Xtratime Community banner

21981 - 21993 of 21993 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Josip Stanisic's mom Sandra reacted yesterday on articles about him saying that medias like to write anything to make people talk but that her son didn't make any final choice and didn't forget from where he is from with croatian flag.
Funny she remembers that now. From memory, I think it was 3 years ago, reports weren't just journalists talking crap, the HNS confirmed his rejection.

Obviously, he's still stuck in Bayern's reserves and he's got no chance to play for Germany. I'd still take him but his mother should stay quiet.

Found the article from back then, the HNS technical director at the time, Sreten Ćuk, confirmed they had talks with Stanišić's father and that a call up to Croatia's u19s was rejected.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Funny she remembers that now. From memory, I think it was 3 years ago, reports weren't just journalists talking crap, the HNS confirmed his rejection.

Obviously, he's still stuck in Bayern's reserves and he's got no chance to play for Germany. I'd still take him but his mother should stay quiet.

Found the article from back then, the HNS technical director at the time, Sreten Ćuk, confirmed they had talks with Stanišić's father and that a call up to Croatia's u19s was rejected.
But you have to take in considération that some big clubs in western Europe can put pressure on players to play for the national team from their countries.
And when they refuse they can see their career being threatened.
Now Stanisic might have more freedom to play for whom he wants without Bayern caring much.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Of course, clubs or more likely national federations can put pressure on young players but they're not likely to ruin careers because of a choice this way or that. If Stanišić really, really wanted to play for CRO he (and his family) would've made that choice three years ago.

Again, I'd still take him. He looked OK and is versatile from what I've seen.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
21981 - 21993 of 21993 Posts