Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goalkeepers: Stipe Pletikosa (Shakhtar Donetsk), Tomislav Butina (Club Bruges), Joseph Didulica (Austria Vienna)

Defenders: Dario Simic (AC Milan), Igor Tudor (Juventus), Boris Zivkovic (VfB Stuttgart), Josip Simunic (Hertha Berlin), Stjepan Tomas (Fenerbahce), Mato Neretljak (Hajduk Split), Mario Tokic (GAK Graz)

Midfielders: Niko Kovac (Hertha Berlin), Milan Rapaic (Ancona), Jerko Leko (Dynamo Kiev), Marko Babic (Bayer Leverkusen), Darijo Srna (Shakhtar Donetsk), Giovanni Rosso (Maccabi Haifa), Jasmin Agic (Dinamo Zagreb)

Forwards: Dado Prso (Monaco), Tomo Sokota (Benfica), Ivica Mornar (Portsmouth), Ivica Olic (CSKA Moscow), Ivan Klasnic (Werder Bremen)

Well I am unhappy becuase there is now Vranjes, Sablic, I Leko and instead he calls up the likes of Tokic and Agic (Zivkovic and Tomas I have no problem with them, they are good players if Baric pplays them in the correct position!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would have liked to have seen Sablic and I Leko in the squad, but overall it is a pretty strong squad. At least we do not have the same amount of injury concerns like we did in our last friendly against Germany, apart from R Kovac. What is the latest on Kranjcar?

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Niko was supposed to return to the Dinamo lineup on Saturday against Varteks but I guess he wasn't 100% fit. He is doing light training.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i'm going to this game.and varteks and turkey.
to see new vatreni:)
hmm..it's gonna be interesting.turkey is good they are the 3rd on the world,right behind us.emre,rustu,ilan manzis,don't know is alpay,tugay still play.. but klasnic,rapaic,srna,leko,prso can do more,we need victory.

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know, it will be a very tough game, new coach for Turkey (usually when a team gets a new coach, they win the first game) and they will probably just come out and attack. Turkey are a good side, hopefully we can beat them.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
DerbyCounty said:
I don't know, it will be a very tough game, new coach for Turkey (usually when a team gets a new coach, they win the first game) and they will probably just come out and attack. Turkey are a good side, hopefully we can beat them.
We haven't found our new coach yet. ;)

Emre and Bastürk are injured so this is how I think our lineup is going to be:

........................Rüstü

Fatih.......Toraman.......Deniz.......Sonkaya

Gökdeniz....Altintop.....Ümit.....Serkan

...................Nihat......Tuncay

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
ahh ok makes sense because I think Sas is one of your best players creativity wise and scoring as well(I like his style of play) and for him to not be in your line-up is uncommon so thats why I was wondering.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This will be a good friendly for us, Turkey a very good team and I love their style of play. I still can't believe that they didn't qualify for Euro. This is a good warm up game for us in the lead up to Euro.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
match preview from soccerage...

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u1613.html

==============

International Friendly Prediction: Croatia - Turkey
Croatia - Turkey | Latest News | News Archive

03/30/2004. Croatia are missing several players but Turkey are a side that is rebuilding at the moment. The fact that Croatia is playing at home makes them tough to bet against.

Prediction: Croatia 2:0 Turkey
Daniel Fernandes

soccerage

·
Registered
130 Posts
A lot of injury concerns, more than I realised. The Kovac brothers, Kranjcar, and Klasnic are definitely out and there are doubts over Prso, Rapajic, and Tudor. This is just like the last friendly against Germany where we had lots of players out as well.

Turkey are a very good side and this is not going to be anywhere near the strongest line up for Croatia. I still think we can win at home.

Prediction: Croatia 2 Turkey 1

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tokic got a 6 rating from one of the websties but I can't really comment becuase I didn't watch the game (only followed it by minute by minute)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
DerbyCounty said:
CROATIA 2 TURKEY 2
Sokota 2' Srna 76'///Zafer 72' Cagdas 78'
Sokota was taken out of the game only 10 minutes after he scored becuase of an injury, hopefully not serious! And by the looks of it, did we play five at the back??!!
Here are the line-ups, match report, minute by minute and pictures from the match:
http://www.sportnet.hr/Stranica_v2.asp?S=vijest&ID=220630
thanx.
turkish side broadcasted the match on the net but not good textlive.:pp

·
Registered
130 Posts
Didn't get to see the game. It was a strange line up. I am not sure Derby if we did play 5 at the back, Tudor might have played as a defensive midfielder. Also did Baric start with 3 up front with Prso, Sokota, and Mornar? Maybe Mornar played on the wing, it wouldn't suprise me with Baric.

With the players that were available, this would have been my starting line up with a 4-4-2.

--------------Pletikosa-------------------

Simic----Tudor-----Tomas-----Zivkovic

Srna-----Leko------Babic------Rapajic

-----------Prso--------Sokota------------

I am guessing Baric had something like this:

------------------Pletikosa----------------------

Tokic--------Tomas------Simunic-----Zivkovic

Mornar-----Tudor--------Babic--------Rapajic

---------------Prso---------Sokota--------------

It was a bit disappointing that we didn't win, but they did score their goals when we made multiple subs, which makes it difficult to read too much into a result in a friendly match. Losing Sokota so early in the match was a blow, lets hope the injury isn't too serious.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Basic your line-up looks normal and decent considering the injuries we had! Baric's on the other hand looks brutal lol. He has everyone playing in midfield except for real midfielders(Tudor-Zivkovic-Mornar almost flirted with putting Prso there?? like WTF)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts