Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1542 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd fire up a new EPL thread for this year, since the other thread has a poll for most successful player for last year.

enjoy :)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Arsenal's Eduardo Out For First Two Months Of 2008-09 Season?

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/arsenals-eduardo-out-first-two-months-20-5512310.html

Submitted by Niraj Prabhu on Tue, 2008-07-22 12:19. Arsenal Player Injury and Suspension News

Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva has reportedly suffered a setback as he was recovering from his horrendous leg injury, and is now said to be ruled out for the first two months of the season.

The Croatia international, who had a career-threatening leg break in February during a Premiership game at Birmingham City, had earlier hoped to be back in pre-season action. However, reports now claim that he can only return to full training after the end of September.

another link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1037195/Wengers-woes-Eduardo-September-Adebayor-fails-commit-Arsenal.html

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Source: Official Site

Luka Modric was pitched straight into fitness work and then football training on his first day at our Spanish training camp.

The Croatian star arrived in Spain on Thursday night and on Friday morning, joined fellow later arrivals Didier Zokora and Gilberto and the rest of the lads for an 8.15am departure to the nearby golf course.

However, as most of the squad took part in a morning session with a difference of tennis, golf and football within the confines of a paddle tennis court (a smaller-sized tennis court), Luka, Didier and Gilberto were straight into their fitness training.

First Team coach Marcos Alvarez explained: "They will have longer running sessions in the first week but we have to combine that with their football training."

The squad - including the trio - then returned to the beach for more power sprinting in the sand before the evening's football session with an exercise of maintaining possession played at an intense pace before short-sided games over half a pitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Luka has pretty strong legs for a small guy he is.

Yeah wearing no shinnies is dangerous...someone better tell all 3 of them the same thing.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Not if Ola comes to the epl ;)

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I think Kranjčar won't do as great as last season, Portsmouth signed Crouch, which probably means it's 4-4-2 for them, hence Niko will have alot more defensive duties. Unless they play three strong CM's and put him behind the two which they did a few times.

As good as Luka Modrić is, he will need to adapt. Tottenham are buying like crazy and look like they will have a top squad. He should go good, this will be his toughest year, so far in his career, we'll see how he handles it.

Ćorluka hopefully switches to CB, i remember Sven said that he will go to CB, down the track, but they have a new coach, so will see what happens. Plus, they will be even stronger now.

Eduardo, will take time, it will probably be like he is adapting once again the English game.

Also, i don't like how EPL gets special treatment, we also should have a Croatian Bundesliga player's thread ;) Maybe, even Croatian La Liga players :lala: :D Or, keep it all in Croatia's in Europe ;)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YA. Shutup Blaz! :D

seriously though, if you want to open a bundesliga thread or something, go for it I guess. I think it provides more opportunities to discuss individual performances when you split them up, instead of having 5 different conversations simultaneously in one thread. It can muddle things up. From what I remember the epl thread was quite popular last season too.....

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
I'm with ptooey.

Blaz is just an EPL playa hayta. :thmbdown:

(But don't stop making those comps.) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I think Kranjčar won't do as great as last season, Portsmouth signed Crouch, which probably means it's 4-4-2 for them, hence Niko will have alot more defensive duties. Unless they play three strong CM's and put him behind the two which they did a few times.
I'm a little bit worried by this, we all know Niko in a 4-4-2 doesnt work. But Pompey don't have a natural RM either so a change to 4-4-2 is a bit unlikely too. Hopefully they do go for 3 destroyers and Niko in the hole.

Ćorluka hopefully switches to CB, i remember Sven said that he will go to CB, down the track, but they have a new coach, so will see what happens. Plus, they will be even stronger now.
I'm worried about this, i'm not sure about Hughsie and his style of football. Corluka is a classy player and Hughsie is known to like his butches.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
:D I'm just kidding. I like this thread, and will post in it alot, since EPL is very easy to watch . And Lynx, i don't hate it, i enjoy it, but Spanish football for me takes the cake ;)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
played the first half, it wasn't a very good performance for him.
he got pushed of the ball a few times far to easily, no shots on goal and a couple of easy passes that went to the opposition.

·
Registered
36,398 Posts
Keane just got sold...that much harder for the Spurs unless they replace him quick.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Kranjcar saw that Babic would get the ball...

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
As 50 said, Modrić played the first half in his debut, i think he did really well, it was great to see that already the Spurs boys where looking for Luka :thumbsup: But, he really got crunched in one tackle and as the commentator said it was a 'Welcome to the EPL - tackle' :D (He should have went to Spain :moan: :D) Spurs will have a great squad, even though Berbatov will most likely follow Keane out, if there defense can stay fit, they will have a good chance of top 4. Hopefully they will sign a top quality striker (Just not Villa :howler: ;)) and a quality DM, and they should be good.

You can download the first half here, it's http file and only 200mb.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/332b66/n/Norwich_City_vs_Tottenham_Hotspur_7-28-2008_1st_Half_wmv

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
played the first half, it wasn't a very good performance for him.
he got pushed of the ball a few times far to easily, no shots on goal and a couple of easy passes that went to the opposition.
Your a hard man to please :smileani:

I thought he played a very mature and intelligant game for his first ever minutes at Tottenham. Held the ball well and played it around to his team mates, admittingly it was a touch conservative but remember this is only a practice game and there is no need for him to go out and try to prove a point through exhibitionism

Blaž thanks for the download.

1 - 20 of 1542 Posts