Xtratime Community banner

21441 - 21460 of 21493 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Happy for Rebic maybe he finally turns his his season around at Milan. Budimir unfortunately don't think will make the final 23. With only one striker being deployed it will be Petkovic and Kramaric for that position. Brekalo or Orsic will get the final wing spot. Prefer Brekalo as he's been a real spark off the bench for the national team.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Happy for Rebic maybe he finally turns his his season around at Milan. Budimir unfortunately don't think will make the final 23. With only one striker being deployed it will be Petkovic and Kramaric for that position. Brekalo or Orsic will get the final wing spot. Prefer Brekalo as he's been a real spark off the bench for the national team.
I agree unless we go with 3 CBs plus Jedvaj covering CB and RB and even then no room for one of Oršić or Budimir unless we drop Badelj or Pašalić

GK = 3
Vida, Lovren, Jedvaj, Barišić, Vrsaljko (hopefully), Ćaleta-Car, Sosa = 7
Modrić, Rakitić, Brozović, Kovačić, Badelj, Pašalić =6
Perišić, Vlašić, Rebić, Brekalo, Oršić = 5
Petković, Kramarić and Budimir = 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
I agree unless we go with 3 CBs plus Jedvaj covering CB and RB and even then no room for one of Oršić or Budimir unless we drop Badelj or Pašalić

GK = 3
Vida, Lovren, Jedvaj, Barišić, Vrsaljko (hopefully), Ćaleta-Car, Sosa = 7
Modrić, Rakitić, Brozović, Kovačić, Badelj, Pašalić =6
Perišić, Vlašić, Rebić, Brekalo, Oršić = 5
Petković, Kramarić and Budimir = 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's possible but i doubt Dalic goes with 7 defenders.

·
dinamo67
9,044 Posts
Dinamo will play no meaningful games for the rest of the season and unlike Petkovic he hasn’t proven anything on the NT yet albeit limited minutes
Orsic has some serious competition for the NT, so if Budimir gets chosen over him I won't winge. Obviously depends if Dalic wants an extra CF or another winger. My point is Orsic deserves a spot and he's shown it against CL level teams. I'm pretty sure you were against Petkovic getting a call up and how'd that go?

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Fird, how's Broz's injury?

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
"Inter have confirmed that Marcelo Brozovic has suffered a sprained ankle and will definitely miss the match against Cagliari this weekend.

The recovery might keep him out for three weeks and he could still be in line to participate in the Derby della Madonnina against Milan on February 9."

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
"Inter have confirmed that Marcelo Brozovic has suffered a sprained ankle and will definitely miss the match against Cagliari this weekend.

The recovery might keep him out for three weeks and he could still be in line to participate in the Derby della Madonnina against Milan on February 9."

whew...was fearing it was something very long term.

He's someone we need 100% at Euro....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Petković is our only true CF. Krama can obviously play the role but he's not suited to it. Dalić gave up on the experiment with Rebić at CF and if he starts it will be on the wing. Since the WC, Krama played a lot on the right, too.

We have ample wing and midfield options and to go to the tournament with only one true CF is a risk. Of course, even if he does get a call up Budimir won't get an opportunity to prove himself so that's also a risk.

Personally, I'd sacrifice one of the mids, as someone mentioned possibly Pašalić or Badelj for that second CF. Budimir is continuing to score and play well in the best league in the world and as harsh as that may be on someone else I'd love to see him get a spot.

Livaković, Kalinić, Sluga
Lovren, Vida, Ćaleta-Car, Mitrović, Jedvaj, Barišić, Vrsaljko, Bradarić
Modrić, Rakitić, Brozović, Kovačić, Badelj, Vlašić, Perišić, Rebić, Brekalo
Petković, Budimir, Kramarić

If we're being completely honest, chances for Bradarić and Budimir to come in basically out of nowhere are slim.

One thing's for certain and that's we're going to have a few guys with legitimate claims to a spot in the 23 miss out.

·
dinamo67
9,044 Posts
True that. That squad is is quite good. I just hope Dalic Budimir and Bradaric a run at some friendlies. That's what they're for. Pasalic missing out would be harsh as well. I've always loved having Badelj on the squad though. Ey good luck Dalic lol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
^^^
Who's that dyed blonde wanker who fluffs his lines then goes over to Ibra to celebrate rather than Rebic? What a suck up!

21441 - 21460 of 21493 Posts