Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1450 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested to hear from people about Croatian football clubs, or former clubs, in the places you live. Australia, Canada, USA, Germany, Sweden etc etc.. Also the amount of people supporting the clubs...

Here in Melbourne we have alot of clubs..

Melbourne Knights (Croatia) - Premier League
St. Albans Dinamo - Premier League
Nth Geelong Croatia - 2nd division
Chelsea Hajduk - 2nd division
Glenroy Split - provisional (lower leagues)
Tornado Zadar - provisional (lower leagues)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
NK Velebit from Gothenburg in third division, and Croatia from Malmö (was in second division, now third I think) are the biggest clubs...

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Add Vukovar and Mostar to the list d11 :)

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn forgot about them.. I dunno now, but the Vukovar boys used to kill everybody but still never got promoted out of choice.:D They usually kick some ass at the Croatian turnir aswell..

Ante or Pero, how much people go to the games and how big is the Croatian population is Sweden?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Central United, Auckland, New Zealand.

Club founded by Croatian immigrants in the sixties, has many regional trophies and participated in all seasons of the National League, winning it once, the cup once and making the cup finals twice.

Their emblem is exactly like Hajduk's...but the silver fern of NZ across the Croatian grb.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Toronto Croatia, founded:1954 oldest proffessional soccer team in Toronto still in existance. Was also called Toronto Metros-Croatia when the NASL took off in the 1970's and won the championship once(1976) with the great Eusebio playing for them. They just won the CPSL championship last year(they are defending champions) as well. Used to actually play in Toronto and in real stadiums lol, now they play in Mississauga in a park :rolleyes: attendance used to be very high like for most diaspora Cro teams before independance.

U

·
0 Posts
boksic said:
NK Velebit from Gothenburg in third division..
I was on the games Velebit-Vardar,Vardar-Velebit in the derby games last year..... It was two very good matches, lot of people and great and friendly atmosphere, mabe you was on the games, we did eat hot dog together, swedish classic at HT. Swedish madia reported that the games where very good standard for third division and with more audience then BK Häcken have who play in the first liga.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Croatia Sports Club Vancouver founded in 1961. Provincial Cup Champions in 1970, 85 and 86. Canadian National Champions 1985. Second in Canada 1986. Numerous Pacific Coast League Championships.., 3 time Imperial Cup Champs 1996,97,98 (one of the oldest soccer cups in North America, maybe the oldest). Many Western Canadian Croatia tournament Championship (never sent a full strength team). North American Croatian tournament Champs in the only time Vancouver entered. West Coast Croatia tournament Champs in California, only time Vancouver entered.

Croatia A -VMSL Premier - play Imperial Cup semi-final this Sunday and are also in the final 16 of the Provincial Cup.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
VELEBIT KARLOVAC they play at picnics at the karlovac club that my grandfather and father and a bunch of my great uncles and other family part own in milton.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Super Croat said:
Croatia Sports Club Vancouver founded in 1961. Provincial Cup Champions in 1970, 85 and 86. Canadian National Champions 1985. Second in Canada 1986. Numerous Pacific Coast League Championships.., 3 time Imperial Cup Champs 1996,97,98 (one of the oldest soccer cups in North America, maybe the oldest). Many Western Canadian Croatia tournament Championship (never sent a full strength team). North American Croatian tournament Champs in the only time Vancouver entered. West Coast Croatia tournament Champs in California, only time Vancouver entered.
You guys were blessed that you had Shawn Clooten playing for you. If only he came to the Knights.:D

So what are the crowds like for the Candian teams? The Croatian community in Canada seems heaps more organised than in the US.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Around 200/250 for the Imperial Cup semi final today, about 235 Croatians. Croatia won 4-1 but, their player coach is leaving for Germany on a tryout next week and will miss the final. He scored all 4 goalls btw...

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Windsor Croatia is my favourite Croatia club in Canada with Vancouver a close second.

Both are the epitome of how our clubs should be organized outside and maybe even in Croatia. LOL.

Cheers

·
International
8,545 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
So what are the crowds like for the Candian teams? The Croatian community in Canada seems heaps more organised than in the US.
Most of the teams we have are just men's league type of teams. Even the CPSL (where Toronto Cro plays) doesn't have a TV deal so attendance isn't really even applicable. This is a nation that really couldnt' care less about football. The CPSL is really weak even if it's our best league.

One thing's for sure, Hamilton Cro are the only ones who make the annual tournament any fun :shades:

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Here in Gothenburg(the second largest town in Sweden) There used to be two good teams from Croatia before: Velebit and Croatia(who played in the fourth division i think)
now i think they have co-operated and joined Velebit but i'm not shure.

Then there is a totally new club here in Gothenburg named Hajduk, a guy recently buyed that club in the fourth division and changed the name. Immedietaly the signed two albanians, one from Velebit and one from division 5. Both friends of mine :)

Then there is Vardar from Macedonia who were quite strong before but was relegated to division 4 last year.

1 - 20 of 1450 Posts