Xtratime Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who is injured for Croatia? Jozic stated after the game that we were playing the final 20 minutes with three injured players!

I assume Soldo was one. Who are the other two?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,402 Posts
Boksic and Saric, nothing serious.
 

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
On nogomet.com they said Soldo and Prosimecki may not be dressed for Ecuador. Proki has a muscle strain and Soldo's foot hurts. Hopefully both will be ready.

If we need a late goal I'd still use Robi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,202 Posts
Baraba

trebamo zatvoriti knjigu na suker i prosnecki

theri time has ended, if they play we will be making no progress

Lav
 

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
Who said anything about speeding up a game?

Robi sucked against Mexico but I don't think that he's forgotten how to find an open man making a run. Or does everyone think that what he did against Belgium to get us in is ancient history?

He might not be able to run but you bet your ass that if he's on his game he can still pass the ball like no one else on our team.

I'm not even a big Robi fan but I can't believe how fickle you guys are. Before the WC all I saw on this board was how Robi was going to lead us to glory. Personally I didn't think so but I never thought he was useless and I still don't. Yes, I know the time has come to change the old guard but I think that these older players can be our ace in the deck when we need them.

I bet if he does come in and does make a beautiful pass I won't hear the end of how great he is. Come on guys....
 

·
©
Joined
·
7,230 Posts
baraba said:
I'm not even a big Robi fan but I can't believe how fickle you guys are. Before the WC all I saw on this board was how Robi was going to lead us to glory. Personally I didn't think so but I never thought he was useless and I still don't. Yes, I know the time has come to change the old guard but I think that these older players can be our ace in the deck when we need them.

I bet if he does come in and does make a beautiful pass I won't hear the end of how great he is. Come on guys....
Yeah you are right. After the Mexico game people were jumping all over the team etc. Since the Italy win all signatures have gone back to being supportive and nobody has said a bad word about anybody.:D :rolleyes:

But looking at the system that Cro played in against Italy it is hard to really find a place for Robi. If he was to take Rapaic's spot then he will have to run around and get in attacking positions which is not him. He is suited to staying in the mddle and spraying passes around and I think that in some games that may be handy to have but I seriously doubt he will get much time from now on, and that goes for Suker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
dinamo11 said:
But looking at the system that Cro played in against Italy it is hard to really find a place for Robi. If he was to take Rapaic's spot then he will have to run around and get in attacking positions which is not him. He is suited to staying in the mddle and spraying passes around and I think that in some games that may be handy to have but I seriously doubt he will get much time from now on, and that goes for Suker.
yep... i totally agree... and btw baraba, I was dissing robi from the start... and I have had to run for my life when everyone else bitched at me ;-)

Robi can play in defensive team, but attacking? no way, if you are goal behind, you dont want someone that cant run and slows the game - and Robi definetly slows the game, that was his style

Robi has one good performance in 5 matches...well, I should say that he has one good ball in 5 matches and people praise him as a god... its time for him to be retired from NT... I dont see him being able to contribute anymore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,611 Posts
good points guys but i still think SUKERMAN is still a valuable asset now i know i will be grilled for this one but like Baraba said about Prosinecki i agree and i say the same thing about Suker if we need a late goal(Ireland 2000 qualifying) and none of our strikers are doing much i say put in Suker he knows how to find the net still just not for more than 10 minutes :D so if the game is on the line throw both of them in if we still have the substitutions available
 

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
spwolf said:

Robi can play in defensive team, but attacking? no way, if you are goal behind, you dont want someone that cant run and slows the game - and Robi definetly slows the game, that was his style
Actually I was thinking more that if we're up 1-0 and we need another onebut my point stands regardless.
 

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
spwolf said:


yep... i totally agree... and btw baraba, I was dissing robi from the start... and I have had to run for my life when everyone else bitched at me ;-)
The question remains that if he did something miraculous would you still be dissing him?
 

·
©
Joined
·
7,230 Posts
yeah again, what we did against Italy was very compact and very versatile which I seriously doubt Suker would do well at unless you put him in the last 5 mins when you are a goal down and just tell him to stay in the box. Suker's first touch is non existent from what he showd against Mexico. I think what this WC has shown is that you can't play defensive and play not to lose and also that you must be fast and comapct ecspecially against the good teams.

spwolf, I think you are a little to harsh on Robi, he did have a very good qualifying campaign and led the team well. ;) I just think that everybody mis judged just how different the WC is and the disjointed leadup didn't help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
baraba said:


The question remains that if he did something miraculous would you still be dissing him?
but he didnt... he keeps having bad games, over and over and over... he is not that old, but in "normal" soccer player years, he is 40... he plays for 2nd division club that is in lower half of the table... there is nothing to be gained anymore... rather put someone younger who can do half of the job, most of the time plus gain experience
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
dinamo11 said:
spwolf, I think you are a little to harsh on Robi, he did have a very good qualifying campaign and led the team well. ;) I just think that everybody mis judged just how different the WC is and the disjointed leadup didn't help.
yeah, we all heard those "its not robi's fault" comments... its bull, its definetly his fault... if he was serious about what is he doing, he would stop smoking and drinking... he is the most doubted player croatia ever had, and 1 good display in 5 games does not help
 

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
You're right he's at least 40 in normal years. An alcoholic chainsmoker:D Somehow that makes what he does even more special. I like Robi cause he's soooo different (and always was) than every other footballer out there.

We'll have to see if he's gonna get a chance to pull something out of that smoke-stained sleeve of his.
 

·
©
Joined
·
7,230 Posts
spwolf, it definantley is his fault how he played against Mexico, I am not defending him at all. My point is that he wasn't tested enough before hand because he hasn't played for a while and we didn't really play anybody worthwile in that time.:hangover:

I haven't been a Robi fan for a while now but he did have a good run during the qualifiers so I will give him credit for that. It is just that every major tournament Croatia plays in he has failed.:confused:

BTW....Soldo did limp off against Italy so I am not suprised that he is injured.:(
 
G

·
Vatreni su spremni!

Ova utakmica je najvaznija, idemo na pobjedu. Svi bi trebali biti 100% spremni i dati maksumalno da pobjedu Ekaudora. Mislim ako prodemo do 16/finale, napravili smo vec veliki uspjeh.


Volim te Hrvatska!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top