Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
.....has to be Suker's goal against France.

Simply too important besides being a perfect finish and a perfect set up not to mention a perfect run.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
SHYT!

...THE CHIP ON SCHMEICHEL!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THE CHIP ON SCHMEICHEL!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :dazed: :dazed: :eek:
:)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Yeah, for the best quality goal, it has to be Suker's chip on Schmeichel, what talent.

I also though Vlaovic's goal against Ukraine in the first playoff game against them a few years back was a great goal. He scored off of a partial breakaway, with a clever little move against the defender and a clinical finish.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
OK, maybe it wasn't the best goal of the decade ;), but Suker today scored his first Bundesliga goal :angel:.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I thought he had 3 or 4 already? Unless they were in the German Cup?

Anyways, is there any web pages where we can get downloads of goals for the BuLi?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah the other goals were from Cup games. Word is that if Suker continues to play regularly, that he'll be more than a second half player.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Sure he is a better player then the other strikers at 1860, but I think he is not fit again yet.

Ivo, what goal do you want (it's not easy to find if you can't speak German :D), I can give you the link...

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Has to be Suker's goal vs Schmeichel :) Had Suker's first attempted chip the one from halfway gone in i have no doubt that would have been one of the goals of the century :D Prosinecki's goal vs Jamiaca was another fantastic goal one of the goals of the World Cup in 98.

As for Suker it looks like Davor is starting to settle in at 1860 and its even more pleasing that he is scoring :) Hopefully he can save some of his best for the WC in 4 months.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
How about Suker's goal against Germany in '96? He totally faked out the goalie with a sick move and practically walked the ball into the goal. That move alone was incredible.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
No

Boban 2 i actually think he means sick! see its a slang term here in North America sick meaning amazing or good! kind of like Bad back in the days was slang for good like for instance "yo thats bad bro" meaning =good well the same applies to sick! trust me we have many slang terms some that even border on absurdity like for instance here exclusively in Toronto suburbs there are words that if you didnt live here you would never understant even if someone explained to you what it meant;) :cool:

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Tommy....

I forgot....we have Aussies on the board!;)

And Tommy you are 100% correct...sick meaning incredible.

Boban2...one meaning to the term means that he made such a great move, it made the person he beat sick. And it was one sick move.;)

·
Registered
21,992 Posts
my votes

# 1 I think the chip vs Denmark by Suker was pure class.

#2 But i also think Boban's free kick vs Macedonia was amazing as well. He puts in in from about 25 yards out, over the wall, leaving the goalie no hope.

#3 Suker's amazing pull-over against the Germans in Euro 96. How many players in that situation would even try that? Not many...

#4 Suker vs Ireland in the 94th minute...what composure, what skill!

·
International
8,545 Posts
Thanks Frank:)

I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I'm sure I can browse that board to see all goals in the BuLi.

I live in Canada dude, forget about watchign the BuLi here, we have very limited coverage of football here.

Why put on football when you can broadcast curling:D:D

·
Banned
692 Posts
CroatTommy

hmmm....I live in the US and have never heard of this term :)

It must be something new in Toronto because I also lived there for 10 years and never heard the term. I guess I hang out with a more "intellectual" crowd :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts