Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool's 'best' striker has been very poor of late, is it his fault or the fault of the manager for rating so highly that Liverpool cannot score goals and therefore get vital wins?

The last important goal that the lanky retard scored was against United in the FA Cup which proved vital. He has 1 goal in 13 matches and yet many experts believe that he should be partnering Rooney for England instead of Owen or Defoe. I know that Defoe has been even worse but he certainly is a player of more quality and ability.

IMO, he is a decent player but cannot be the answer for neither Liverpool or England.

Feel free to critise either him or me for such a thread. :)

·
1st Tier Poster
48,889 Posts
I like the thread title. :)

Anyway, there's something strange about Liverpool's addiction with strikers who score once per 10 games. First Heskey and now Crouch. They might be "hardworking" but the fact remains that they're neither prolific goalmachines or creative.They're more suited to clubs like Leicester and Southampton and seeing them start for Liverpool seems like a major screwup from someone's part.

The fact that they both became starters for England only adds for the joke.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Crouch is useful for the team as a sub. In the World Cup he can come and create some havoc at the end of games with his enormous size. I think thats what Sven is going to use him for. Owen is his golden boy and Rooney is their only real hope.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Crouch is quite important for England. He's a new target for Defenders,so Owen or whoever can sneak a goal. I'd never take Wayne off for him though + he shouldn't be a regular starter for liverpool.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
He plays better then Cisse and Morientes, therefore he should start instead of them. At least he tries whenever he enters the pitch. And he is always dangerous, if they had a great goalgetter next to him, I think Liverpool would have been very dangerous in the league and Champions League, because lets face it, whenever Crouch plays he holds off 2 defenders just due to his size. And he is not to bad with the ball in his feet either.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I dont like Crouch he doesnt deserve to be in Liverpool,i dont know how many chances he needs to score a goal. But its funny to look at him run with that height :)
Nobody of Liverpool attackers is good enough ill say

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
ninetyfive said:
Crouch is quite important for England. He's a new target for Defenders,so Owen or whoever can sneak a goal. I'd never take Wayne off for him though + he shouldn't be a regular starter for liverpool.
This is such rubbish. The guy can't head the ball for shit, what the hell kind of use is a target man who is utterly useless in the air? Bent is a better header (scored another), Ashton is an aerial god compared to Crouch, Beattie is better in the air, that 'tossbag Davies is better in the air. If we REALLY wanted a target man (which is BS btw) then there are several dozen who are better at it. I mean that clear and free header he had against Arsenal that he didn't even get on target is one of countless examples that just keep showing up.

And Bent is far better as a sub than sodding Crouch, he has actual energy and is proven to score goals from the subs bench.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
He has been shit the whole time. The goals he scored in the past is what you call 'Retards luck'. Unfortunately that luck has run out.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Simply not good enough at the highest level. No matter how much his 'presence' is talked up, as a footballer he is decidedly average.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Hence is the reason why Liverpool need some quality forwards upfront,Morientes,Cisse,Fowler and crouch all don't score anough and can't be relied upon.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Mendieta said:
I've never liked Crouch. Maybe cause I've never been a fan of tall lanky uncoordinated forwards. The guy reminds me of John Cleese playing football.
:howler: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I think it speaks volumes about Benitez's aspirations as Liverpool manager.

Scenario: Liverpool win the Champions League 2005, how do we capitalize on this success?
Benitez: "Sign Crouch & Fowler"

Kudos on the thread name, Vedz, you should work for a tabloid paper. :)

Incidentally, I find it criminal that Crouch can possibly be selected for England ahead of someone with talent, like Ashton, for example.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I'll be perfectly honest I dont rate him at all, he done well at S'Hampton but regretfully I think he is out of his depth in Liverpool.

I've seen him play quite a bit at his times in Liverpool but I cant honestly think of one performance that stood out, in a good way that is.

Usually when I say these things the player comes back straight away and proves me wrong so theres hope yet Liverpool ;)

I just dont think he is the answer, not now, not in 5 years.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Crouch is the worst forward I have seen playing for a "top" side. Frankly I cant realy call liverpool a topside when a guy like that starts for them.
I havent seen his much though, but when I have I dont think I ever saw him get a shoot on goal and header? not bloody liekly

1 - 20 of 29 Posts