• Other- Please name

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a poll, any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
not the poll or was asking for but it doesn't matter, good idea. :D

I think Krizanac should get a mention on the list with his feats with Zenit but..

my vote goes to Luka Modric, he was the driving force and motor of our NT at the euros, he did have a lazy performance with dinamo in the 2nd half of the season but he won the league title and cup with them and just beacuse of his record transfer to Tottenham...and because he's overated.:lala:

·
Registered
69,350 Posts
I vote for Pranjic honestly, when you look at the whole picture (club + NT) he has been the man, although you can fairly say the Dutch league isn't in the same league as the EPL, Bundesliga etc..

Corluka would be a close second as he has been overal solid in the EPL and the NT. Consistent and professional player.

·
Registered
36,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To tell the truth, I think Pranjic was our most consistant player, it's just such a shame we're forced to play him out of position.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Just wondering? Is it Player or Playa?

Ok, if its Player, even though I voted for Modric, I'd change it to Kranjcar the reason being is that look at the NT performance (including Modric's) with Kranjcar and without Kranjcar and there's a difference. The mid-field just isn't the same without him in the lineup.

I'd also vote for Niko Kovac but he's not on the list. :smileani:

Now, if we're talking "Playa" of the year...then its Suho hands down for "taking one for the team" and banging the entire NT. :howler:

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
vedran for me...most consistent for club and country in 2008

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Pranjic... i would vote for Luka, but he hasnt played THAT excelent for Tottenham... Pranjic has been the best player in Heerenveen and in the Euro he was one of the best in our team... considering he wasnt in the picture last year, and this year he has been in top form with his club and with the NT.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
lol who voted for Ivica Olic...? :err: :howler:

that gave me the only chuckle for my whole day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn i forgot to make the poll public :wallbang:

·
Registered
69,350 Posts
unfortunately thesr things tend to be popularity contests and Modric will win, when it really truely deserves to be Pranjic or Corluka.

As someone said before, Modric half-assed the first half of 2008, his Euro wasn't spectacular. In 2007 I would agree, not 2008

·
Registered
36,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Corluka and Modric neck in neck for now though..

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
its close between modric and corluka but i went with corluka because he had a really good first year in the epl and almost always plays well for the national team..

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
unfortunately thesr things tend to be popularity contests and Modric will win, when it really truely deserves to be Pranjic or Corluka.

As someone said before, Modric half-assed the first half of 2008, his Euro wasn't spectacular. In 2007 I would agree, not 2008
really truelly, in your eye's. It's a poll and people vote for their own reason and if it differs to yours it doesn't make it a popularity contest.
Pranjic has been a liability for the NT on more occasions this year at LB, he hasn't won any trophies with his club and plays for an ordinary club in a league were 6 goals per games is the norm, also wasn't successfull in being transfered anywhere....I agree he deserves to be a front runner but then again so does Olic. :smileani:

* and it was I that said he had a half assed first half 08 so that you don't think I believe roses grow out of his arse.

·
Registered
14,050 Posts

He was excellent against Germany and against Turkey did enough to win us the game (twice).

I think that alone should give him the nod.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
I would have to vote for Corluka in 2008 as he has been the most consistent player throughout the year.

He had a big season and transferred to Spurs from City where he was getting a lot of playing time and has walked straight into the first team under two seperate coaches, ramos and Arry.

He served the NT in every game and was very very solid!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I voted for Pranjic, an incredible year for him Mr. Consistency. I have to say though, and some of you may think I've lost it, but Olic had a wonderful year.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts