Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these threads have been done to death on how to get one but I was just informed by my pops in Croatia that I got my Domovnica today!

So my question is what are my rights by having my Domovnica?

Should I apply for other things as well now? I have a Canadian Putovnica so should I get a Cro one and am I alowed to have 2 Putovnicas?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
you have all the rights as Croatians living in Croatia. It is not necessery to get Cro putovnica for that. If you can have 2 passports is a question of your country..Canada right?. Here in Sweden they changed the law 10 years ago so it is allowed to have 2 passports. It is not a problem for the Croatian authority. I got my domovnica a couple of years ago and it is good if you want to build/buy some property in Cro....or get a job in Cro (not likely ;))

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have all the rights as Croatians living in Croatia. It is not necessery to get Cro putovnica for that. If you can have 2 passports is a question of your country..Canada right?. Here in Sweden they changed the law 10 years ago so it is allowed to have 2 passports. It is not a problem for the Croatian authority. I got my domovnica a couple of years ago and it is good if you want to build/buy some property in Cro....or get a job in Cro (not likely ;))
Thanks buddy, I might get a Cro Putovnica just to make it easier when they are in the EU, because I would expect a mad rush around that time.

Licki Macak "Now you can also get an Osobna Karta woooo hooooo! lol"

Brate, I hear you cant get a Osobna Karta unless you live there for a specific amount of time. If I could I would get one ASAP!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Just saw this..Congrats Van Cro! I think Boksic pretty much said it you have all the rights of any Croatian citizen...you can get a Croatian passport as well but, the osobna karta is weird because some people say you can't get it if you don't live there but, others say you can get it whether you live there or not. My dad has an osobna karta but he's not there full time so, I don't know.

Just a question to those that have done it through the consulate (here in NY or anywhere around the world)...I'm lazy to go back and find the other thread on this...anyway, the question, how long did it take you guys to get the rjesenje?

I applied for it on May 5th so now its 4.5 months since I applied for it. Do you think it should come soon or will it really take that year to year and a half the guy at the consulate said it would?

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Just saw this..Congrats Van Cro! I think Boksic pretty much said it you have all the rights of any Croatian citizen...you can get a Croatian passport as well but, the osobna karta is weird because some people say you can't get it if you don't live there but, others say you can get it whether you live there or not. My dad has an osobna karta but he's not there full time so, I don't know.

Just a question to those that have done it through the consulate (here in NY or anywhere around the world)...I'm lazy to go back and find the other thread on this...anyway, the question, how long did it take you guys to get the rjesenje?

I applied for it on May 5th so now its 4.5 months since I applied for it. Do you think it should come soon or will it really take that year to year and a half the guy at the consulate said it would?
pretty much so Jure. Everything goes through Zagreb and we know how they are lazy over there as well as the consulates being lazy over here. Its probably going to take a year+ it did for me.

p.s. Congrats VanCro

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Thanks CT...I know what you mean. I wonder if I should call them up and find out the status or that won't matter?

The consulate here is a joke...they have two nice ladies working there but the guy that manages them is a first class prick.

I'm wondering how long it took the others to get their rjesenje.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Dear friends,
it takes six months or so to get the "rjesenje" on your croatian citizenship if you were born outside of Croatia.They need to put you in for JMBG(Jedinstveni Maticni Broj Gradjanina)wich is sometning like social security number in USA.For the people born in Croatia,but living abroad it is enough to contact "maticni ured" in the place of your birth.
You could also get"osobna karta" and that is based on your living address in Croatia,for example,your parents are from Zadar and they have a house on certain address they can just as easy report your living address in Croatia and based on that they issue you a "osobna karta".Also,condition to get "osobna karta" is citizenship.

VOLI VAS MAJSTOR

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Dear friends,
it takes six months or so to get the "rjesenje" on your croatian citizenship if you were born outside of Croatia.They need to put you in for JMBG(Jedinstveni Maticni Broj Gradjanina)wich is sometning like social security number in USA.For the people born in Croatia,but living abroad it is enough to contact "maticni ured" in the place of your birth.
You could also get"osobna karta" and that is based on your living address in Croatia,for example,your parents are from Zadar and they have a house on certain address they can just as easy report your living address in Croatia and based on that they issue you a "osobna karta".Also,condition to get "osobna karta" is citizenship.

VOLI VAS MAJSTOR

Bas si pravi majstor!!!!

Thanks for the explaination. You're right on all parts THOUGH, when I went there and went to the maticni ured in Imotski the expaination was this and it was I wasn't able to do anything there because my parents never registered me with the state when I was born and thus, I had to apply for the citizenship through the local consulate where I live (in my case, NY). The rjesenje is what I'd get and once I got that then I could go to Croatia and get my Domovnica. Now had I been registered by my parents then I could have went there and applied for the Domovnica with no problems...

I'm glad you mentioned 6 months because I was begining to worry as to why I didn't get mine after 4.5 months...I know they told me a year to 18 months but you hear people say they got theirs in 4-6 months..So, I should be expecting mine then sometime after November as I applied for it on May 5th.

good stuff on the osobna karta. I'll use my old mans address when I get the rjesenje and then the domovnica.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Dragi,

were you born in Croatia?I didn't really understand that part.
Other than that,for osobna,your dad just need to give you a statement(in your case in Imotski next time you go) and that's it.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
majstore..nope I was born in the USA and not in Hrvatska. What I was saying the only way I could have gotten the domovnica over there in Hrvatska without the rjesenje would have been if when I was born my dad went to that former sh.it country's embassy in NYC and registered me there...because he didn't, I don't exist and have to start from scratch and that is apply for citizenship through the Croatian Consulate.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the well wishes!

Jure M,

Hey brother so this is how I got my Domovnica. First before I left for the Euro Cup I got my birth certificate and passport translated in Croatian then I got a copy of my dad's Domovnica and went to the MUP in Gospic around mid July and they basically laughed at me saying why does my birth certificate not have my parents names (In British Columbia the Birth Certificate only has your name and where your born) and they wanted info on my Mom who passed on a year ago. So I then went to Zagreb where she's born and got her birth certifacate and some sort of rjeseje paper for her that says she was Croatian or something like that and at the same place I got some document that said I was never in the Croatian Maticini Ured or something like that. I then brought those papers back to the MUP in Gospic and they said If I get a Birth Certificate with my parents names on it I will get my Domovnica so when I returned here August 1 I made a request for what is called a Parental Birth Certificate and got it translate in Croatian and to be a step ahead I got my Criminal record check even thought they didnt ask and I got it translated and my dad left for Croatia on Aug 19 and a few days later he turned those in and they said I got my Domovnica. They told him I'd have to go there to sign something but he begged them that Im here so they just gave it to him and I should have it in my hands in 8 days.

PS. I talked to the guy at the Consulate in Ottawa and he told me for the Putovnica all I need to do is bring in my Domovnica and Rodni list translated in Croatian with 2 pictures 3.5X4.5 cm and I will have it in no time so I might fly there and take care of that. Interesting thing is the Putovnica lasts for 10 years!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pretty much so Jure. Everything goes through Zagreb and we know how they are lazy over there as well as the consulates being lazy over here. Its probably going to take a year+ it did for me.

p.s. Congrats VanCro
Lazy bro thats an understatment! In Gospic they were nice and friendly while those ***** in Zagreb were talking to me like Gustapo wondering why a Canadian wanted a Domovnica and giving my the run around. I was shocked when I was in the Immigration building a government worker there was on the phone and he yelled to the phone" On moze pusit moj kurac" in front of 15 people who were in line and starci. No class. I felt like I was in Uzbekistan or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts