Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The friendly to be played in Split on February 18 will be our first warm up match in preperation for Euro 2004.

This is the squad that Baric has selected:

Pletikosa, Butina, Simic, Zivkovic, R Kovac, Tudor, Simunic, Tomas, Neretljak, N Kovac, Srna, Leko, Rosso, Rapajic, Babic, Kranjcar, Pršo, Sokota, Olic, Mornar, Klasnic.

No real suprises that I can see. The focus will be on Kranjcar, lets hope he can perform in his first game for the senior NT.

The result isn't that important, but I have a feeling it will end 1-1.

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
Vranjes and Sablic should of been called up but still it is a good squad. Rapaic may not play becuase he has a slight injury. Also good to see Kranjcar and Klasnic in the side.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i hope that they will not play in empty poljud.
and sablic is better than tokic..
chance to beat germany again:lol
too bad that sokota has a easy injury but hey,klasnic is here:)
i just cross 1000 post:cool:

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
Sokota, Tudor and Kranjcar out. In comes Andric and Tokic. Still no Vranjes or Sablic. We need the three guys that are out for the match against Germany to be healthy when we go to Portugal.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
ej, tisucu postova, cestitam eusebio :)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
last time shined jarni and suker...
this time could be srna and prso,what do you think:)?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The injuries are disappointing especially Kranjcar. We were all forward to see how he performed for the senior NT, but we will have to wait a little longer. Hopefully he is fully fit for the rest of the friendlies in the lead up to Euro.

Disappointing for Sokota also, but this may allow Klasnic to start up front with Prso.

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
This is getting crazy!! Mornar was injured in the match against Liverpool and he most likely will not play against Germany. :( Too many injuries just like in the match against England.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
It was a good game, Croatia didn't deserve to lose, the Germans scored really lucky second goal. :rolleyes:

This was first home defeat for your NT, wasn't it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have lost at home before. I recall losing 2-0 to France in a friendly a few years back and there may have another loss or two somewhere.

We have never lost a competitive match at home, that is any qualifying match. This of course dates back to Euro 96 qualifying (our first attempt at qualifying for a major tornament).

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
prso was good...but half of team wasn't.
that's why we lost vs "strong" germany.
our boys can really play better.and we saw how much we need rapaic,kranjcar and sokota.cause niko kovac,and rosso olic is zero.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts