Xtratime Community banner

Crotone - Lazio: Win or Sweat All Week

988 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Nerazzurri4life 
#1 ·
So here it is, the chance to make the CL after coming short time after time in the last decade. Win and we are there. Don't win and we will need to get a point against Inter next week. Sassuolo's unlikely victory gives us a huge chance to avoid a nerve-wrecking game next week but this being Lazio, we are likely to blow it.

Immobile, Parolo and Luis Alberto are out injured which is a big problem, to put it mildly. We need SMS and Anderson to come up big. Murgia just isn't good enough at this point of his career but he will probably play because we don't really have any quality CMs on our bench. And I don't even want to think what will happen if Lucas picks a yellow card, gets suspended for next week and we fail to win.

Crotone will probably go for the win too because a point doesn't do them much good either. But our defence was so dire against Atalanta last week that this might not be good for us.

FORZA LAZIO and please win!

#2 ·
So far, so bad. We got the lead because Crotone conceded a really stupid penalty, then practically stopped playing and a typical Lazio mistake at the back allowed an equaliser. Then we started pressing and missed some great chances. I say put in Nani for Murgia, we need goals and he is on a yellow (which was a joke, IMO but still we can't afford to go down to 10 men).

#3 ·
Man wtf is going on, I think I found bigger bottlers then even Inter today, ridicolous :D

#4 ·
A bunch of losers, that's what this team is. If we choke against Inter too I swear I won't bother watching them anymore. If we had bought an actual forward instead of this Caicedo clown we wouldn't have looked so helpless without Ciro. Not that the rest of the team did much, we would have lost except for a goal-line clearance by De Vrij. But the point does us absolutely no good and I give it at least 70% chance of choking next week. But that's fine because this would be an incentive for me to stop following this joke of a team.

#5 ·
A bunch of losers, that's what this team is. If we choke against Inter too I swear I won't bother watching them anymore. If we had bought an actual forward instead of this Caicedo clown we wouldn't have looked so helpless without Ciro. Not that the rest of the team did much, we would have lost except for a goal-line clearance by De Vrij. But the point does us absolutely no good and I give it at least 70% chance of choking next week. But that's fine because this would be an incentive for me to stop following this joke of a team.
Meh, you are just saying this because you are angry.

#6 ·
I almost did it a year or two ago and if they choke once again I will totally do it, mark my words. Most football games bore me to tears anyway these days, so much time wasting and theatrics, same big teams winning and becoming richer and better. I have not watched a single full match that was not a Lazio match in years and most Lazio matches I watch with one eye on my phone, so...

Reactions: Los Che Forever
#8 ·
I am not bored by football at all, despite Inter not winning anything in years. Longer than Lazio actually..

Meh, you are just saying this because you are happy.
Nah, even if Lazio beat us next Sunday I will still look forward to Inter's pre-season and season.

#13 ·
So Lazio didn't win anything more recently than Inter even though they obviously did? Gotta wonder what the logic behind this gem was...

We were given a miraculous favour by Sassuolo and couldn't take advantage of it. That performance really was atrocious. Of course we'd still have won if Caicedo wasn't total waste of space, but the team was incredibly disorganised all game long.

Now we must hope Ciro will make a recovery. Even at 50 percent he's a much better player than Caicedo. And let's see whether De Vrij plays on Sunday. Many at Lazio have bad memories of the way we lost the CL spot to Inter in 2014 when Mancini switched teams...

Will be a huge match once more between Lazio and Inter on the final day. Poborsky, Hernanes...who will join that club? There's no doubt that we've been the better team all season long, but the squad is too thin and performances too inconsistent. This is what we deserve and we have to take the final match ball. At home and we only need to avoid a loss. We must do it.

#14 ·
So Lazio didn't win anything more recently than Inter even though they obviously did? Gotta wonder what the logic behind this gem was...

We were given a miraculous favour by Sassuolo and couldn't take advantage of it. That performance really was atrocious. Of course we'd still have won if Caicedo wasn't total waste of space, but the team was incredibly disorganised all game long.

Now we must hope Ciro will make a recovery. Even at 50 percent he's a much better player than Caicedo. And let's see whether De Vrij plays on Sunday. Many at Lazio have bad memories of the way we lost the CL spot to Inter in 2014 when Mancini switched teams....
2004 u mean surely?

You drew 0-0 in Milano with Inter I recall. I vaguely recall it being rather close but that was fecking 14 years ago so can't tell for sure. :D

Lazio beat us at Olimipico that season, I remember Almeyda getting sent off and protesting a lot.

Ultimately I think Inter getting Stankovic and Adriano in January from CL spot competitors Lazio and Parma respectively was what decided 4th place. Adriano in fact scored our only goal against Parma for instance.

#17 ·
Aww.. :tip:

Yes, I meant 2004, sorry for the typo. Yes, I believe it was 0-0. Miha hit the crossbar. Lazio had the CL place in a bag but choked in the end (or Mancio sabotaged the season, depending of the level of conspiracy theory one is prepared to believe). Anyway, eerily similarly to this season...
Speaking of Miha. I remember when he joined us in 2004 and in Inter-Lazio 04-05 in Milano (1-1 iirc, Adriano scored for us), we conceded a goal where he was at fault. I am too lazy to search now but I iirc the conspiracy theorist in me accused him of letting Lazio score.

Then again, he was ageing tbf.

His free kicks remained class though.

#16 ·
Yes, I meant 2004, sorry for the typo. Yes, I believe it was 0-0. Miha hit the crossbar. Lazio had the CL place in a bag but choked in the end (or Mancio sabotaged the season, depending of the level of conspiracy theory one is prepared to believe). Anyway, eerily similarly to this season...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.