Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Croatia won today 4-0 against Toyama Dreams, surprised there is no thread for it, although it isn't really a huge game. The scorers were N Kovac 4, Suker 44, Daniel Saric 72 and Valaovic 92)

Your thoughts? Do you think they have become accustomed to climate etc.?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
it would be a thread if u were not faster by few minutes ;-)

dunno really anything yet, we will see until we can read the newspapers to see what exactly was Jozic trying & testing

some have accustomed, some have not yet (timezone, climate)... we shall see... luckily for them, they came a bit earlier to the Japan than other teams

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
solid result, maybe our goalscoring woes have been adequately addressed?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Good result, Very good for our confidence! I am also glad to see that there were 4 different scorers, since we really haven't been putting them in the net as of late. I can't believe Saric scored! I really didn't think he deserved to be on this team, but I guess I was wrong. Anyhow, I still don't like the guys personality, but godwilling, he will keep proving me wrong the rest of the way. Ok, let me go to Sportnet and see what happened at this game. Naprid Vatreni!

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I read that Mexico played a great game and should have scored more.

Italy had most of the ball, seemed a little sluggish and reserved, but kept their cool and finished the game with great confidence. Totti made an appearence after a long break and Insaghi came off injured, we don't know the extent of his injury.

Ecuador played a good first half, but slumped in the second.

Croatia;s first goal came from a thundering 22 meter volley by our Bavarian, N. Kovac. We outplayed our opponents in the first, creating good chances, and Suker slotted one in at the break. Our 4th goal came courtesy of Rapaic, who rolled over 4 players and did all the work in creating for Vlaovic, who neatly slotted into an empty net in the 90th. It comes as a great releif to us that our midfielders scored, Prosinecki had a good game and Boksic is training at nearly full power. He didn't play today.

All in all, group G seems set to live up to it's "second group of death" reputation, and these teams will explode onto your TV screens June 3rd.

G

·
Vatreni spremni za Meksiko!

4 - 0, to je super rezultat, mislim i super igranje nasi reprezentivci u Korea/Japan. Volim kad Hrvatska pobjedi, to znaci da su spremni igrati. Nece biti lako protiv Meksika, ali ocekujem pobjedu za vatrene.

Volim te Hrvatska!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Croatia beats Toyama Dreams 4-0 in World Cup warmup[B/]
Updated: Sunday May 26, 2002 08:46 a.m. ET

TOYAMA, Japan (AP) -- Croatia beat Toyama Dreams -- a combination of amateur and professional players from local teams -- 4-0 in a World Cup warmup match Sunday.

Niko Kovac opened the scoring in the fourth minute, banging in a volley from outside the penalty box.

In the 44th minute, Robert Jarni went on one of his trademark runs on the left flank and found Davor Suker who tapped in from close range with classical left-foot shot.

Anthony Seric blasted in a powerful long-range shot to make it 3-0 in 82nd minute, and Goran Vlaovic sealed the scoring in extra-time with a delightful chip-shot over the goalie.

Croatia dominated the match, giving Toyama virtually no scoring opportunities.

Star striker Alen Boksic was resting an abdominal injury to be fit in time for the opening match against Mexico on June 3 in Niigata in Group G.

Sunday's match was played before a sellout crowd of 15,000. (str/eb/ij-nk)

Copyright 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I read that Mexico played well on nogomet.com spwolf, I hope they did play terrible :)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Novinari sve zabrinutiji
Tridesetak meksièkih novinara trenutaèno se nalazi u Fukuiju, gdje prate svoju reprezentaciju. Malo smo razgovarali nakon dvoboja, i veæina ih je zabrinuta. Jose Luis Tapia, iz novina sliènih španjolskoj Marci, rekao je da se jako boji za Meksiko. S obzirom na to kako su juèer Meksikanci igrali, i treba ga biti strah. (if)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
well good, hope they don't drastically improve their form before June 3rd

1 - 20 of 20 Posts