Xtratime Community banner

21981 - 22000 of 22022 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Josip Stanisic's mom Sandra reacted yesterday on articles about him saying that medias like to write anything to make people talk but that her son didn't make any final choice and didn't forget from where he is from with croatian flag.
Funny she remembers that now. From memory, I think it was 3 years ago, reports weren't just journalists talking crap, the HNS confirmed his rejection.

Obviously, he's still stuck in Bayern's reserves and he's got no chance to play for Germany. I'd still take him but his mother should stay quiet.

Found the article from back then, the HNS technical director at the time, Sreten Ćuk, confirmed they had talks with Stanišić's father and that a call up to Croatia's u19s was rejected.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Funny she remembers that now. From memory, I think it was 3 years ago, reports weren't just journalists talking crap, the HNS confirmed his rejection.

Obviously, he's still stuck in Bayern's reserves and he's got no chance to play for Germany. I'd still take him but his mother should stay quiet.

Found the article from back then, the HNS technical director at the time, Sreten Ćuk, confirmed they had talks with Stanišić's father and that a call up to Croatia's u19s was rejected.
But you have to take in considération that some big clubs in western Europe can put pressure on players to play for the national team from their countries.
And when they refuse they can see their career being threatened.
Now Stanisic might have more freedom to play for whom he wants without Bayern caring much.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Of course, clubs or more likely national federations can put pressure on young players but they're not likely to ruin careers because of a choice this way or that. If Stanišić really, really wanted to play for CRO he (and his family) would've made that choice three years ago.

Again, I'd still take him. He looked OK and is versatile from what I've seen.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
watched Josip Brekalo(25 minutes against Borssuia Dortmund) and Toma Basic(83 minutes against FC Lorient) on the weekend. Both were poor. Brekalo really struggles when coming off the bench. both times i have seen him come off the bench this he season has not been involved and did not create anything. As for Basic, Bordeaux looked out of it from beginning. It seemed whenever Basic gave the ball away it led to Lorient goal. Basic needs to improve in his tackling, weakest part of his game is his ability to tackle and stripe the ball away from a player.

·
Registered
69,853 Posts
Well slightly OT but Bordeaux are in huge problems off the pitch, due to financial problems (their owner has stepped away) they are on the verge of bankruptcy

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
From Eurosport:

MAN OF THE MATCH - MARCELO BROZOVIC, INTER
The Croatian international was a pivotal cog in the Inter engine room as he orchestrated from deep, spraying passes left and right, curling cute reverse balls in behind for on-runners, and breaking up play whenever Crotone tried to counter.
His experienced head was a calming element of what could well have been a nervy day for the league leaders, but he led by example to steer his side to within a point of the trophy.

Perisic came on and put in a sweet pass which Lukaku scored from but the goal was disallowed...Perisic was offside by centimeters.

21981 - 22000 of 22022 Posts