too open on the 3 point line so far, a number of wrong calls by the refs and we haven't really gotten our shot going. Down 11 after the first quarter.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Still down 11 at HT.

Improved our defence in the second quarter, but our offence is still lacking. Only Simon looks really up for this so far.

We need to step up big time if we want to advance here. Refs are now pretty fair since there's a gap between the teams, but I have no doubt they'll make their mark again if we manage to get close.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
-6 after 3, came back strong, even had a chance to tie the game, but in the final attack they got a (deserved) +1 and we didn't get an obvious foul call in the last seconds of the quarter.

661 - 680 of 723 Posts