• Boksic

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Prosinecki

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Suker

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Tudor

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • other(please specify, yes IVO, even Vlaovic)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will be Croatia's star in WC2002?

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you, Tudor can do wonders if he plays like he can and stays injury free.

I voted Boksic, it's about time he proved his worth on the world stage, he's hungry and determined. Watch for Boka to score and assist throughout the tournament.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I want Suker to be our top player... why? he is scorer, we need a scorer to be out best player ;-)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Although Vlaovic was tempting;) I voted for Prosinecki.....he's far too great of a player not to leave his mark on a tournament like this. Last time around things didn't work out for him but this will be his year.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if Goran scored even half of his 100% chances, then Suker's measly 45 goals would pale in comparison :)

ah yes, Goran (opet sam fulo zicer) Vlaovic, good goals against Turkey and Germany though.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Boka will keep the golden boot in Croatia.

well, maybe not. But he'll be good. :cool:

·
©
7,230 Posts
For all his shots that go 30 metres wide and nearly kill somebody in the stands Vlaovic has scored some really important goals. As Ero mentioned against Turkey and Germany and I also remember versus Ukraine in the play off to get us into the last WC he scored. So leave Vlaovic alone. ;)

But we do need an attcker to step up and give us something up front.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually have respect for Goran, he's our second best striker with 20 goals, he played well for Pana some months back and has had success at club level throughout his career.

The game against Belgium, Vlaovic was among the best players (forgive the shocking lob)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Vlaovic could well turn out to be our star. Let's remember, he always got the chances, he's an intelligent player who knows how to get himself into good position.

I don't know what it is, maybe he just gets nervous when playing for Vatreni and doesn't finish very well.

If he can get past that(if that's his problem) he might score a lot of goals because he'll definately get the opportunities.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
VUGRINEC, VUGRINEC, VUGRINEC!!!

dont make me say , "i told you so"

:cool:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
JureM said:
Tudor will prove to the world what a great Defender he is.
Lets hope he doesn´t have to prove it to often.;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I voted for Boksic............dahh...:rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ero said:
if Goran scored even half of his 100% chances, then Suker's measly 45 goals would pale in comparison :)

ah yes, Goran (opet sam fulo zicer) Vlaovic, good goals against Turkey and Germany though.
Ahh......That goal against Turkey was magnific. Hot candidate for "gol decade"

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
IVO said:
Vlaovic could well turn out to be our star. Let's remember, he always got the chances, he's an intelligent player who knows how to get himself into good position.

I don't know what it is, maybe he just gets nervous when playing for Vatreni and doesn't finish very well.

If he can get past that(if that's his problem) he might score a lot of goals because he'll definately get the opportunities.
All depends if he starts or Olic...

H

·
0 Posts
Alen Boksic & Igor Tudor Croatia's Best in Korea/Japan

Igor Tudor is very talented, and will shine in the World Cup. He will prove that he is a World Class - defender. I expect him to have strong games, and even score some goals, from dead ball postions.

Alen Boksic, it's about time he proved his worth on the world stage, he's hungry and determined. Watch for Boksic to score and assist throughout the tournament.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ero said:
I I voted Boksic, it's about time he proved his worth on the world stage, he's hungry and determined. Watch for Boka to score and assist throughout the tournament.
then posted by Hrvatski Vitez :

Alen Boksic, it's about time he proved his worth on the world stage, he's hungry and determined. Watch for Boksic to score and assist throughout the tournament.

that's uncanny :eek: :dazed: ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts