Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those dumb a$$es who think Croatia is too old (from dailysoccer.com)

CROATIA

The tallest player: Simunic Josip (Hertha, Germany) 195 sm
The shortest player: Kovac Niko (Bayern, Germany) 176 sm
The heaviest player: Simunic Josip (Hertha, Germany) 89 kg
The lightest player: Olic Ivica (NK Zagreb, Croatia) 62 kg
The most efficient player: Suker Davor (Munich 1860, Germany) 45
The most capped player: Suker Davor (Munich 1860, Germany) 68
The average height of the players: 183,7
The average weight of the players: 78,34
The average age of the players: 28.1
The youngest player: Vranjes Jurica (Bayer, Germany) 22 y, 4 m, 1 d
The oldest player: Soldo Zvonimir (VfB Stuttgart, Germany) 34 y, 6 m, 30 d
The coach: Jozic Mirko (08.04.1940)

Croatia 4
Hajduk Split - 1
Dinamo Zagreb - 1
NK Zagreb - 2

Italy 4
Verona - 1
Vicenza - 1
Inter- 1
Lecce - 1

Germany 7
Bayer- 2
Hertha - 1
Bayern - 2
VfB Stuttgart - 1
Munich 1860 - 1

Greece 3
Panathinaikos - 3

England 4
Portsmouth - 1
Chelsea - 1
Aston Villa - 1
Middlesbrough - 1

Turkey 1
Fenerbahce - 1

By dailysoccer's calculations Croatia is YOUNGER than Italy by 0.05 years :D

·
International
8,545 Posts
Since we didn't qualify for EURO, a lot of people know little to nothing about our team and when they see names like Suker, Prosinecki and Jarni, they probably just assume that most of our 98 squad is still together and therefore consider us old.

As far as those stats go, they're interesting but at least one of them is wrong as Jarni has more caps than Suker.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Good research Boban_2 I see you're using a credible site.

Now Sports Illustrated can take their prognostication and shove it up their a.ss.

·
Registered
333 Posts
For one thing, a teams average age is about as relevant as a wart on Anna Kournikova's ass.

What is more important is the ages of the core group of players. These are your most important players. The ones who start most games or are candidates to sub in each game.

I guess Suker, Boksic and Prosinecki will have to prove they are not old at the WC. I think even Croatian fans would have to admit that it's about time to bring in younger impact players.

But then any one who questions the Croatian team must be an idiot.:eek:

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
No figo, we never said everyone with questions is an idiot, only one idiot posts here man, and his picture is on your licence (assuming you'reold enough to drive ;) )

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Core...

Ok, you want core players...here is the starting lineup for Mexico game as predicted by most Croatian sites:

Stipe Pletikosa (23)
Boris Živkoviæ (25)
Josip Šimuniæ (22)
Robert Kovaè (26)
Robert Jarni (34)
Stjepan Tomas (25)
Zvonimir Soldo (35)
Niko Kovaè (29)
Robert Prosineèki (33)
Davor Šuker (33)
Alen Bokšiæ (32)

Avg. Age: 28.81

Still too old?

Oh and the reason we think you are an idiot is not because you question our team but because your opinions are based on some idiotic agenda and NOT ON FACTS.

Want to be taken more seriously than those dumb SI authors, DO SOME RESEARCH (in fact this is good advice for anything in your life or else you will continuously wonder why people think you are a dumb moron). :howler:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Figo,if i were you i'd be more concerned about Portugal. They have more holes in defence than swiss cheese, Figo wont be match fit, Rui Costa has hardly played for Milan, Concesaio barely featured for Inter. Lucky Portugal have an easy group, but once they get into the second round that's where there tournament will end. Only Pauleta is showing great form.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
loosers

when confronted with facts idiotic posters are filtered from those who know how to argue their point.

I bet that Figo will now say that the Core players didn't mean the starting 11 but only those positions where Croatia's players are older than 30 :D :D

I hope we meet Portugal in the 2nd round. There will be hell to pay for EC96 and Figo Rules will then go hide in a dark corner.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Ok now...everyone just ignore this guy from "Lisbon" because he is coming on this board for one thing and one thing only and that is to argue...he admitted that himself. Don't let his childish behavior sway you from writing about Croatia and the upcoming World Cup....anyway....Naprid Vatreni!

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
All this talk of age is making me feel old. I'm on the wrong side of that 28.81 :eek:

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
yeah for real i mean i was one of the few people in my area supporting Portugal because they are a small country like us that play a creative style of soccer! but since this clown Figo Rules has come on i dont know anymore plus someone that says Eusebio is Portuguese has got some geography problems to deal with;) Mozambique=Portugal? not the last time i checked but he was a great player and he did play for Metro-Croatia:)

oh and i think Figo is a great player just hasnt done what Suker did in his prime:cool:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
C'mon, Lads. Leave the Portugalac alone.;) How can you expect him to gather proper information about Croatia when the media can't even get it right.

Right at this moment I am looking at the World Cup program offered by my city's newspaper. I am looking at the Group G page. There is one picture that takes up half the page of Del Piero taking a corner kick.:rolleyes: Another third of the page that talks about Italy and how great they are and a picture of Zambrotta beside it. Three small paragraphs each on the other three teams.

Croatia - "team will depend heavily on the strike-power of Goran Vlaovic of Panathinaikos.":eek:

Gotta love living a soccer ignorant country...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Super Croat said:
Croatia - "team will depend heavily on the strike-power of Goran Vlaovic of Panathinaikos.":eek:

Gotta love living a soccer ignorant country...
LOL :howler:

If we gotta depend heavily on the strike power of Vlaovic then we are doomed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
mARZ said:

LOL :howler:

If we gotta depend heavily on the strike power of Vlaovic then we are doomed :rolleyes:
well actually, he has a lot of power... so we should send a msg to Japs to go down if they see vlaovic shooting ;-)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im not defending Figo here but you guys really amaze the sh!t out of me sometimes. I get on the net for work alot and everynow and then log on to here for a laugh, and for some interesting insights from the 'Cro fan' in general, But let me tell you that sometimes your conversations go off on these tangents that ultimately lead to friggin' crap. Who gives a flying f*ck how old the Croat team is, you guys have got more important things to worry about. At the end of the day age will not be the deciding factor in whether you win or lose. If that is the only thing you guys are worried about then you got a few surprises install for you in the upcoming weeks. If Croatia are good enough physically and Mentally, age don't mean sh!t. I think Boban2 said it in a previous post - the average age was .08 older than Italy - Man, if you are really that concerned about that age difference then you have got too much time on your hands even to work those stats out...........

Italian fans aren't concerned about Italy's 'average age' - we know we have the players that can take us all the way, through experience, guts and determination - and the odd cheat here and there ;)

FORZA ITALIA SEMPRE - CAMPIONI A 2002

·
©
7,230 Posts
The point of the post was to show people that Croatia isn't as old as the media and people in general think they are. What is so hard to understand about that. Almost every preview of the Croatian team I have read has been wrong, misinformed and some times included players that aren't even involved in the national team anymore. It gets annoying after a while.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts