Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with Red Star after all. I have been looking forward literally for years to getting a chance to manage Red Star. Besides, I have managed River Plate lots of times in the past, and I have managed AC Milan countless times.

In regards to setting the game up, though I am happy that there are many more leagues from which to choose such as Colombia and Czech Republic and Ukraine, I obviously cannot run all of them. So I have decided to go with the traditional setup, and run Croatia, England, Germany, Italy, Serbia & Montenegro, and Spain (England, Germany, Italy, and Spain, because I always run those, and Croatia because of its proximity to Serbia. Had there been a Slovenian and Bosnian league, I would have run those too).

Maybe in the future I'll have a "South American only" game with Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico (OK, technically Central); and an "Eastern European only" game with Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, and Ukraine.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
missed this thread :eek:

Oh well, remember what I said in the other thread and good luck in re-capturing CZ's position of European and World Champion.

And if you'd like some background info on Zvezda or you have any questions, be sure to ask. ;)

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
DerbyCounty said:
How much transfer money does Red Star have? probably much more than Hajduk and Dinamo combined!
I'm actually too far into my game to remember exactly, but if I recall correctly it's about 2 million euro's.

Never actually tried 'ajduk or Dinamo :tongue: but I doubt there's a gap and if there is it's probably not too big.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Drulo. :)

I currently have 1.4 million pounds available, which is about 2 million Euros. I don't know about CM 03/04, but in CM 01/02 Hajduk and Dinamo were never bad off with their finances. So the finances are probably comparable.

By the way, Drulo, how is the Serbian league in regards to prize money and ticket prices? With GOSK in my previous game, I rarely received any prize money from the league and the ticket prices were very low. I had to get into the Champions League to make a profit.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Only 1,5 million euro tv revenue.

Ticket prizes won't help you much either considering the fact you have an average attendance of 5.000 and at the derbies you get upto 15.000 which is very poor by SI considering the fact IRL we usually draw over 40.000 spectators.

But there will be interest from abroad for your players and their offers won't be bad and any kind of interesting CL or UEFA Cup match will bring the people to the stadium and get you upto 800.000 euro's a match.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a very low attendance, considering real life attendances and the stadium's total capacity.

I am currently still in pre-season. I've signed a few players on frees, and am currently trying to sign Todorov from Litex (since Drac's had so much success with him).

I am experimenting with the formations and team instructions; 4-3-3 with Attacking Mentality seems to work well. I think a 4-4-2 might be better, though. I am not familiar with any "super" formations for this game, so I'll stick to the basics for now.

As for the speed, it seems very acceptable. It's certainly faster than I anticipated, especially running several leagues with full detail.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
How many total leagues can your system run? It took about 2 hours to set up my first game, running 9 leagues. I picked England Div 2 up, France 2 up, Italy C1 up and Holland 1st only =9. I wish there was a Romanian league, I would have run that aswell. :( Can't believe they include Indonesia, Hong Kong, Australia and Singapore but not Romania, Qatar and Korea.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:eek:

When I started the River game, I went a bit over the top with selecting leagues and was told I should limit myself to 21 divisions. With the Red Star game I was told 16. This CM seems to be a bit strange in that way, because it is very resource intensive and can actually crash if you start and exit several times without rebooting.

Anyway, Croatia 2, England 4, Germany 2, Italy 2, Serbia 2, Spain 2. That's only 14, but all with Full Detail. It took less than 10 minutes to set up.

The reason I have 14 only is not because of what the game told me, but rather because I first wanted to see how fast it would run and because I wanted to run all the leagues with Full Detail.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The deal for Todorov fell through because Litex wanted 1.3 million, and I had already spent 500k on a left full-back from Russia's Saturn. As good a player he is supposed to be, it is not terrible, however, as my current attack is very respectable. Igor Bogdanovic is especially good.

Looking through lists of players, renegotiating contracts, getting to know the game, and taking breaks in between, we aren't moving at a brisk pace and just played our first league game. We beat Sartid 2-0, delighting the board, so we're off to a good start.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Whoosh! :eek: 14 divisions in full detail in 10 minutes??? :eek: You must have some super fast computer. What is its spec?

I am on 1Ghz, 40GB, 184MB RAM and a :yuck: 32 bit graphics card.

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
aye tim must have a fast computer, cause it takes me two-five mins to load up one countries league on medium database

i have a 1.6 ghz :eek:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I always pick large database.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 with 512 megs of ram. Also, I'm using only the medium database, which makes it run faster.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
What is the difference between the database size and the "full detail" feature? And what do they add to anyway?

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The database size dictates how many players are present in the game, while the Full Detail feature causes the games and goings-on of a particular league to be simulated as accurately as possible. Without the Full Detail feature the game gives less attention to a league, and results, transfers, and finances can be unrealistic. There'll also be no detailed reports as far as I am aware, or 2D pitch highlights.

The database size affects mostly the non-active leagues, i.e. with the minimum database only the top players of the top clubs of the non-active leagues are present, while the Full Detail feature can only be used with active leagues.

As I have just found out, the Full Detail feature can make things very slow. With the leagues I am running, a match day can take anywhere from two to five minutes to simulate. If this keeps up, I may have to restart the game once more because that's over the top.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By the way, we beat Malmö in the first leg of the UEFA Cup preliminary round, but then lost 0-1 to Partizan. Losing one of the most important games of the year... :wallbang:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Tim said:
The database size dictates how many players are present in the game, while the Full Detail feature causes the games and goings-on of a particular league to be simulated as accurately as possible. Without the Full Detail feature the game gives less attention to a league, and results, transfers, and finances can be unrealistic. There'll also be no detailed reports as far as I am aware, or 2D pitch highlights.

The database size affects mostly the non-active leagues, i.e. with the minimum database only the top players of the top clubs of the non-active leagues are present, while the Full Detail feature can only be used with active leagues.

As I have just found out, the Full Detail feature can make things very slow. With the leagues I am running, a match day can take anywhere from two to five minutes to simulate. If this keeps up, I may have to restart the game once more because that's over the top.
My matchday takes about 15 seconds maximum on less detail, and no I don't get the highlights of any other league but my own and the ones which are presented to me like CL/UEFA Cup and International tournaments. I always watch Romania's qualifyers. :)

I think I prefer full database with less detail because I don't have so many leagues selected and I don't want players left out.

About Partizan, do you still have the 2nd leg or did you lose on agg.? Make sure you beat them in the league. :)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the thing. I get many of the results from other leagues presented to me. Also, all of the things that are simulated at my club, such as the details of the matches, the transfers, the injuries, and so forth, are also simulated at every club in every league where I've chosen to turn on Full Detail. Part of the reason for why I turned it on in the first place is because it needs to be on in order for me to be able to manage in other leagues, at least according to the game. Of course I want to stay with Red Star for a long time, but I'd always like to have the option of playing in another league as well.

I've been playing for about three hours today, and the game is still only near the end of August. That shows how slow things go, even on this machine.

I don't know... I might just restart with all the same leagues but with Full Detail in only mine.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I started a new game, keeping the same leagues but choosing Full Detail only for Serbia. I won't delete the other game just yet, however. First I want to see how great the difference in speed is. If it is minimal, I'll go back to the old game. If it is substantial, I'll delete the old game and stick to this one.

By the way, my calculation regarding the number of divisions I am running was inaccurate. I forgot that some of the divisions are divided into regional groups, each of which counts as a division. Therefore, I was and am actually running 18 divisions. That makes the set up time more impressive, but also explains the lack of speed in the game even better.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts