Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
69,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Dinamo were actually only one spot away from being in Pot 1, thats how many of the favorites lost today

So to review the qualifying portion:
  • Dinamo did the bare minimum this season, they had a couple of tough draws in the CL qualifying but probably should have eliminated Ferencvaros (if it was two legs I think they would have done so easily) and the way the draw was set up they probably would have made the CL. As expected they beat Flora and the expectations should be, depending on the draw, to once again qualify to the knockout rounds
  • For all the good Loko did last season in the HNL, they threw it away in Europe this season, but thats what happens with a club with no sponsors, finances or any real vision other than developing Dinamo's youngsters. They simply lost too many players and manageable draws like Rapid and Malmo turned into easy defeats. In general Loko never do well in Europe, ideally they don't qualify again
  • Rijeka prove again to be HNL's second best club when it comes to Europe, after a couple of disappointing seasons Rijeka return to the ELGS, not sure how much they will do considering they are in Pot 4 and Miskovic is pretty much open to selling anybody but the hope is now that they are in Europe they keep the squad together
  • Hajduk did what was expected honestly, they passed the 2nd round but were not good enough to beat Gala in the 3rd, I don't see any situation in the next few years how Hajduk make it to the group stages if they continue this process
  • Osijek disappointed again, they finally got ambitious and brought in Bjelica but it was probably too late. This is now three seasons in a row they couldn't win a round in Europe. While some will point to their tough draws, eventually they will have to win one of these as their coefficient is so low that they will be unseeded again very early in qualifying so one of these days they either need to get lucky or beat a team better than them on paper
14. Denmark 27.375 (Midtjylland CL)
15. Cyprus 27.000 (Omonia EL)
16. Serbia 24.250 (Red Star EL)
17. Switzerland 23.475 (Young Boys EL)
18. Greece 23.400 (Olympiakos CL; PAOK EL; AEK EL)
19. CROATIA 22.275 (Dinamo EL; Rijeka EL)
20. Czech Republic 21.6000 (Slavia EL; Sparta EL; Slovan EL)

Obviously it all depends on the draw but Greece is probably the big favorites to make a huge jump this year considering they have three clubs. Don't see Denmark adding too many points, Cyprus' lone team is in Pot 4 while Serbia/Switzerland do have higher seeded clubs in the EL but only one each. Realistically to get back to 15th it would take at least one of the clubs advancing to the next round (likely Dinamo) with Rijeka needing to pick up something like 4-6 points at minimum

·
Registered
69,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Dinamo get CSKA Moscow, Feyenoord and Wolfsberg (Austrian one ;) )

Rijeka get Napoli, Sociedad and AZ Alkmaar

·
1st Tier Poster
51,174 Posts
Flora did okay vs Dinamo, wasn't totally overpowered and I think they even had the same amount of shots somehow.

I was expecting something like 4-0.

·
Registered
69,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Here are the fixtures for both teams, interestingly they both play home on the same matchdays

Dinamo
Feyenoord (H)
CSKA Moscow (A)
Wolfsberger (H)
Wolfsberger (A)
Feyenoord (A)
CSKA Moscow (H)

Rijeka
Sociedad (H)
AZ (A)
Napoli (H)
Napoli (A)
Sociedad (A)
AZ (H)

·
dinamo67
9,592 Posts
Flora did okay vs Dinamo, wasn't totally overpowered and I think they even had the same amount of shots somehow.

I was expecting something like 4-0.
The Dinamo of the previous 2 years would've dominated in a 4-0 win. No doubt about that. This is not the same team.

·
dinamo67
9,592 Posts
Dinamo playing Feyenoord today/tomorrow. Hoping for a strong start. My expectations are low for this season.

·
Registered
69,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Scoreless at the half between Rijeka and Sociedad, Rijeka have been largely outplayed but Rijeka did create 2-3 decent chances on the counter, probably should have scored one but Loncar from close range shot right at the keeper who made a good save with his arm

·
Registered
69,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sociedad score in the 93rd minute, they were really hanging on towards the end, had no more energy

·
Registered
69,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Dinamo play a scoreless draw with Feyenoord, disappointing result especially because Feyenoord were with 10 men for the final 20 or so minutes. However the other result in the group was a draw so this will probably be wide open and decided on the final MD

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I'll take the draw, thought we were the better side and had our chances but could not convert.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'll take the draw, thought we were the better side and had our chances but could not convert.
Not sure what game you were watching but Cska clearly the better side. Vlašić ran the game everything flowed through him. Euoke had plenty of chances Vlašić had a few as well. Thought Ademi was good also livakovic. Petkovic was really disappointing. Constantly the wrong descisions by him. Lost the ball way to many times as well. Except a lot better from Petkovic.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Not sure what game you were watching but Cska clearly the better side. Vlašić ran the game everything flowed through him. Euoke had plenty of chances Vlašić had a few as well. Thought Ademi was good also livakovic. Petkovic was really disappointing. Constantly the wrong descisions by him. Lost the ball way to many times as well. Except a lot better from Petkovic.
I thought we had the better chances to score and a draw was fair. Vlasic is amazing.

·
dinamo67
9,592 Posts
2 draws. Already exceeding my expectations. :D

Two games vs Wolfsberger are next. My thoughts prior to the EL starting was that this was the team we may get most our points from, but they've made a strong start so we'll see.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
2 draws. Already exceeding my expectations. :D

Two games vs Wolfsberger are next. My thoughts prior to the EL starting was that this was the team we may get most our points from, but they've made a strong start so we'll see.
The last game showed the most effort I have witnessed from this team as they kept CSKA at bay with some fruitless possession. And, the time of possession was pretty much even which surprised me gong in. Livaković was solid as was Gvardiol, Peric, Majer and Franjic. Petkovic was quite disappointing.

·
dinamo67
9,592 Posts
Must win especially after being a man up for a whole half. A number of players were missing due to covid but great to get the win. If we can pull out a win again then we just about there I think.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts