Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vote just passed to allow soccer/rugby to be played at Croke Park while Lansdowne is being redeveloped. There will also be floodlights added and possibly even a retractable roof.

Surely a good thing :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
They voted to give Central Council the power to decide whats played in Croker. Far from being a done deal as far as throwing open the gates. They are also muttering about renting it out at two million a go. Cant see footy being played there to be honest. the FAI will head to Anfield and Glasgow, while the IRFU are not sure.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Theres an interesting article about this in this month's when saturday comes. If you don't have it, I can scan it for you

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'l be in croker tommorrow cheering on the boys in blue ;) Thats the Dublin GAA team by the way, not them shower of feckers from scotland :D

Áth Cliath Abú !

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Hello Irish fans :)

i just stubmbled across it.

I did see Croke park and i was wondering why you dont use it as a NT stadium. It does look much bigger and so forth..like 80,000 seater...

I thought the game was gonna be there today..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Croke Park is the stadium of the Gaelic Athletic Assocition (GAA).Gaelic Football and Hurling is an amatuer sport yet it attracts large crowds but players do not get paid, it is now open to 'foreign' sports' but it is unlikely that a soccer game will be played here within the next year, I'm looking forward to tommorrow/today when myself + 79,999 other people will go to see a great game of football involving people that dont get paid for entertainig us :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts