Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
68,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw was made today for the U21 tournament which will be held in Germany this year. We have been drawn into Group A.
Italy
Belarus
Serbia
Croatia
The other group is Germany, Portugal, Sweden and Switzerland.

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
We are through!:eek:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Too tough to say right now. I know nothing about the other teams and our boys may be much weaker without Kranjcar...

Novoselac is a very good coach and that's who I'd put the most confidence into Croatia getting through this group.

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
considering only us and Italy have qualified for Euro2004 in our group, and we will call our best U21 players to Portugal, I'm not so sure we will play like we can. With Babic, Srna, Kranjcar etc. I'd be expecting much more from us...

·
Banned
852 Posts
In the Cro vs. SiCG debate we are starting to forget about Belorussia. I hope that our players and coaching staff don't make the same mistake. Belorussians qualified for the tournament from a group that included the Czech's (Euro U-21 title holders).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Whatever the result,

(I am tiping heavily on an S&M victory due to the fact that our boys will be very motivated and at full strength while Croatia must worry about Portugal)

I just hope that the scenes we saw in Kranj shall not be repeated and that we could enjoy a "sporting" match on the field rather then a "boxing" one off it.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Some words from Djalovic,

RADOMIR DJALOVIc, napadac Zagreba i mlade reprezentacije SCG, izjavio je za kako ce Hrvatska mlada reprezentacija biti izuzetno tezak protivnik reprezentaciji SCG na predstojecem Europskom prvenstvu mladih, te da "Hrvati znaju s kim imaju posla". Dodao je kako ce im se osvetiti za poraz od 6:2 koji im je mlada Hrvatska reprezentacija nanijela usred Beograda.

Djalovic je izjavio kako su najopasniji igraci hrvatske nogometne reprezentacije Srna, Kranjcar i Babic, no jos se ne zna tko ce od njih igrati za mladu reprezentaciju, jer su sva trojica pozvana i u A reprezentaciju. Baricev poziv dovoljno govori o kakvim se igracima radi, rekao je Djalovic.

Reprezentativac Srbije i Crne Gore izjavio je kako su reprezentacije u skupini A, u kojoj su uz Hrvatsku i SCG Italija i Bjelorusija, podjednake kvalitete, te kako ce se voditi velika borba za prva dva mjesta koja vode u polufinale.

Djalovic smatra kako njegovoj reprezentaciji raspored ide na ruku, jer prvi susret igraju upravo protiv nase mlade reprezentacije. "Trebamo iskoristiti kvalitetu koju imamo", rekao je na kraju razgovora za Glas javnosti Radomir Djalovic.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Super Croat I will give you some idea about our team and what you can expect.

The coach of the squad is a Crvena Zvezda legend and its 4th star Vladimir Petrovic "Pizon" an ex-Arsenal player. He has selected a very talented group of players but most importantly they have gelled as a team achieving good results like the 1:0 victory at home against Italy, 3:0 vs. Wales and in the playoffs a 5:1 demolition of Norway.

The key players are

Goalkeepers:

Vladimir Disljenkovic (Crvena Zvezda) - goalkeeper only 6 goals conceded in the S&M league for the past 6 months

Poleksic (Lecce)

Defence:

Nemanja Vidic (Crvena Zvezda) CB - already an A-team player one of the best in Europe

Mijailovic (Wisla Krakow) LB - thunderous free kicks as the Italians found out in Novi Sad

Marjan Markovic (Crvena Zvezda) RB - the fastest player and team captain

Cilinsek (Vojvodina) CB

Midfield:

Goran Lovre (Anderlecht)

Ivan Ergic (FC Basel) - born in Croatia amazing dribbler scored 2 against Valencia in the CL

Krasic (Vojvodina)

Igor Matic (OFK Beograd)

Attack:

alongside Danko Lazovic (Feyenord)

3 Montenegrans will lead the attack :D

Radomir Djalovic (NK Zagreb)

Andrija Delibasic (Mallorca) 3 CL goals for Partizan

Srdjan Radonjic (Partizan)

·
Registered
222 Posts
About that match in Beograd a few years ago, I saw it first hand every single time the young "Vatreni" crossed our half they created a chance, it was a torture to watch because the unfair referee had sent off Vladimir Ivic our best player. So the 2:6 was an unfair score, we had to play most of the match a man short.

A few months later in Zagreb it was 2:2. I remember a magnificent free kick by Ivica Franciskovic from 30 meters to even the tie for us.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Italians are good defensively as always tactically sound, Cassano is their main dangerman (you ought to know him the guy who sunk Hajduk out of the UEFA Cup) but is unlikely to make it unless Trap axes him from the squad for Portugal.

Cannavaro junior (Fabio's younger brother) is there but to me their most influential player is Bonera (injured and unlikely to recover in time.)

Knowing how Italy suffers from the Croatia syndrome you should not be very worried ;) about them.

Belorus knocked out the defending champions the Czech's so they are not to be underestimated or wrtten off, they propably have the same aims as any of the other 3 teams in the group.

·
Registered
68,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dislike Cassano very much not only for what he did against Hajduk but the way he acts, like a faggott. Everytime I see Roma highlights he is always pissed off and he always pouts like a baby becuase he doesn't get what he wants, I am 100% sure he recieves it up the ass. Ok back to the topic..:D
In another thread I named the line up that I would like to use, i posted two, one without Kranjcar, Babic and Srna and the other with the three players. Both 3-4-1-2.

with Kranjcar, Babic and Srna
Vranjic
Drpic-Lucic-Jese
Srna-Safaric-Babic-Pranjic
----------Kranjcar-----
Petric-Ljubojevic

without Kranjcar, Babic and Srna
Vranjic
Drpic-Lucic-Jese
Vranjic
Drpic-Lucic-Jese
Buljat-Safaric-Carevic-Pranjic
---------Rubil-------
Petric-Ljubojevic
Also if Tomic is fit he can take place for Safaric and Safaric will take the place of Rubil who hasn't impressed me at all in the French lower divisions.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Opening game
The opening game of the tournament will be the Group A encounter between local rivals Serbia and Montenegro and Croatia in Oberhausen on 27 May. Hosts Germany begin their campaign the following day against Switzerland in Mainz. The final will take place in Bochum on 8 June
3 months before the big tournament for our U-21's. Should be interesting to see how they do without the likes of Niko Kranjcar.

·
Registered
68,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like Da Silva (Brazilian, he plays for Dinamo Zagreb) could be playing for the Mladi Repka, he wants to play for Croatia and Novoselac wants him too. Will the U21's play against Turkey and why didn't they play Germany last time?

·
Registered
68,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the U21 squad for the friendly match against BiH in Bihac. No DaSilva, Kranjcar is out injured, Srna and Babic are with the "A" team and Goran Rubil is injured. Here is the squad for the match:
Tomislav Vranjic (Cibalia), Marijan Buljat (Osijek), Danijel Pranjic (Osijek), Vedran Jese (Zagreb), Mario Lucic (Cibalia), Dino Drpic (Dinamo), Nikola Safaric (Varteks), Ivan Zgela (Cibalia), Goran Ljubojevic (Osijek), Mario Carevic (Hajduk), Mladen Petric (Grasshopper), Marko Sarlija (Dinamo), Dario Knezevic (Rijeka), Sinisa Linic (Rijeka), Kresimir Brkic (Osijek), Tomislav Mikulic (Osijek), Dario Bodrusic (Inter Zapresic), Domagoj Abramovic (Siroki Brijeg), Mate Brajkovic (Zadar), Dario Zahora (Dinamo).

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.