Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think one thread for the two final matches is better since it's mainly just been one of the threads active so far in these last two days.

Spain need a point to win the group, Croatia need a score draw to qualify, while Italy need some help from the Spaniards and need to do their own job to move on. Ireland are already out.

Can definetly see some drama happen in this group but not really counting on it.

Think Croatia and Spain play out a draw which sends both through.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
If we Croats will play 2:2 with spaniards in fixed match, i won't look any our national team match for a long long time... i would be more happy with 3:0 loose...

Ask russians, we beated english team 2:3 at the middle of London, without any need... but we did that, and russians get ticket to euro 2008...

If we can't take single point from tommorow's match, we don't deserve to go further... we are not english stupid people (when they fu.cked up us for world cup 2010, they lost against Ukraine which was fu.cking disgrace of the team, and it was fu.cking disgrace english stupid people performance), and another example is scandinavian stupid people (euro 2004).

And in some next qualfs, when english stupid people will need our victory in match what will be totally unimportant for us, we will again give our best, 110%... like we did in russian case...

Like I sad, we are pride nation, at least i think that.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
^^Don't be overly dramatic.

I'd like to see both teams go for a win, but I can totally see them defending a score draw, let's say, after 70-80 minute mark.
So if a game is progressing as a 1-0, and the other teams scores on 80th minute, why should any one of them try to win? It's dangerous, you can get a counter. Italians want that? They should have done their job themselves.

It's always Italians complaining about fixing games, when they are known for that themselves. The players have a shitty attitude, too. As soon as the Italy-Croatia match finished, they were already giving interviews about Spain-Croatia match, and how 2-2 will likely to happen (Buffon and others). They are just transferring their OWN responsibility of beating Croatia to Spain. How awful is it when you shit your pants and come out to try to blame other two teams beforehand?

But that's Italy for you. I'd be laughing if the game is a score draw at 80 minute mark. Because I can totally see both teams accepting it.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Being honest the papers may talk of the 2-2 but generally don't think most are that fearful and I personally don't care this time around. It's quite the irony, but we deserve a fix against us anyway.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
^^Don't be overly dramatic.

I'd like to see both teams go for a win, but I can totally see them defending a score draw, let's say, after 70-80 minute mark.
So if a game is progressing as a 1-0, and the other teams scores on 80th minute, why should any one of them try to win? It's dangerous, you can get a counter. Italians want that? They should have done their job themselves.

It's always Italians complaining about fixing games, when they are known for that themselves. The players have a shitty attitude, too. As soon as the Italy-Croatia match finished, they were already giving interviews about Spain-Croatia match, and how 2-2 will likely to happen (Buffon and others). They are just transferring their OWN responsibility of beating Croatia to Spain. How awful is it when you shit your pants and come out to try to blame other two teams beforehand?

But that's Italy for you. I'd be laughing if the game is a score draw at 80 minute mark. Because I can totally see both teams accepting it.
Stop acting as if Spain and Croatia would deserve it more to go through when the standings would be 5-5-5

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Stop acting as if Spain and Croatia would deserve it more to go through when the standings would be 5-5-5
I thought this is not about who deserves to go more?

It is about the fact that Italy needing a certain result, and them demanding it almost daily in media. It's a bit pathetic that teams should also keep in mind what Italy needs. Italy are known for getting whatever result that suits them. And in the case of Spain-Croatia match, 2-2, 3-3 etc. would suit both teams. I bet if it were Italy, they'd be totally fine with that kind of scoreline, no matter how ugly, dirty and negative it is. They never were shy of gladly accepting such results.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
No, it's not pathetic, it's simply accepting the fact that they can not get through if the other game ends in draw by not having the luck to face Ireland in the first 2 games, what else is there to discuss?

On the other hand, complaining about the grass every time you draw or lose a game is pathetic.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It's pathetic that they talk as if they had already won against Ireland and care more about Spain-Croatia game

·
Registered
69,208 Posts
there is a bigger chance Italy screw up against Ireland than there being a 2:2+ draw. Croatia will play with one up front this time, pretty much defend and counter I guess.

I don't see Croatia winning, but maybe Spain will take the foot off the pedal once they score knowing a draw is alright for them

·
Historian
1,364 Posts
On the other hand, the other two teams did not have the luck to face Ireland when they have absolutely nothing to play for
sometimes a team that has nothing to lose can be more dangerous

Being honest the papers may talk of the 2-2 but generally don't think most are that fearful and I personally don't care this time around.
the talk this time is not nearly as serious as the 04 game

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
It's pathetic that they talk as if they had already won against Ireland and care more about Spain-Croatia game
Yes it would become very interesting should Ireland find a way to deny Italy 3pts.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
No, it's not pathetic, it's simply accepting the fact that they can not get through if the other game ends in draw by not having the luck to face Ireland in the first 2 games, what else is there to discuss?

On the other hand, complaining about the grass every time you draw or lose a game is pathetic.
When you complain about the grass, you state the facts. Pro teams are known to complain about pitch conditions, weather and the ball. Many also complain about refereeing (Italy being one of them). It's an excuse for not doing the job - yes, but it is hardly comparable to begging others and being at the mercy of other sides and constantly asking in media.

The comedy of this situation is the fact that Italy themselves DREW with Croatia, yet, they ask both Croatia and Spain to avoid that result. Isn't it laughable that they ask for something that themselves didn't/couldn't do?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Think one thread for the two final matches is better since it's mainly just been one of the threads active so far in these last two days.

Spain need a point to win the group, Croatia need a score draw to qualify, while Italy need some help from the Spaniards and need to do their own job to move on. Ireland are already out.

Can definetly see some drama happen in this group but not really counting on it.

Think Croatia and Spain play out a draw which sends both through.
Just saying,

When you use army time, you don't have to put P.M. in the title.
Sorry about being a dick bout that.

Just saying,
ptooey :D

·
Banned
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just saying,

When you use army time, you don't have to put P.M. in the title.
Sorry about being a dick bout that.

Just saying,
ptooey :D
I meant to put 8:45 pm, not sure why I put 20:45 and then the pm after it. :palm:

Apologies for that, I'll try not to make the same mistake again, but thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The comedy of this situation is the fact that Italy themselves DREW with Croatia, yet, they ask both Croatia and Spain to avoid that result. Isn't it laughable that they ask for something that themselves didn't/couldn't do?
No, it's not laughable, because clearly a draw on the first two matchdays is totally different compared to a draw on the last matchday, both in terms of consequences for advancing and the mentality associated with the approaching the games.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I meant to put 8:45 pm, not sure why I put 20:45 and then the pm after it. :palm:

Apologies for that, I'll try not to make the same mistake again, but thanks for the heads up.
I've done it before. Many occasions when I was younger. That's the only reason I was aware, but mostly I was just takin the piss mate! :D

Cheers,
ptooey

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
No, it's not laughable, because clearly a draw on the first two matchdays is totally different compared to a draw on the last matchday, both in terms of consequences for advancing and the mentality associated with the approaching the games.
Well, it's "totally different" only for Italy, because they have now drawn the first two matches. It's completely not different for advancing etc. for Spain. If they draw 2-2 or higher, they finish first in the group no matter what.

PS If they draw 1-1, they finish first unless Italy wins by more than 4 goals vs Ireland I believe. So again, even this has no consequence for advancing.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts