Xtratime Community banner
22301 - 22320 of 22418 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I’ll never comprehend how Ivanusec keeps getting called up instead of him. I hope it isn’t to bring up transfer value or something like that because Majer is so clear of him.
Well, you couldnt say that 6 months ago but today you are probably right. Last year I expected that Ivanusec would continue to grow this year. He is already 23. But he keeps making too many mistakes and isnt a worldclassdribbler to compensate that. On the other hand I have always been critical of Majer but he really has grown and has learned to play the ball on time. And he has a great left foot. He is not a slow as I thought and he even sometimes steals a ball. He will never be the ideal winger but is today a more professional player with less mistakes than Ivanusec. Ivanusec has dissapointed and if he hasnt got it now he will never have it. He will be ok but there will be probably better players to choose from for Croatia.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, you couldnt say that 6 months ago but today you are probably right. Last year I expected that Ivanusec would continue to grow this year. He is already 23. But he keeps making too many mistakes and isnt a worldclassdribbler to compensate that. On the other hand I have always been critical of Majer but he really has grown and has learned to play the ball on time. And he has a great left foot. He is not a slow as I thought and he even sometimes steals a ball. He will never be the ideal winger but is today a more professional player with less mistakes than Ivanusec. Ivanusec has dissapointed and if he hasnt got it now he will never have it. He will be ok but there will be probably better players to choose from for Croatia.
I agree with all of this. I really think Majer's physical growth and maturity has helped him take his game up a level. I mentioned this in the past, he isn't as slow and soft as a lot of people were making him out to be. And like you mentioned he has a silky left foot and computes things between the ears faster and better than most imo.

·
Registered
511 Posts
for right now Perišić has to play, Modrić has to play, Kovačić has to play (when available) and Brozović has to play. I don't think 3-4-3 works well for those 4 must play players and only 2 MF spots for 3 studs, 3-5-2 maybe more so as Perišić can play LWB in 3-5-2 but problem is that we don't really have 1 striker, let alone 2! we have several that could play the SS role (well), but still lack and out and out striker until Roko gets capped. I don't think Perišić is as threatening when playing as one of a 2 man forward line from the several times we have tried that, he is better out wide IMO. So it makes sense that we still play in 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 even though we lack a RW and Striker (for any formation) as it is the best fit for our best players who have to play
For these next two qualifiers I agree but at the very least Dalic should experiment before the world cup if we qualify.

·
Registered
225 Posts
no way. But awesome to hear!
I thought he was done and dusted.
Didn’t even think he was starting anymore for AM, let alone scoring !

saw the final result as 3-3.

hope he wasn’t to blame for one of those 😂
I'm really happy (and surprised) to see him playing in ATM. Trippier was injured in the first 10 minutes and he came from the subs. Cholo kept him in the team for some reason.

A shame that the team fúcked up the result.

In other news , Vlasic not even on the bench for West Ham
You know, fúck West Ham, i hope they lose all their games except the ones that Vlasic it's in.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
We live in a world in which Lovro Majer isn't called in the Croatian NT?
France is already in love with him.
exactly DD. He wasn’t even on the standby list ? This gives me absolutely no faith in Dalic.

im happy that he is in the squad now alongside Petkovic , but knowing Dalic they probably won’t see a minute of playing except in the dying minutes when we’re needing a goal. By then it’s too late

·
dinamo67
10,617 Posts
Majer was killing it at Dinamo before he left for Rennes, so not a huge surprise. The guy's a talent. Same for Ivanusec if he leaves. His form has dipped though, so we'll see.

·
dinamo67
10,617 Posts
Jebiga, don't have a twitter account.

22301 - 22320 of 22418 Posts