Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
it will be hard to find, do you believe that the game was not transmited in Brasil? Not on free tv not on cable :eek:

But I heard Cruzeiro played a bad match

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
it was showed to Minas Gerais. Kaiser is video-man, i bet he will get it

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
That was a nice win by Cruzeiro yesterday. I liked the team top to bottom except their defense on the right side.

Cruzeiro's RB was too busy trying to be a playmaker and completely ignored his defending duties.

Cruzeiro's #8 is quite the asset, wouldn't you say? He seemed to recover all the balls in the midfield for the Mineiraos.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
YOu can see all the Cruzeiro goals and also the highlights

The goals are in a link called "netgol' in a page called superesportes (thank you Mineiro giant)

http://www.superesportes.com.br/netgol/index_html.html

the highlights are called "compactos" and you can find them by clicking the adecuate link on the left sid of the page. They are nt of the best quality but I am thankful for what I have

About the "bad game of Cruzeiro" (It is open to discussion of course) that is the way Real madrid won some of their titles, I mean playing "bad" in some games and winning, and I am not referring to the gifts from the referees.

I think, furthermore, that a club that is capable of "virada" is capable of winning titles (A general remark)

Another general remark: Do not judge about a maraton by the first mile

You can hear all the games of Cruzeiro and Atletico Mineiro in the following link

www.itatiaia.com.br

also a following in writing minute a minute in the following link

http://www.cruzeiro.org/aovivo.html

Hope I helped

:)

About the defence, I did not have the privilege to see the game but I heard the radio transmission of this game and all others Cruzeiro games/ I had the impression tha the left side was the problem. Correct me if I am wrong' I understood that if the adversary can score all almost score using his right side' it is the left side of the Cruziero defense, Please cleare the matter and excuse me if I am wrong. Anyway,this problem should be solve in the midfield level, isn't it? I am sure the coach will find the right solution:star:

BTW the game was ttansmitted by TV that is why the Minerao was half empty in spite of the relatively cheap tickets.

P.S. How do you say virada in English?

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
About the "bad game of Cruzeiro" (It is open to discussion of course) that is the way Real madrid won some of their titles, I mean playing "bad" in some games and winning, and I am not referring to the gifts from the referees.
It was a bad game because Cruzeiro still slow and they are not in the shape and the "timing" yet. Luxemburgo will change his middlefield for other games because they lack combat there and luxemburgo does not like it. Cruzeiro won a lot of games like that last year.Gomes saved a few then in a free kick or corner kick they scored and take control of the game speed.

I think, furthermore, that a club that is capable of "virada" is capable of winning titles (A general remark)
No doubt, but Virada is when you are losing and end winning. That did not happened :)

Anyway,this problem should be solve in the midfield level, isn't it? I am sure the coach will find the right solution
The solution will happen when he bring back his hounddog , Augusto Recife...

i think virada is "comeback"...

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
Backfired (it was Russia man), he even played yesterday.

I will tell you again, You can not trust what come from Cruzeiro :D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Russia, Korea... same difference in this case. He was going to an unknown league. If it backfired, it's good news for Luxa.

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
Well, one people get pneumonia (Did you heard the sad news about Alberto ?) other people get just the money (Not like augusto is miss like Daniel will be)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Augusto Recife played yesterday

He entered about the middle of the second half. Did he go to Corea today?

As for you, JCamilo, in spite of being a Galo fan, you have some truth about Cruzeiro lacking speed, but with the changes that were made the team got more speed and the game was won. Jussie scored his second goal for this year.

And you are right about the "virada" , what I meant was that they were leading, then Caracas equalized and they came back to win... well. You understood.

The "timing" and everything will improve , it is improving with every game. There are a some new pieces in the puzzle. I do not no why but I have a good gut feeling about them.

As to the midfield , Recife got the number 16 and Felipe Melo no. 5 , so it seems that Recife will strat from the bench in spite of the protests of the Mafia Azul. The coach may use him as a change when more contention is requested.

It is too early ,anyhow ,to make an evaluation of Cruzeiro or any other team for this matter

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
Alberto had surgery yesterday, his lungs are very bad, pneumony, the doctors in russia did not found what was out. Very bad but he seems to be going ok and wants to come back to Santos.

Augusto was old news, that he would be sold. Luxemburgo's teams always play with two DM to do a hard work, I see Felipe losing his place unless he can add more combat.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
JCamilo said:
Augusto was old news, that he would be sold. Luxemburgo's teams always play with two DM to do a hard work, I see Felipe losing his place unless he can add more combat.
I doubt Felipe Mello will work in there, to be honest.

Luxemburgo usually employs a pair of very technical defensive mids, both being able to distribute the game from deep... but one of these two always plays as "anchor man" in front of the defs, often dropping back to become a third defender, as a way to give freedom to the wingbacks. In the 93-94 Palmeiras it was Cesar Sampaio, in the 99-2000 Corinthians it was Rincon... and in 2003 it was Recife.

Now, I think it would be a mistake to push Maldonado back that far, because he's more useful stealing balls in the midfield. Which leads to the question, CAN Felipe Mello do that "anchor" job, which frequently involves man-marking and total dedication to defense? I've never seen him in that role...

And about Alberto... let's pray that he recovers fully from that illness. :hopefull: :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
this technical stuff is a bit a legend that luxemburgo and his friends in the media keep saying to make look like he is a coach with open game as tele...
Those technical dm included people like FLavio Conceicao, Amaral, Emerson, Gilmar and the late Augusto Recife. He always have a anti-game player to deliever some combat - the big expection was Palmeiras where Cesar and Mazinho did the job in the two first years...

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Agree with you Jcamilo.

Even when he was the Brazil manager he used to put 3 DM ( Emerson, Vampeta & Ze Roberto as the third man).

This Libertadores is gonna be good.... hope Cruzeiro win it and leave Santos & Sao Paulo sucking their fingers;)

Luz, are you rooting for Cruzeiro now that Rivaldo is their?? Are you living in Brazil?:confused: ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Even when he was the Brazil manager he used to put 3 DM ( Emerson, Vampeta & Ze Roberto as the third man).
That isn't a 3-DM midfield. Ze Roberto was never a DM. Being able to defend doesn't make him a DM.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts