Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Tomas looks like he is very commited to our cause and he should be included in the squad afterall he played reasonably well in our qualifiers particularly against Belgium in Zagreb. Im sure this is just a minor setback for him and he will be back in the picture at Vicenza soon :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Tomas deserves and will be there,he played in Seria A last season and is good enough to play at that level.
The guy is all heart and i think he and Jarni went craziest after Belgium game in jubiliation.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oh God, another whiner. These pricks make me want to puke when they make "poor me" comments in the press. Like which player wouldn't want to go to the WC. I wish players would express their desires to national coaches and on the pitch as opposed to the press.

The fact of the matter is, Jozic should pick the top 22 Croatian players who based on : a. skill b. fitness c. activity at club level. Not in shape, not playing....TOO BAD! Hey, I do like Tomas as a player, but IMO any player riding the pine ought to take a back seat to a regular starter.

And what is with all you guys with your bleeding heart sympathy posting how this or that guy 'deserves a call up' everytime they cry in the press. Oh please!!!! Nobody DESERVES anything....this is the WC.....the world's largest and greatest sporting event. Anybody who really wants the privelage of playing better put on a damn good performance at the club level....which also means fighting for your spot at the club level starting 11.

·
Registered
36,169 Posts
Jure !!

You're back !! been wondering where you were.

I have to agree, but let's remember the WC in France, and how many Croatian players were not starting for their clubs. Suker was riding pine, as was Vlaovic, Asanovic was appaling for every club he played for, and some other guys were far from regulars.

But Ciro had this philosophy, where he'd bring a player out of his slump by playing him for the national team. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes of course Tomas should be a candidate for considersation. His play in qualifiers was impressive. However, what is important is here and now. If Tomas really wants to make it on the NT, he should shut up and concentrate on becoming a starter again for his club. In order to this he will have to be the most intense and hardest working player on his team.

Otherwise, Jozic should give priority to starters and if Tomas is a Serie A bench warmer that is his problem.

Ero: I don't think anybody should use Ciro as a role model unless you are really a believer of astrology....... :D ;)

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Jure we can always count on you for a thoughtful, gentle analysis of a situation.

Just a word of advice: try not to be so coy and say what you really feel. Don't beat around the bush just to be nice. ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D

Ha, Ha...looks like the extensive sensitivity training I have gone through at work is really paying off in spades.:crazy: :fero:

Baraba, nice to see that we can always count on you for your unsarcastic comments.:D Keep dishin' them.;)

Hey GRUB, how've ya been lately?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts