Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone care?

Are we all really so depressed about the state of the NT that this game isnt worth a thread?

Your thoughts and hopes (or lack of) here.....

Personally, I think we may get (at most) a draw with the likelyhood of a loss being quite high. Never thought I would be so negative.:cry:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Here we go again...

We need a defensive midfielder that is athletic, industrious and can actually pass to get something out of this game.

Gareth "£18 million" Barry has none of the above qualities. I'd rather have a past it Niko Kovac.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Good luck

if England did win watch the overhype start up again instantly :D I do think this could be a 0-0 draw, which would be a good result.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
If we win and put in a good performance, which is highly unlikely, the team will get praised. People need to distinguish the difference between over-hyping and simply praising.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
There is a difference, but over-hyping will begin I believe... there is a thing in England which goes... build them up build them up and when they fail to perform break them down :D At the moment its at the period where they cant even break them down or build them up because they have been poor for so many years :pp Probably what I mean is the period of 2002 - 2006 where Eriksson was rarely praised, when England won, it was in spite of him mostly. It was his 'Golden' generation which was being overhyped.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
We had a very strong team of individuals in the Eriksson era, but he didn't utilize any of our key players. We were winning games ugly, and it was evident that once we came face to face with the heavyweights of this world i.e. Brazil, France etc. we would crumble and choke. And so we did. I agree, people went a bit over-board with Sven, but he deserved most the stick he received.

Even Capello have won 4 games out the 6 he has managed, and he's hardly getting praised.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
That team of key players is the same team you have now? :googly: It was the same team that failed to reach Euro 2008. In fact I would go as far to say that the team of today on paper should be better than those of Eriksson as they are also more experience dand probably even better on the whole aside from Beckham. Crumbled against Brazil and France? etc. Yes I would agree that in 30 minutes to not pressure Brazil enough was poor in the QF of 2002, but also it is not easy, even against Brazil in 10, to come back... Choked againat France? When? The only player who choked against France was David James and Steven Gerrard in Euro 2004... because for 90 minutes England were deserving of their victory until them 2 made big errors.

·
Registered
211 Posts
it will be a difficult game for England and a difficult stadium(Stadion Maksimir ),
i hope the players dont focus on revenge because it will cost us alot,
but im sure that Capello will know how to deal with the players,
the best tactic for this game is 4-5-1 so we could control the game.

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
i can`t wait for this game. the 3rd game against croatia and which will not accept any new defeat from croatian team. english fans won`t forgive any drop in such big games.
croatia now is one of the best teams in the world, have been developing impressively and have some brilliant players..

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
croatia now is one of the best teams in the world,
I wouldnt go that far mate.....a good team, yes but one of the best in the world....not for me.

Last few results for Croatia...

Croatia 3 - Kazahkstan 0
Croatia 1 - Turkey 1 (1-3 aet)
Poland 0 - Croatia 1
Croatia 2 - Germany 1
Austria 0 - Croatia 1
Croatia 1 - Moldova 0

Not exactly a tested side imo....nothing to suggest that they are one of the best in the world (although you would think that reading through their forum).

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Croatia is a quality team, one of those very difficult ones on the international stage. Right now I think Italy would lose there quite easily... For some reason I think England will block them out though and a 0-0, as long as James doesnt have any brain farts.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
hmm Nico...where do you rate us in the world then?

Do you rate england higher?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[
hmm Nico...where do you rate us in the world then?

Do you rate england higher?
My opinion mate, I think I am allowed that in this thread. I stated that I didnt think you were one of the best teams in the world and thats what I believe at the moment.

I didnt say where I rated England but as you asked, no, on past and present form and results, I do not rate England higher.

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
I wouldnt go that far mate.....a good team, yes but one of the best in the world....not for me.

Last few results for Croatia...

Croatia 3 - Kazahkstan 0
Croatia 1 - Turkey 1 (1-3 aet)
Poland 0 - Croatia 1
Croatia 2 - Germany 1
Austria 0 - Croatia 1
Croatia 1 - Moldova 0

Not exactly a tested side imo....nothing to suggest that they are one of the best in the world (although you would think that reading through their forum).

don`t forget games against England in euro 06 qualification.. also they are the 5th now in fifa ranking... i think there are 2 important reasons for me.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
To answer Nico people do care especially a game like this. It's a big game. There is just not a lot of confidence now towards the English team. All the facts point to a Croatia win. They have good individual players just as England but they play more as a team unit. Plus they have a coach they love in charge who has been at the helm for a while where as England are starting out with another manager who is going to wave a magic wand to make us world beaters. Croatia should win if they are on song.

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
i think we`ll see changes in england lineup in this game. capello should deal with this game carefully. england team is missing the pace of such games. so, capellp should block he game against croatia, no need to open the game from the beginning unless the english side look for an early goal which will change all Bilic planning for the game.

capello needs to invest walcott and cole in this game.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
capello needs to invest walcott and cole in this game.
Hear what you are saying. Width and lots of crosses into the box. Heskey could cause problems in the centre of their defence. Croatia are not the greatest in that area. Problem could be that Walcott won't be able to sustain a threat throughout the game and Cole well he loves to drift into the middle.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
[

My opinion mate, I think I am allowed that in this thread. I stated that I didnt think you were one of the best teams in the world and thats what I believe at the moment.

I didnt say where I rated England but as you asked, no, on past and present form and results, I do not rate England higher.
Just asking, why so defensive?

So where do you rate us? Where do you rate england....

chillax! :D

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
I was going to bet on this but I really find the result hard to predict. I thought it's got draw written all over it to start with but the more I thought about it the more I wasn't convinced.

My advice is for the gamblers to leave this one alone. We could get outplayed and beaten, we could scrape a win, we could shut up and see out a 0-0. Tough call.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts