·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
THE SOSA EFFECT
Talking about Sosa...an interview after the Russia game.

Euphoria in the air...

"That's how it finished up in the end, I told him [Brekalo] 'thank God your cross was bad' (laughing). When he you earn it, and we did, you get rewarded. Even if the ball didn't go in when it did, I'm certain it would've ended up in their net by the end of the game. You could feel all the positive energy, a goal was hanging in the air and it was like the whole country was celebrating even before kick-off. It's like we knew in advance that this was it and there would be no other outcome. Anything else really was impossible, the script had been written and it finished like it would in a film.

We were a billion percent prepared and dominated the Russians, it was a deserved win and would've been a great shame had we slipped down into the play-offs. The Poljud deserves credit, too. It was the best atmosphere I've ever played in, you could sense the euphoria in the air all day, those videos from downtown Split, it was wonderful. Personally, I couldn't wait for the game to start, I was doing laps around my room all day, when we finally got out on the pitch all that enthusiasm and unity guided us towards our goal. A lot of thanks to everyone involved."

Generational change...

"Due to everything that happened for me everything was more pronounced, all the emotion, the events. You know yourself that it wasn't an easy time, all kinds of things happened and that's why I'm so happy everything ended the way it did.

Honestly, I couldn't be more satisfied. Before my debut against Russia there was a lot of pressure, they were our main competition in the group and it couldn't have finished on a more positive note. In the five games I played we conceded only one goal, an own goal at that, so as a defender that gives me the most satisfaction.

The thing is we have a lot of players who have gone through all the youth selections, almost all of us played in Euros and World Cups. Graduating to the senior team is a normal step - we just picked up where we left off, we've lived for this since the age of 15. Being that we're all playing at good clubs in good leagues it just gives us that extra push. We all know each other, we click on the field and we all have just one goal - that Croatia is playing well and winning. I think it's fascinating how the transition happened because it was spontaneous but without a drop-off in results, which is otherwise logical. We're very satisfied it panned out this way."

The aim is to get out of the group...

"I agree [about big improvement in our defence]. For me, Gvardiol is the biggest talent we've ever had. I don't recall anyone playing on his level at that age, it's phenomenal. That's why I feel so good and things come easily, I just feel so secure with Joško behind me. We've clicked and I hope we'll last a long time and reach all our goals. And the whole defence? We have to keep working, that's common knowledge, we're maturing as players and with time we'll gain the experience required to get consistency and good results.

It's hard to say what to expect until the group draw, when we find out our opponents we can say more. But Croatia is never without a chance, we're in it against anyone. Regardless of who we end up with the aim will be to get out of the group, and then we'll see what kind of horizons will open up."

A potential transfer...

"A lot of people are asking me the same question. That's how it is in sport, when you start to climb it becomes logical to want more at club level. The aim, naturally, is to play in as good a club as possible. However, I'm currently a Stuttgart player and I don't have to think about these things too much. There is time."

·
No pain - No gain.
4,624 Posts
Vlasic again on the bench and after 70 mins loss against City, he still on the bench when Lanzini was prefered for replacing Benrahma, and Bowen for Masuaku... What a fuckin bad move it was for him to join this West Ham team, I don't understand his choice to return in Premier League when his experience with Everton was simply chaotic. Moyes is doing exactly the same thing than Allardyce did with him...

Lanzini, Fornals, Bowen and Benrahma are all over Vlasic... He must to find an another club asap.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Vlasic again on the bench and after 70 mins loss against City, he still on the bench when Lanzini was prefered for replacing Benrahma, and Bowen for Masuaku... What a fuckin bad move it was for him to join this West Ham team, I don't understand his choice to return in Premier League when his experience with Everton was simply chaotic. Moyes is doing exactly the same thing than Allardyce did with him...

Lanzini, Fornals, Bowen and Benrahma are all over Vlasic... He must to find an another club asap.
I think that Vlasic got there late in the transfer window did not help his cause. He got a few chances early when he got there and did not impress. Moyes really wanted Vlasic so he needs to show his quality when he gets his opportunity in Europa league. Rumors were that he came to the club not in the best of shape.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

I honestly don’t see Vlasic as a top league player…at least not from what I’ve seen.

When Vlasic plays for Hrvatska, he’s scored some important goals but most of the time, he rarely makes an impact in the game. This is only my opinion.

Soo many times he is completely out of the game, irrelevant and does nothing impactful. I expect him to be of a game changer, he had been hyped soo much, everyone has been saying he is amazing but I have not seen it.

Playing in Russia is much different than playing in any of the top 5 leagues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
No pain - No gain.
4,624 Posts
I honestly don’t see Vlasic as a top league player…at least not from what I’ve seen.

When Vlasic plays for Hrvatska, he’s scored some important goals but most of the time, he rarely makes an impact in the game. This is only my opinion.

Soo many times he is completely out of the game, irrelevant and does nothing impactful. I expect him to be of a game changer, he had been hyped soo much, everyone has been saying he is amazing but I have not seen it.

Playing in Russia is much different than playing in any of the top 5 leagues.

I 100% agree with you, but at this level, he's surely better than all these players and have his place in their starting XI (West Ham is clearly not impressive at all, despite their good place in PL). I clearly don't understand why this club wanted him, bought him and finally let him on the bench every single match. This is so stupid... The board wanted him and let him on the bench... And even if he's not a game changer, he's not an Ndombele, or Ben Arfa case.

The kid still motivated, with the desire to make something good. We're clearly not front of snake player, or a player who don't want to perform well.

Moyes is the decider, but all in all, this is a waste of money for them and a waste of time for Vlasic. I remember how all Everton fans were angry to see him quit their club when they've realized how talented he is.
The kid is talented, and if we want to see him becoming a game changer, he needs to find the right club and the right coach, because here this club will ruin his young career. And you know well that a coach is really important for helping a young player to develop well, if we take a look at his career, he never knew or met the right/good coach in his career.

To me, Moyes is a dinosaur coach, with boring tactics. And all his play is based on physicality, with a slow play boring to watch. Vlasic don't suits his vision of the game and as I said, Vlasic would be perfect in a team like AC Milan, with guys like Diaz, Saelemakers, Tonali etc...

·
No pain - No gain.
4,624 Posts
I think that Vlasic got there late in the transfer window did not help his cause. He got a few chances early when he got there and did not impress. Moyes really wanted Vlasic so he needs to show his quality when he gets his opportunity in Europa league. Rumors were that he came to the club not in the best of shape.
Yes Spidey and he had some little injuries. But you know, from what I know of Moyes, to me he's not the right coach for helping Vlasic to develop and their play don't suits the way Vlasic is playing. For me he needs to leave this club asap and join an another league like Spain or Italy.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I 100% agree with you, but at this level, he's surely better than all these players and have his place in their starting XI (West Ham is clearly not impressive at all, despite their good place in PL). I clearly don't understand why this club wanted him, bought him and finally let him on the bench every single match. This is so stupid... The board wanted him and let him on the bench... And even if he's not a game changer, he's not an Ndombele, or Ben Arfa case.

The kid still motivated, with the desire to make something good. We're clearly not front of snake player, or a player who don't want to perform well.

Moyes is the decider, but all in all, this is a waste of money for them and a waste of time for Vlasic. I remember how all Everton fans were angry to see him quit their club when they've realized how talented he is.
The kid is talented, and if we want to see him becoming a game changer, he needs to find the right club and the right coach, because here this club will ruin his young career. And you know well that a coach is really important for helping a young player to develop well, if we take a look at his career, he never knew or met the right/good coach in his career.

To me, Moyes is a dinosaur coach, with boring tactics. And all his play is based on physicality, with a slow play boring to watch. Vlasic don't suits his vision of the game and as I said, Vlasic would be perfect in a team like AC Milan, with guys like Diaz, Saelemakers, Tonali etc...
You’re probably right dalmate. My views on Vlasic are based on what I see. I don’t follow West Ham so I don’t know much about the club or players but one thing I can tell you is that Vlasic has to make the decision to start him very clear at training sessions. Players that are in form and ready to go are doing well in training sessions.

We can say one player is better than another but being effective is the key! Maybe Vlasic has more quality then the players you named but he must demonstrate those qualities on the field.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,624 Posts
You’re probably right dalmate. My views on Vlasic are based on what I see. I don’t follow West Ham so I don’t know much about the club or players but one thing I can tell you is that Vlasic has to make the decision to start him very clear at training sessions. Players that are in form and ready to go are doing well in training sessions.

We can say one player is better than another but being effective is the key! Maybe Vlasic has more quality then the players you named but he must demonstrate those qualities on the field.

I understand your words Maradona but for me, Vlasic is maybe one of the biggest competitor in our NT, he have this attitude in his blood, by the fact that all his family is presents in sport history. I don't really believe that he is not focus during training session, lazy, disinterested etc...

To me, he needs the right coach. He have the basics in his play and attitude, but his play is very specific and he needs the right coach who can use perfectly his play. He's not a winger, maybe more a second striker or an AM. But Moyes is unable to see his strengths and use them nicely, or help him to develop other aspects of his play.

The importance of the right coach is something important, when you're a player. We've seen this happen with Rebic and Kovac, Kranjcar and Redknapp, Brekalo and Juric etc... A coach must be able to stimulate you, to give the confidence in your play, the little thing that make you better day after day.

Brekalo is the right example for me, during his time at Wolfsburg, he wasn't really good to me. He had the talent, but very selfish, by times disinterested or lazy. And here under Juric, he's slowly becoming a new player. Juric knows his strengths and weaknesses, and he knows well how to help him to develop. This thing is proved by the fact that Juric has offered to Brekalo a chance to play as a winger in a first time, but also as a second striker alongside Belotti.

In the Wolfsburg team, Brekalo wasn't a key player at all, and too often very shy in his attitude on the pitch. Here, he is becoming a huge part of the Juric project, and I feel how all these circumstances help him to play better, and become a new player.

Vlasic needs this too, if we want to see him progress and becoming a better player.

As you know, some players needs these circumstances and others not. Some others players not, with players like Modric in a positive attitude and professionalism, or players like Jakic because they're highly motivated and have strong fighting spirit. But as Mourinho has said many times in his career, football is not only a story about talents but also how a coach can understand his players. Psychological aspects are for him maybe the most important things, and I think that he's right about that point.

I'm really sure that Stefano Pioli from Milan would be the right coach for him. Players like Rebic, Leao, Diaz, Saelemakers, Tonali, Hernandez have all progressed very well under his coaching and approaches. All of them had strong weaknesses and he helped them really well. He started from nowhere with all these players, and today, this team is one of the best in Italy, and slowly they're finding the right way to go.

I'm not a Vlasic fan at all, but I trust in his abilities and desire to make something with our NT, and in his club career. I remember all his passion when he scored against France in NL. The last player who had this passion after a goal was Mandza during the World Cup... and this attitude means a lot to my eyes and my vision of a player. :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I understand your words Maradona but for me, Vlasic is maybe one of the biggest competitor in our NT, he have this attitude in his blood, by the fact that all his family is presents in sport history. I don't really believe that he is not focus during training session, lazy, disinterested etc...

To me, he needs the right coach. He have the basics in his play and attitude, but his play is very specific and he needs the right coach who can use perfectly his play. He's not a winger, maybe more a second striker or an AM. But Moyes is unable to see his strengths and use them nicely, or help him to develop other aspects of his play.

The importance of the right coach is something important, when you're a player. We've seen this happen with Rebic and Kovac, Kranjcar and Redknapp, Brekalo and Juric etc... A coach must be able to stimulate you, to give the confidence in your play, the little thing that make you better day after day.

Brekalo is the right example for me, during his time at Wolfsburg, he wasn't really good to me. He had the talent, but very selfish, by times disinterested or lazy. And here under Juric, he's slowly becoming a new player. Juric knows his strengths and weaknesses, and he knows well how to help him to develop. This thing is proved by the fact that Juric has offered to Brekalo a chance to play as a winger in a first time, but also as a second striker alongside Belotti.

In the Wolfsburg team, Brekalo wasn't a key player at all, and too often very shy in his attitude on the pitch. Here, he is becoming a huge part of the Juric project, and I feel how all these circumstances help him to play better, and become a new player.

Vlasic needs this too, if we want to see him progress and becoming a better player.

As you know, some players needs these circumstances and others not. Some others players not, with players like Modric in a positive attitude and professionalism, or players like Jakic because they're highly motivated and have strong fighting spirit. But as Mourinho has said many times in his career, football is not only a story about talents but also how a coach can understand his players. Psychological aspects are for him maybe the most important things, and I think that he's right about that point.

I'm really sure that Stefano Pioli from Milan would be the right coach for him. Players like Rebic, Leao, Diaz, Saelemakers, Tonali, Hernandez have all progressed very well under his coaching and approaches. All of them had strong weaknesses and he helped them really well. He started from nowhere with all these players, and today, this team is one of the best in Italy, and slowly they're finding the right way to go.

I'm not a Vlasic fan at all, but I trust in his abilities and desire to make something with our NT, and in his club career. I remember all his passion when he scored against France in NL. The last player who had this passion after a goal was Mandza during the World Cup... and this attitude means a lot to my eyes and my vision of a player. :)
Yes it’s true that a coach can help him find his place, I totally agree with that.

Let’s see how things go, I am always open minded and want the best for our players.

You make many good points dalmate!

·
No pain - No gain.
4,624 Posts
Yes it’s true that a coach can help him find his place, I totally agree with that.

Let’s see how things go, I am always open minded and want the best for our players.

You make many good points dalmate!

Yes, as you said, the better thing is to let the time make the rest. We'll see in the next months to come what will happen with him and his career. Thank you so much for your words Maradona, you know that this is always a pleasure for me to discuss with you. :)

22341 - 22360 of 22418 Posts